Author Topic: Do the Ton!!!  (Read 2082 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Do the Ton!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 03:07:17 AM »
It is awesome. I never get the chance to do that here, unfortunately. 130 mph in Sweden equals a hefty fine and a license lost forever.

It's a shame because the Jag can do 155 before the control modules choke the V8.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 12:02:04 PM »
It is awesome. I never get the chance to do that here, unfortunately. 130 mph in Sweden equals a hefty fine and a license lost forever.

It's a shame because the Jag can do 155 before the control modules choke the V8.

I don't think I would lose my license forever here for driving 100 MPH, but the fine would be hefty and if I didn't lose my insurance, the rise in premiums would make the fine look cheap by comparison.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 12:23:59 PM »
Been there done that +, in a beat up GTI with a bad front end and shitty tires full of fix-a-flat.

I miss that car. :'(

Think I've only hit 95 or so in the S10, once or twice on the rare occasion I didn't have the boy with me and there were no cops around.

Scrapheap

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 02:12:36 PM »
I did about 130 mph on my way back from Prague last spring on the Autobahn. There is a nice stretch between Dresden and Berlin.  :headbang2:

:viking:

Scrapheap

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 02:14:09 PM »

:thumbdn:

Where's Lit when you need him to denounce the COWARDLY Swedish Gov??

Scrapheap

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 02:14:59 PM »
I don't think I would lose my license forever here for driving 100 MPH, but the fine would be hefty and if I didn't lose my insurance, the rise in premiums would make the fine look cheap by comparison.

:chicken:

Scrapheap

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 02:16:03 PM »
Been there done that +, in a beat up GTI with a bad front end and shitty tires full of fix-a-flat.

Think I've only hit 95 or so in the S10, once or twice on the rare occasion I didn't have the boy with me and there were no cops around.

:viking:    :headbang2:    :plus:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 04:15:59 PM »

Not literally forever, but it would take a long time for me to get my license back.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2011, 07:01:11 PM »
It is awesome. I never get the chance to do that here, unfortunately. 130 mph in Sweden equals a hefty fine and  a license lost forever.

Not literally forever,  but it would take a long time for me to get my license back.

I really thought you meant forever.  Is that a good sign or a bad sign?   :asthing:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Scrapheap

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2011, 11:36:18 PM »
It is awesome. I never get the chance to do that here, unfortunately. 130 mph in Sweden equals a hefty fine and  a license lost forever.

Not literally forever,  but it would take a long time for me to get my license back.

I really thought you meant forever.  Is that a good sign or a bad sign?   :asthing:

No he just meant sort-of forever instead of forever-forever. HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!!   :dunce:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 12:25:16 AM »

Your membership card is in the mail.

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 07:59:44 AM »

Your membership card is in the mail.

See, Scrap?  I knew it was a good thing!  Here's a sign for you! ----->  :fingers:  :green:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 09:19:11 AM »

The 150 km/h I did in a nearly 20 yo Audi 80. Car did feel just as stable at that speed as at 80 km/h.

Going 120 km/h in the Renault 19 couple of years before that was way more exciting.  :laugh:
It gave me the feeling that the only structural integrity of the car was located in the driver.  :yarly:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »

The 150 km/h I did in a nearly 20 yo Audi 80. Car did feel just as stable at that speed as at 80 km/h.

Going 120 km/h in the Renault 19 couple of years before that was way more exciting.  :laugh:
It gave me the feeling that the only structural integrity of the car was located in the driver.  :yarly:

I think the level of excitement definitely escalates when the car shakes so bad it feels like the wheels are going to come off. :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2011, 11:32:34 AM »
I pushed a Volvo V70 to 180 kmh on the Autobahn but that felt unsafe. I worried about the car but most of all about the tyres. Trusting the car is important.

- Albert Einstein