Educational

Author Topic: make someone laugh, pt 2  (Read 42566 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: make someone laugh, pt 2
« Reply #1920 on: April 18, 2023, 11:20:47 AM »
 :congrats:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1921 on: April 18, 2023, 11:22:22 AM »
 :dunno:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1922 on: April 18, 2023, 12:37:16 PM »
 :nerdy:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1923 on: April 20, 2023, 12:47:15 PM »
 :o

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1924 on: April 20, 2023, 12:47:47 PM »
 :autism:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1925 on: April 20, 2023, 12:48:41 PM »
 :apondering:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1926 on: April 21, 2023, 12:40:53 PM »
"I got gas today for $2.49! Unfortunately it was at Taco Bell."

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1927 on: April 21, 2023, 12:46:56 PM »
 :dunno:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1928 on: April 21, 2023, 12:47:28 PM »
 :hahaha:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1929 on: April 21, 2023, 12:48:50 PM »
 :lol1:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #1930 on: April 21, 2023, 08:00:34 PM »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1931 on: April 24, 2023, 07:01:41 AM »
"A proud and confident genius makes a bet with an idiot.

The genius says, "Hey idiot, every question I ask you that you don't know the answer, you have to give me $5. And if you ask me a question and I can't answer yours I will give you $5,000."

The idiot says, "Okay."

The genius then asks, "How many continents are there in the world?" The idiot doesn't know and hands over the $5.

The idiot says, "Now me ask: what animal stands with two legs but sleeps with three?"

The genius tries and searches very hard for the answer but gives up and hands over the $5,000.

The genius says, "Dang it, I lost. By the way, what was the answer to your question?"

The idiot hands over $5.
"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1932 on: April 24, 2023, 09:30:06 AM »
It's not really a peeve so much as a saying that makes me feel like I am bleeding somewhere I'm not supposed to bleed.

People say "ton" all the time and I don't mind much. It's an effective exaggeration that makes the point.

I have a ton of paperwork before I can leave.
I vacuumed a ton of crap out of the carpet.
Maybe even: That took a ton of work.

But, please, No: That saved me a ton of time.
That gives me tons of ideas.
You know I love you tons.

Not sure, maybe it is the ton of understanding that abstract concepts do not have mass? I don't know, but some things should not be measured in tons.
Anyone else tripped up a little by this common usage?

:autism: :autism: :autism: :autism:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #1933 on: April 24, 2023, 04:46:44 PM »
I've never thought about it. I'm not sure how much I use it, so I searched here. I do say ton, but not extremely often, and I seem to like saying 'crap ton'. when quantifying exaggerated tons. :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1934 on: April 28, 2023, 07:06:19 PM »
 :headbang2: