Educational

Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 8814 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2012, 02:59:38 AM »
Why has no one railed against the injustice of my terrible Australian jokes. The poor Australians. They have been portray very poorly. I must be the nastiest kind of bigot. Please people speak up and defend the Australians everywhere from my jokes.  :'(

I was laughing too hard to catch my breath.  The oral sex one was especially hilarious.

Offline Kaelyrhn

• The Tesseract Exception of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2012, 03:02:33 AM »
Having now read all of Emile's posts, he seems to behave much the same as most the people here...?
I often post on my phone. Expect typos & errors.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2012, 03:09:30 AM »
Having now read all of Emile's posts, he seems to behave much the same as most the people here...?

Nah, we're not all that retarded.

Offline Kaelyrhn

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2012, 03:11:42 AM »
Well I wasn't really referring to cognitive ability. It is true that most here seem far superior in that area than he. Does that make them better trolls? :P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2012, 03:54:36 AM »

You've managed to miss every bait there is...?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Kaelyrhn

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #185 on: February 05, 2012, 04:04:40 AM »

No, I'm saying he baits no more or less than others here.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2012, 05:03:27 AM »

Would you do it within you first half a dozen posts if you were new here?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Kaelyrhn

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2012, 05:19:54 AM »

Would you do it within you first half a dozen posts if you were new here?

I'm not Emile. And I don't really bait people in general. At least not online :P

But given the splash screen that's up before the forums and I2's general reputation, I'm kinda surprised we don't get more people coming here just to bait us all.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2012, 05:24:49 AM »
/shrugs

I guess I see it differently.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Kaelyrhn

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2012, 07:12:22 AM »
/shrugs

I guess I see it differently.

Clearly. But that's not a bad thing.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2012, 07:33:01 AM »
@Odeon. I dont find Emiles anti-American jokes offensive because he is clearly trolling Americans. I might have been uneasy about them if Id thought they were serious. Theres no point getting offended by trolling.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2012, 11:48:32 AM »
@Odeon. I dont find Emiles anti-American jokes offensive because he is clearly trolling Americans. I might have been uneasy about them if Id thought they were serious. Theres no point getting offended by trolling.

And do you think the French jokes were in any way more seriously meant?

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #192 on: February 05, 2012, 12:10:17 PM »

And do you think the French jokes were in any way more seriously meant?

I just think that repeating the same old joke over and over again about the French being cowards is a bit tiresome and unnecessary, especially as I think we all agree that there are no French people on the site.

To answer your question though, Callaways last comment that the French would be speaking German by now if it hadn't been for the Allies did lead me to wonder if she had any underlying negativity towards the French.

I'm not really sure why I'm the one having to attempt to explain why I stopped finding Callaways anti-french jokes funny after the first few. I just pointed out that I was a bit uncomfortable with it. I was not the only one. Ren also pointed out that she did not like them. As did Adam, far more vociferously than I did.

If I had accused callaway of being a racist, I would have expected this level of questioning. Plenty of people have found some of my jokes a bit distasteful, but I haven't tried to interrogate them on why they didn't like the jokes, or why they haven't commented on similar jokes by others, but chose to comment on mine.

All I can really say is that making a string of jokes about the french being a race of cowards does not sit well with me.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #193 on: February 05, 2012, 01:37:14 PM »
A man dies and goes to hell. There he finds that there is a different hell for each country. He goes first to the German hell and asks what they do there. He is told: "First they put you in an electric chair for an hour. Then they lay you on a bed of nails for another hour. Then the German devil comes in and whips you for the rest of the day."
The man does not like the sound of that at all, so he moves on. He checks out the USA hell as well as the Russian hell and many more. He discovers that they are all more or less the same as the German hell.
Then he comes to the Lebanese hell and finds that there is a very long line of people waiting to get in. Amazed he asks: "What do they do here?"
He is told: "First they put you in an electric chair for an hour. Then they lay you on a bed of nails for another hour. Then the Lebanese devil comes in and whips you for the rest of the day."
"But that is exactly the same as all the other hells- why are there so many people waiting to get in?"
"Because there is never any electricity, so the electric chair does not work; someone stole all the nails, and the devil used to be a government employee, so he comes in, punches his time-card and then goes back home..."

Okay this one is funny.  :LOL:

I didn't think the French jokes were funny because they were so obviously some kind of strategy. Not just posted to make people laugh. Context matters.  :P
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #194 on: February 05, 2012, 01:41:24 PM »
I don't think there are any Aztecs or Mayans on I2

Fuck that would be awesome , aztec and mayans are some of my favourite subjects in history , although I only got to learn about them through horrible histories. :(

Mine too. Let's talk about Aztecs and Mayans. An entire society revering OCD behavior, BDSM and murder. Who then got exploited for their superstitiousness, and slaughtered and enslaved by a bunch of money-grubbing opportunist sleazes. Ain't human drama grand? But damn it's interesting to watch.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.