Author Topic: Throw it at me  (Read 14831 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Throw it at me
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2012, 11:47:47 AM »
Why don't you just ask Amy to show you the PM she received that accused Rossco of organizing members to attack you?  Then you could see what evidence the person who PMed her gave to support this allegation against him, or whether there was any evidence.   

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2012, 11:52:04 AM »
I was wondering just that.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gwen

• Part of the Chaos
  • She/Her pronouns please
    • AFF
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2012, 01:01:55 PM »
I'd rather not bother her with digging up that old drama, that's why.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2012, 04:15:22 PM »
You're afraid she might go all histrionic on you? :autism:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2012, 05:17:10 PM »
I'd rather not bother her with digging up that old drama, that's why.

It seems simpler to ask Amy than doing all this:

I have spent about an hour today looking through PMs (with an automated system greping for anything dodgy, not reading everything due to privacy concerns, the P in PM), I have not found one single PM alone sent by you which caused the problems but i've found many replies to other people referencing events which do not place you in a positive light.

For now however, as I can't locate the evidence I claimed to have i'm forced to remain neutral - this is not me admitting a lie on Amy's part, this is me admitting "I can not find the evidence from 4 years ago". What I have found is insufficient and if I am to be honest I am forced to admit that if this were a legal case i'd be laughed out of court.

I am not going to "admit the lie", because I was there myself at the time, so although I am forced to admit my lack of proof I will not admit to wrongdoing.

I don't have any special knowledge of your situation, but I wonder if someone could have PMed her with some false "evidence" scapegoating Rossco?  He's a very direct person so when he says he confronted Amy directly and didn't try to organize people to attack you, that fits.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2012, 09:59:11 PM »
This is the whole not following up thing (i think this was the third of the four options i presented you). Smart play Gareth.
Callaway is absolutely right. I am direct and I do not pull punches. I certainly will not be organising others to attack Amy and doing gagged avatars and that kind of bullshit, when the most direct play is going straight at the source.

Furthermore if you DID want to know who was organising all of this it would really come down to two people (if not me) wouldn't it? Think back on who were two of the biggest personalities there at the time. It will be one or the other. It simply was not me.
Ironically most of the people there, even the ones I had fought with, liked me and/or respected me (because i fought fairly and honestly), so I doubt there was any fabricated evidence from another member. IU think it was a convenient lie and smear by Amy.

Callaway is also right. You have spoent a lot of time from the sounds doing your half-hearted investigation when the easiest thing to do would be to ask Amy.

Can we all be completely honest here Gareth?
Can you admit that even were you to exhaust every avenue to finding tht there was no Pm, you would still not admit your wife would lie?
Can you admit that the reason you did this research but not ask her is that she would go "histronic" on you, as Calavera has suggested?"
Can you admit that all I have said, my general personality, the time as it was and your wife's want to get rid of me, and the lack of evidence you can find, really makes it look more than reasonably that i am dead right here?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2012, 07:07:35 AM »
Furthermore if you DID want to know who was organising all of this it would really come down to two people (if not me) wouldn't it? Think back on who were two of the biggest personalities there at the time. It will be one or the other. It simply was not me.

Al is Bloke is Rossco.
He was not a ringleader of the "main" protests, he was off doing his own thing - directly to what was viewed as the root of the problem, to talk it out. Yes, Rossco is blunt, he is direct, he doesn't pull his punches - hell, sometimes he's downright rude; But he's not a weasel. If he's ever going to stab you in the back it'll be to your face, to steal from Firefly.

I'll tell you straight up who the main shitstirrer was - Max the Bear.

This is why I didn't ban Bloke when I knew full well he was Rossco; His ban, like my own, Bardwolfs and a few others, were completely unfair and kneejerk - and in the case of Bardwolf and at least one other, I've undone them.

Max the Bear can eat shit, though.

*Edit*

Also, can we move this somewhere Guests can't see it
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:15:14 AM by Pikajedi3 »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2012, 07:53:50 AM »
Start another thread with the stuff you don't want guests to see.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2012, 09:23:42 AM »

Al is Bloke is Rossco.
He was not a ringleader of the "main" protests, he was off doing his own thing - directly to what was viewed as the root of the problem, to talk it out. Yes, Rossco is blunt, he is direct, he doesn't pull his punches - hell, sometimes he's downright rude; But he's not a weasel. If he's ever going to stab you in the back it'll be to your face, to steal from Firefly.

This is why I didn't ban Bloke when I knew full well he was Rossco; His ban, like my own, Bardwolfs and a few others, were completely unfair and kneejerk - and in the case of Bardwolf and at least one other, I've undone them.

*Edit*

Agreed. He is an arsehole.

Thanks Pikajedi.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2012, 11:17:57 AM »
What compelled you to ban tambo? Have you not heard of freedom of association?

Not that I give two shits about the guy and I don't trust Autism Speaks, i'm simply playing Devil's Advocate.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Gwen

• Part of the Chaos
    • AFF
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2012, 11:32:31 AM »

Al is Bloke is Rossco.

*Edit*

Pikajedi said this to me on MSN too, i'm pretty much forced to go along with it at this point.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2012, 11:36:43 AM »

Al is Bloke is Rossco.

*Edit*

Pikajedi said this to me on MSN too, i'm pretty much forced to go along with it at this point.

Wow. that was kind of unexpected. Well Gareth, you just got karma.

Offline Gwen

• Part of the Chaos
    • AFF
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »
Quote from: the 12 virtues of rationality
The third virtue is lightness. Let the winds of evidence blow you about as though you are a leaf, with no direction of your own. Beware lest you fight a rearguard retreat against the evidence, grudgingly conceding each foot of ground only when forced, feeling cheated. Surrender to the truth as quickly as you can. Do this the instant you realize what you are resisting; the instant you can see from which quarter the winds of evidence are blowing against you. Be faithless to your cause and betray it to a stronger enemy. If you regard evidence as a constraint and seek to free yourself, you sell yourself into the chains of your whims. For you cannot make a true map of a city by sitting in your bedroom with your eyes shut and drawing lines upon paper according to impulse. You must walk through the city and draw lines on paper that correspond to what you see. If, seeing the city unclearly, you think that you can shift a line just a little to the right, just a little to the left, according to your caprice, this is just the same mistake.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2012, 11:43:48 AM »

Al is Bloke is Rossco.

*Edit*

I could move it to the Sin Bin so Gareth could still access it.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2012, 06:23:45 PM »
What compelled you to ban tambo? Have you not heard of freedom of association?

Not that I give two shits about the guy and I don't trust Autism Speaks, i'm simply playing Devil's Advocate.

I would say astroturfing by promoting a organisation he got paid from doesn't quite count and is legit as a bannable offence. The way the articles were worded and presented intentionally gave an illusion of impartiality and popular opinion. Hell, that's why I attacked him. He was trying to play people for chumps.

I know, not my question, but I guess that's kind of why.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.