Author Topic: Ask Adam meaningful and philosophical questions  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Ask Adam meaningful and philosophical questions
« on: January 18, 2012, 04:30:50 PM »
You guys know I love nothing more than talking about myself (apart from hot naked women, cats, boobs, cheezburgers, tits, kittens and man united), so ask me something and I will probably answer

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: Ask Adam meaningful and philosophical questions
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 04:40:56 PM »
If Manchester City would win the Premier League this year how would you philosophically feel about it?

(Um, philosophically feel? :zoinks:)
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 04:42:58 PM »
I'd probably die of shame and humiliation

That, or I would immediately try and do something terrible on a very large scale (murderous rampage) in order to get the football off the news so I don't have to endure all the gloating

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 04:50:46 PM »
Ah, that leads me to Q nr. 2.. Do you think there will be riots in Manchester then (when that happens)? Okay, bit rhetorical, but..

Or, when is the last day/will the last games of the Premier League be played?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »
Not sure of the date. It will be 20-somethingth of may

There definitely could be riots lol

I really hope to god the bastards don't win. I don't know how I will cope if they do

It also ruins football to have some rich piece of shit just come in and buy a clun, give them a load of money for new players and then effectively buy their success. City are the latest one, and the one that angers me the most

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 04:53:27 PM »
buy a club, not a clun

Was shit when Abramovitch diid it with chelsea too, but this is so much worse because it's personal lol (for a manc)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 05:13:22 PM »
We have at least 2 clubs that are basically owned by one owner (FC Twente and AZ before).. but I, per se, don't view this as something very bad. Dunno, can be bad but not so bad either in other cases. One good captain on a ship.. (blah²)

I have another question I'm been meaning to ask you about 'transgendery' but..

Well, have to wait.. maybe later.. needs a bit of nuancing/wish not to go blunt or hurt your feelings (maybe)..

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 05:16:49 PM »
nah, don't worry about it

I have had enough shit before to not be bothered by stuff like that anymore :P

it won't hurt my feelins, especially as I know that is not your intention

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 05:55:28 PM »
I have a question I've been wondering about and can't be arsed Googling it.

Can transgender people after surgery truly biologically become like the gender they want to be. Is there ever a difference biologically between someone who's biologically a man from birth and someone who becomes a man after surgery?

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 06:11:47 PM »
* was too late, and haven't read Calavera's post properly, but wrote this to reply a post earlier..

Well, I wondered why you (or others) actually wish to 'harm' your body, having to take 'alien' hormones, undergo some serious surgery and kinda think that when that's 'done' you would feel complete?

I kinda mind the thought that after the change, and only then, you'd feel whole.. your true self. I'm (bluntly) convinced that you can find you without any surgery.

Fuck, wish not to preach but.. I believe acceptance is one of the most powerful strength one can learn to obtain. Accepting your body the way you were born with it, gender-wise I mean, is a greater thing than thinking a radical physical change is going to..

Well.. kinda hope you wait a little before taking any serious steps towards 'transing' and.. try to learn about the implication of the (latin here) word/verb.. acceptare.

?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 06:15:45 PM »
they can look like a "normal" bio guy (altho circumcised) when naked, if you don't inspect them

but there is obviously gonna be some scarring. i'm not 100% sure onthe technicalities about function etc. , but depending on what kind of surgery they have, they can get erections and have "normal" sex, although obviously without ejaculating or impregnating anyone :P

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 06:17:03 PM »
oh christ lol

I'm gonna answer that later, lutra. if that's alright

I'm talking to people (chat) and doing other things at the same time, and a response to that is something that will require my full attention as it will probably be fairly long

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »
ok I can't be arsed writing out a  long reply to this after all. I don't see it as harming my body in any way. And even if I "learned" to accept my body as it is now, I still wouldn't be able to have a reasonable life because of how other people view sex/gender

btw why do you think I should wait to transition? How long do you think people should wait for?

eris

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »
There was always something I wanted to know but it's kinda personal so you dont have to answer me.

I know you just recently told people in your life about being trans. Were you also concealing the fact that you liked women ? Or have you always been open about that.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:02:57 PM by eris »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 03:00:24 PM »
I haven't actually told them whether I like men or women or not, so I dont know even if they know now. But as I'm unlikely to have a relationship, I guess it doesn't matter

I was concealing it before tho yeah, as I didn't want them to think I was a lesbian - a lot of people think being trans is just a sort of extreme-gayness. You'd be surprised how many people are shocked/confused when they find out about a trans person who is also gay lol

But yeah, they didnt know I liked girls, as they obviously thought I was a girlmyself, and statistically a girl is more liekly to like guys :P I'm not sure if they know now.