Author Topic: make someone laugh, pt 2  (Read 42405 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: make someone laugh, pt 2
« Reply #1710 on: November 24, 2022, 04:43:51 PM »
 :'(
This is more true than we like to think about.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1711 on: November 24, 2022, 04:44:29 PM »
Potatoes win!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1712 on: November 24, 2022, 09:09:34 PM »
 ::)

"There's just SO much going on these days! I need to get on the internet and find out what I think about it all."

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1713 on: November 27, 2022, 09:21:21 AM »
Clever Kid

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1714 on: November 27, 2022, 09:22:35 AM »
I can not explain it, but these things appeal to me.
I want to build one!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1715 on: November 30, 2022, 01:09:42 PM »
 :GA:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1716 on: November 30, 2022, 01:10:22 PM »
Carlin was borderline genius.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1717 on: November 30, 2022, 01:13:21 PM »
Another take I find hilarious.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1718 on: November 30, 2022, 01:14:52 PM »
 :thumbup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1719 on: November 30, 2022, 01:15:44 PM »
Sign of the times.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1720 on: November 30, 2022, 01:16:46 PM »
Grandpa, what were you thinking?

I love the fact that after fourteen kids, they got twins.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 01:20:00 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1721 on: December 03, 2022, 03:37:11 PM »
 :lol1:

Consider my plus to be for all of the last several posts. I needed the laughs.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1722 on: December 03, 2022, 11:53:05 PM »
I hope I can keep them coming, brother.

Sharing a snicker is about all I have left to add these days.
 :M

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1723 on: December 04, 2022, 12:53:00 AM »
This was my very first car. 1963 Dodge Custom 880 two door hardtop.
Obviously, a stolen pic from the internet ...
Get rid of the Kragar wheels and put back the stock wheel covers with fake spinners and the white roof has to go. Mine was all red, but had been driven by a '70s version of Mr Magoo and had about forty small dents all over it. He ran into everything!

I bought it with fifty thousand miles on it for two hundred bucks in 1972. I had been saving money and I had a lot more than that because I wanted a muscle car, but this came up and I took it. I really NEEDED my own damn car!
I drove it for two years until I found a '70 Mach I Mustang, my second car.

The Dodge had a 383 cu in (6.27 Liter) two barrel engine, push button automatic transmission, air conditioning, power everything, including windows which did not need the key on to operate. Convenience over security in those days, I suppose was the norm.

I kept this old beast until 1980 when I moved to Nashville and my mom insisted I could no longer leave it parked out back. It was still in great condition when I sold it to a friend for eight hundred bucks.

I had all the dents fixed, re-upholstered the interior with new tan carpet, tan buttoned seats, painted it copper color instead of red (foolish), replaced the brakes and all the engine things like radiator, water pump, fuel pump, rebuilt the carb, new 60 series tires, had a blasting stereo installed that would run you out if I cranked it up, new battery, A/C, new vacuum hoses, brake lines, fuel hoses, filters, wipers and basically everything that went wrong with old cars in those days.

It was larger than this cute pic suggests. I once smuggled eight of my high school buddies in the trunk to beat the drive-in movie fees. One sat up front with me. Might have drawn suspicion if they had noticed that there were ten lawn chairs in the back seat.

It really was a fantastic car and I wish I had kept it!

Oh, notice the rounded glass windshield and the side vents which "Detroit" no longer feels we need. No power side mirrors. You reach out with your hand and move the damn things. It worked.

:LMAO:

What did your first car look like?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 12:43:27 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1724 on: December 04, 2022, 12:24:25 PM »
 :clap: