Author Topic: make someone laugh, pt 2  (Read 41757 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: make someone laugh, pt 2
« Reply #1860 on: March 23, 2023, 08:45:44 AM »
How many times have you wanted to do something like this with those damn things?
 :lol1:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1861 on: March 23, 2023, 09:01:21 AM »
... and he gets way more into it if have the time.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1862 on: March 23, 2023, 12:54:57 PM »
Holy cow.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1863 on: March 25, 2023, 02:18:05 PM »
My favorite "Welcome Mat" for all time.

"OK, You Read My Mat. That's All The Socializing I Want Right Now. Go Away."

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #1864 on: March 28, 2023, 11:31:25 AM »

I have this shirt

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1865 on: March 28, 2023, 04:31:46 PM »

I have this shirt

:worship: :worship: :worship:

I would wear THAT!

:lol1:

... but really.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1866 on: March 28, 2023, 04:36:46 PM »
Holy cow.

Makes me wonder just how much time and effort he spent just finding which machines could be predicted to consistently make the tones he needed.

I love the orchestral chorus of a mountain of floppies! But to use the scanners etc. Genius.

BTW, as a retired audio engineer, I can tell you that any attempt at mic'ing that mess up would create a number of practicality problems.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 04:42:21 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1867 on: March 29, 2023, 03:45:49 PM »
It's awesome but most likely fake. IIRC, a single floppy might read differently from insert to insert, so the sounds would differ every time, and to hold the key to that extent is very unlikely. Still fun, just not likely.

But there's a circuit board next to those floppy drives, so maybe it's a matter of tweaking anyway. Not sure how that would work but I'd love to know.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1868 on: April 01, 2023, 11:32:40 PM »
Even if it's a completely computer sampled compilation, it still took some heroic doing to get this put together.
Love of the arts.
 8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1869 on: April 01, 2023, 11:33:16 PM »
Old joke, but still ...

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1870 on: April 01, 2023, 11:33:42 PM »
 :'(

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1871 on: April 01, 2023, 11:34:17 PM »
 :hitler:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1872 on: April 01, 2023, 11:34:51 PM »
 :tard:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1873 on: April 01, 2023, 11:37:20 PM »
A little overdue ...

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1874 on: April 01, 2023, 11:39:23 PM »
 :asthing: