Author Topic: PeterMacKenzie vs. Bland  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
PeterMacKenzie vs. Bland
« on: April 13, 2006, 05:27:15 AM »
Reposted from http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.html?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=212381#212381

Quote from: Bland
PeterM, I usually do not argue with men in skirts but I will make an exception because I like you so well.
Just because there are similarities between animals or plants doesn't meant that they evolved into or from one another.  I could take a walk in the woods and compare blades of grasses and make up an elaborate explanation based on similarities that one type of grass was the original and it came into existance so many hundred billion years ago and then this type of grass evolved...etc..  (ever so slowly, mind you, because it takes millions of years for the nursery magic to happen) Things do not turn into other things.  There is a far cry between evolution and adaptation.  Creatures were created with adaptations to enable them to live in different environments or under certain circumstances.  They used to say that our tailbone was a vestigal organ.  Okay, then, let's have them surgically removed and see if we miss them. 
Take, for instance, the skulls of different races of humans and compare them to monkeys.  Are you going to say that the human skulls that are more similar to monkeys are less evolved than those that are more different than monkeys?  Dogs? Different breeds of dogs, fish or humans do not prove evolution at all in the same way that different kinds of rocks don't, different colors of hair, etc.  The only way that anyone can make this assertion is if they already believe in the THEORY of evolution and base all of their reasoning upon that BELIEF.

I haven't been paying much attention to the debate here, partly because I've been busy with other things, and partly because it's been kind of meandering around and not going anywhere interesting.   Evolution is something that interests me though, but I don't think this is the best place for a debate about it. 

Would you like to come on over to Intensity?  We can have a one-on-one debate there, no holds barred, no interruptions, no moderation, winner is voted on by the membership and bestows a custom title on the loser.  It's the best chance you'll get for upholding your beliefs in public, and I bet you think I'd look good with 'Rabid Atheist' or something similar as my custom title.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 05:30:26 AM by PeterMacKenzie »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: PeterMacKenzie vs. Bland
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 06:01:41 AM »
Kevv and her are close i think.
maybe he can ask her to meet you here.
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 06:04:18 AM »
I asked her on WP, and also on pearsofwisdom, so she shouldn't have any problems finding us.  I've offered to give her as long as she wants though to take up the challenge; not the usual 48 hours, since she's not a member here. 
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 07:59:03 AM »
From http://pearlsofwisdom.forumup.com/viewtopic.php?p=2602&mforum=pearlsofwisdom#2602:

Quote from: PeterMacKenzie
PeterM wrote: I've wondered about the 'gay' bit too. It doesn't make it terribly clear, but there's a suspicious amount of stuff about 'for those who like hot guys in kilts', though maybe it's a club where they crash bars together and steal all the women.

You have quite an imagination, PeterM.  It's no wonder you believe in evolution  :roll: !  Just teasing you, you're a very nice young man; I hope I'm not pushing my luck!

You're very nice too, but I challenged you to a debate in intensity for your post on WP.  Actually, I was surprised I didn't find you listed in the membership over there.  You'd fit in well.  There's usually a 48 hour time-limit on challenges, but I'll let you take it up whenever you want, if you'd like to take time to settle in over there.

Linky, since Alex is deleting intensity links on WP.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=191.0

Quote from: keven
I have debated Evolution, Intelligent Design, Adaption and whatever to no avail Myself. Peter does it matter where You debated at? The links seem to still be working too.

It does matter.  A debate on WP can go on an on and round and round and never get anywhere, as people come and go and interrupt and wander off on tangents.  On intensity, there's a clear, uninterrupted debate between two parties on a set subject, with a winner declared at the end.  It's an altogether more formal and satisfying method, which encourages people to really take a stand and pit their position against someone else's.

Also, I didn't mean the links had been deleted; just that they could be deleted without warning in the future.

I see. You could have the debate here too? If she willing to debate it?

We could debate it here, if she was willing, but I really would rather do it on Intensity.  I don't think this is the best place for heavy-duty debating; your 'Politics and Religion' forum has 'Please, no fist fights!' tagged under it.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 10:22:12 AM »
There is no tags in the "Politics and Religion" forum has not "Please no fist fights" under it.
Guardian of the Empire

BIG EAMONN!

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 12:04:29 PM »
Bland's an NT, she wont have a fair fight, shed rather play the game like most NT's.

peegai

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 12:22:21 PM »
You don't mean... the NT game!? :o

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 12:28:04 PM »
There is no tags in the "Politics and Religion" forum has not "Please no fist fights" under it.

Bland's an NT, she wont have a fair fight, shed rather play the game like most NT's.

PeterM, Intensity is downright uncivilized!  :shameonyou:  I don't think that the actual rules of debate are upheld over there on the dark side.  :twisted: :lol: :lol:  :lol:
But I do appreciate the offer. You're too kind.  :wink:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 01:14:55 PM »
This is really the icing on the cake. I always thought that woman wrote the most complete load of bollocks I've seen in my entire life; but to see she's into that fucking creationist crap proves she really hasn't any capacity for rational thought... well, almost.  ;)

Now now; let's not dismiss her before the debate is up.  After all; she might beat me!   :D

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 02:45:37 PM »
Reposted from http://pearlsofwisdom.forumup.com/viewtopic.php?p=2618&mforum=pearlsofwisdom#2618

jungle_girl created the forums I never read to closely enough to see it.

We could Peter MacKenzie could create a separate forum for You and Bland to post Your competing ideals and only have jungle_girl and I be the only others ones to be allowed to Moderate it then.

We could Peter MacKenzie could create a separate forum for You and Bland to post Your competing ideals and only have jungle_girl and I be the only others ones to be allowed to Moderate it then.

A debating forum would a nice addition, and such an arrangement would be acceptable to me, if somewhat of a compromise.  We've still to hear definitively from Bland on the matter though.   The only reply I've had so far has been:

PeterM, Intensity is downright uncivilized!  :shameonyou:  I don't think that the actual rules of debate are upheld over there on the dark side.  :twisted: :lol: :lol:  :lol:
But I do appreciate the offer. You're too kind.  :wink:
(http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=212410#212410)

She doesn't sound very serious there.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 07:18:11 PM »
I am not very serious, only because I don't want to tear your little hiny to shreds, PeterM! Twisted Evil

No, seriously, I am enrolled in college and don't have time

I guess that's that then.  I'm kind of dissapointed.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 07:38:31 PM »
how much time does it take to state your opinion?
unless your opinion requires a ton of research to provide the Bullshit necessary to support your claim.

it will take about 20 minutes a day, max.  and besides, if your going to college you are going to have to learn to argue a position.  you do want to get good grades don't you?  this would be a fantastic warmup, for those brainwashing professors.

your argument does not hold water.
Misunderstood.

shima

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 09:22:01 PM »
Can you fight with kev over man skirts -oops- I mean kilts?

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 01:52:21 PM »
I have added a Debate Forum to Pearls of Wisdom.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 01:54:02 PM »
Can you fight with kev over man skirts -oops- I mean kilts?
That not even a fight. :laugh:
Guardian of the Empire