Author Topic: What would your Autobiography be titled?  (Read 878 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What would your Autobiography be titled?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 05:49:08 AM »
"Trainwreck"  :thumbup:

I thought the title "Collectors Item" would suit you.  :laugh:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 08:38:11 AM »
'Always Trying.....very Trying' :zoinks:
Sounds like mine'd have to be! Possibly, extremely trying....
Ok i will let you have that one!  I will call mine 're arranging deck chairs on the titanic'
blah blah blah

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 08:44:46 AM »
 "Watch This Space"  :zoinks:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline BruceCM

• Half-wit of the Aspie Elite
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 09:33:34 AM »
Ok i will let you have that one!  I will call mine 're arranging deck chairs on the titanic'
Whilst it sinks, Bodie? l o l
Oh no, the evil webmaster changed my sig again!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 12:59:48 PM »
"Trainwreck"  :thumbup:

I thought the title "Collectors Item" would suit you.  :laugh:

:thumbup:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 06:04:49 PM »

Or "Me, The Titanic and an Ice Cube" by James Cameron
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 02:40:50 PM »
Titanic 2: The Revenge of Jack Dawson
- This time, it's personal
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 08:28:41 PM »
"Ruminations of a secretive madman with a god delusion." :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 09:08:02 AM »
  Do Not Attempt:  A Life In The Comfort Zone.  :hide:

People forget.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 05:02:28 PM »
I am...

Offline Grey Area

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 05:24:46 PM »
Titanic 2: The Revenge of Jack Dawson
- This time, it's personal
Titanic II is already taken.
There are no atheists when the toilet water is rising.
:GA:  :trollskull: 

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2017, 07:17:06 PM »
Not Intended for Mature Audiences.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2017, 06:38:25 AM »
Perhaps something like 'The Adventures of an Autistic Clandestine Chemist and Biohacker.

Could perhaps release several books based on specific fields too. I'd actually like to write a book, I'm thinking, once the research and development has gone far enough to get a big juicy file of many notes, results etc. to add to the references already published in mainstream journals supporting various things, to do a book dedicated to the cultivation, growth media, strain mutagenesis, selection and breeding/hybridization, plus more advanced tech like polymer/perfluorocarbon emulsion microparticulate encapsulation, bioreactor/fermenter tank design and various chemicals, surfectants, oxygen transport facillitators and electronics for monitoring fermenter internal conditions, analytical technology, chemical assays for lysergic acid derivatives and their clavine alkaloid precursors, and analytical methods for telling what one has, as well as development of designer lysergic and norlysergic acid based ergoline psychedelics as well as other ergot alkaloid pharmacology and chemistry, such as the drugs used in obstetrics, antimigraine medication and parkinson's disease. In short, a fully up to date, innovative, comprehensive volume of both original work and references published on ergot fungus (Claviceps) breeding, selection, chemistry,  biology, pharmacology, medicine, psychotropic applications and the therapeutic values within this scope, but tailored not solely to big pharma, who have access to thousands and thousands of liter-capacity mega-fermentation tanks and industrial plants to do their work in along with the most highly funded bio-labs the hobbyist can only drool over or build at least some of if they are industrious and dedicated and smart, but with the high emphasis on making this tricky genus of fungi culturable in vitro (and covering parasitic lifecycle as well of course), and not only that but stabilizing the chosen producer strain (they need mutagen treatments and multiple cultures before productive strains are obtainable from wild-type ergot sclerotia freshly picked from rye, other cereal grains or wild grasses, which themselves typically only produce a few tens of milligrams of ergot alkaloids of the lysergic acid based types per liter of culture medium, whilst with a very good strain several grams per liter are possible, I've even heard tell of 10g/liter in exceptional industrial strains. And also many strains although not all either become senescent with age and stop producing, or the productivity disappears on subculturing, and many productive strains, if not most, don't produce the asexual ascospores and thus introduce de facto a high degree of alteration in the strain genetics via sexual reproduction and genetic recombination.

Then also, I'd like to dive into the genetic manipulation of producer strains, all with the emphasis on an approach and environment aimed at making this accessible to the public, at least, those who are willing to study, learn, and put in the time, effort and dedication required to succeed, with guides on how to build ideal bioreactors, factors affecting their efficiency and pitfalls, how to assay what you get and extract it to do so,  in other words, a grass-roots approach covering everything from the tooling of homebuilt equipment, the biochemical procedures, the growth and reasons behind the various aspects of life cycles both sexual and asexual, in vitro and parasitic, the whole fucking works referencing the last couple of hundred years of ergot research, plus some into related Clavicipitaceous and Balansioid plant endophyte fungi such as are found in some higher plants like grasses and some morning glory plants, in the aztec plant Ololiuqi, and the hawaiian-derived seeds of Hawaiian baby woodrose (occurs in india too although the alkaloid-producing endophyte fungus is absent from these and they are inactive)

How to do it, from the first infected grass seedhead to a DIY-ed factory and production/analytical/genetic manipulation and study setup. Its probably my most ambitious scientific plan ever to have sprouted from within this autie chemhacking bio-punk's leetle grey cells, more so than my desire to build myself, when I can save enough for the buyable parts and to have made the ones that must be DIY'ed although likely outsourced, to build a cyclotron (a type of particle accelerato) or a proton synchrotron (another kind of particle accelerator) primarily due to the inherent vagaries of working with a  highly variable living higher organism with a complex parasitic lifecycle reproducing both by a sexual cycle and an asexual one.

I think if I really put my mind to the task, do not stop researching ever during the process and invest in some second-hand IR and UV-VIS spectrometers, plus build the equipment I need, from scratch to my own designs based on studying existing bioreactor design and really put my back into it all, I can do it. I have the most vital thing-Ergot sclerotia themselves and access to more during the reproductive season (multiple isolates, perhaps two, or even three species although unless I can obtain some Claviceps paspali, which I'd prefer to begin working with it in lieu of the C.purpurea (common ergot of rye), the chemistry is different, producing clavines and instead of the quite toxic ergopeptide alkaloids (without further chemical transformation it can't be used as is, as a psychedelic because ergotamine and other ergot alkaloids of the peptide kind in particular are very powerful adrenergic vasoconstrictors and enough so to block blood supply to various bodyparts, causing gangrene and the falling off of said bodyparts. It is only through the arts alchemical by which these toxic alkaloids get to be turned into such works  of art as the lysergic/norlysergic/1-alkyllysergic acid-derived psychedelics, although ergotamine is used in migrain treatment, and ergometrine (aka ergobasine, ergostetrine) is used in obstetric medicine to help treat post-partum bleeds and cause contraction of the uterus to help expel the afterbirth, and for a long, long time before extractom, separation and separation of the veritable host of potential alkaloids to be found within different strains of the same species within the Claviceps genus as well as their identification and working the structures via good ol' fashioned wet chem, before this, the crude drug prepared from ground up sclerotia was likely used for centuries.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2017, 08:23:11 AM »
  That's Enough Of That.   :M :P

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2017, 11:20:46 AM »
Yours CBC? or are you referring to mine?
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.