Educational

Author Topic: religious freedom Vs ...everyone else's freedom  (Read 1262 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: religious freedom Vs ...everyone else's freedom
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 06:55:24 PM »
A little up skirt
Misunderstood.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 09:15:35 PM »
I agree with this. Locking him up makes him a martyr to his supporters. By silencing him, it allows his supporters to claim that the authorities are hiding the truth.

The best way to deal with people like that is to let them speak, and to disprove his claims.

There are valid points to not locking them up for these sorts of issues, but disproving the claims they make cannot really be done as their claims are unfalsifiable as any conspiracy theory claim usually is.

Reason why I, in one sense, I'm with disciplining conspiracy theorists is that they often always spout these nonsense for their own selfish egotistical purposes (being inconsiderate of real victims and people who are actually innocent) and not because they have a real sense of justice for the sake of the country or the world.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 09:43:06 PM »
"Disciplining" paranoia isn't going to do shit. It's a brain abnormality or genetic defect.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »
I agree with this. Locking him up makes him a martyr to his supporters. By silencing him, it allows his supporters to claim that the authorities are hiding the truth.

The best way to deal with people like that is to let them speak, and to disprove his claims.

There are valid points to not locking them up for these sorts of issues, but disproving the claims they make cannot really be done as their claims are unfalsifiable as any conspiracy theory claim usually is.

Reason why I, in one sense, I'm with disciplining conspiracy theorists is that they often always spout these nonsense for their own selfish egotistical purposes (being inconsiderate of real victims and people who are actually innocent) and not because they have a real sense of justice for the sake of the country or the world.

I don't know a huge ammount about the holocaust. TBH I've always found documentaries on the subject a bit stomache churning.
I would have assumed that the rough number of people killed by the Nazis could have been worked out.

If there is no way of proving the numbers of people killed, then is it possible that the official estimates are wrong?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 10:22:07 PM »
I've been reading about that christian slag who's been fired from Macy's for refusing to let a trans woman use the women's changing rooms.

Apparently it is Macy's policy to let trans people use whichever one they identify as, but this woman thinks it violates her religious freedom, as apparently transgendered people don't exist lol

So what do you guys think? Should she have been fired? Should the store's policy be different? etc etc

Haha funny shit. Glad she was fired
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 02:01:41 AM »
"Disciplining" paranoia isn't going to do shit. It's a brain abnormality or genetic defect.

Not necessarily.

It could also be due to personal experiences. There are quite some otherwise normal people who believe in conspiracy theories and deny the Holocaust and such.

It's a lot about education and intellectual integrity.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2012, 02:07:27 AM »

I don't know a huge ammount about the holocaust. TBH I've always found documentaries on the subject a bit stomache churning.
I would have assumed that the rough number of people killed by the Nazis could have been worked out.

If there is no way of proving the numbers of people killed, then is it possible that the official estimates are wrong?

Only possible in the sense that it is possible that you might not be the person you make yourself out to be even if you were to post pictures of yourself and post YouTube videos and such. Or even if I were to meet in real life the person claiming to be Butterflies here. If I don't want to believe you're Butterflies, I may never be convinced by any evidence that you are.

That's how it is with Holocaust denialists. You can point them to all the evidence you want, but you can't prove the Holocaust happened.

There's a difference between proof and evidence. Evidence (no matter how strong) doesn't necessarily always point you to the facts and truths.

We do have strong evidence either way. For criticism of Holocaust denial, check this Wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Holocaust_denial