Author Topic: The Importance of Being Jack  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: The Importance of Being Jack
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 01:31:28 AM »
 :( :( :(

You're one of the most nicest, rational and most corteous people on this board and there is absolutely nothing you have to feel guilty for. Occasionally I feel similar to you in that I think I'm a toxic person, a ruiner who injects poison into everything I'm a part of. But I can tell you, you are NONE of those things.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 02:37:50 AM »
Jack,

It takes a lot to take this site down. Pyraxis said it all and far better than I feel able to, right now, but there is no way you'd be able to do that. I think you are a positive force in the communities where you participate and I find it impossible to believe you could bring down this place, or that you were responsible for zOMG's demise. The explanation for the latter is probably a lot simpler than that from what I have gathered from Adam.

I think you have this whole thing wrong. I realise you feel guilty, but it is completely undeserved and you'd be sorely missed if you left. I know I would.

That said, people sometimes fuck up. I know I do, and I know I have hurt people I care about online, but I doubt anything would be better by me leaving. I try to learn from my mistakes and move on, and if I can do it, I know you can.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 05:34:37 AM »
Adam made no such decision.

Ah, shit, wait. I thought you knew. I did make the decision to shut down zomg. About a month or so later, the host removed it as well (for "adult content" lol). I don't know if that was as a direct consequence of your report, but I doubt it. Either way it would have made no difference as I wouldn't have brought the site back afterwards. I might have considered it at the time, but with hindsight I can say I wouldn't have done

I dunno if you were around when Flake was attacking the site, but iirc he tried to report the place shitloads of times too, and nothing happened from it. I reckon unless someone reports cp, then they don't take it too seriously .

Regardless, whether you'd sent the report or not, I still would have shut down the site when I did. I'm genuinely sorry for the person who really did get a lot out of the place at the time, but it needed to end. It ran its course and went to shit long before I shut it down. I could name a few people who possibly contributed to that, including myself (for neglecting it towards the end), but I wouldn't include you in that list.

I don't think you are in any way responsible for the end of zomg, and I should know.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 05:37:57 AM by Adam »

Offline PuppetSockPenguin

• Superlurker of the penguin elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • experience is memory is experience is
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2011, 06:53:46 AM »
Add me to the list of people who don't see you as detrimental.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2011, 07:18:08 AM »
I won't think it lame of you if you say you are leaving and then decide to stay. :) Not lame at all. I think you have added quality to Intensity. You have unique views on things. You post in a way that makes me think and I like that, it keeps my mind from circulating around the same old stuff.

Wondering what your interests are outside of forums, do you work, study, volunteer or something else. I couldn't gauge what your interests were before as you seem to know a lot about a wide range of topics.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2011, 07:19:28 AM »
:agreed: Stick around.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2011, 07:23:02 AM »
I won't think it lame of you if you say you are leaving and then decide to stay. :) Not lame at all. I think you have added quality to Intensity. You have unique views on things. You post in a way that makes me think and I like that, it keeps my mind from circulating around the same old stuff.

Wondering what your interests are outside of forums, do you work, study, volunteer or something else. I couldn't gauge what your interests were before as you seem to know a lot about a wide range of topics.

I wouldn't think it lame either.  Sometimes we post stuff in moments of extreme angst and
 then see things differently when we are calmer, or when we have more information,
 such as the post Adam just made today.  I hope Jack decides to stay.  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2011, 08:15:21 AM »
I am guessing someone else has already said:

If you leave you arent learning from your life experiences....you are just running away......again        :)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2011, 08:43:29 AM »
Not lame at all.   I think the purpose of the seven days is to think about things.

Not one person here,  who posts regular,  wants you to go.  Therefore,  the only reason for you to go is if you really don't like it here, don't like us, or some of us!  Logic should win here.   Logic says stay.

It matters not if you are Jack, Clare, Tom, Dick, or Harry.  (more Dick's should become members though :zoinks:)

Anyway,  use the days to think it over.  You fit in well here. 

Also, you might join somewhere else and not fit so well.  That could lead to you not posting.  We all know not posting could lead to a certain kind of madness.  A madness that compels you to talk to strange people on buses etc.  hell yeah it's a public safety issue.... :hahaha:

Stay.
blah blah blah

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2011, 09:06:31 AM »
Not one person here,  who posts regular,  wants you to go.

Think so too.. and hope Jack stays around to post on I². And I wish Eris to return too. Calavera.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
Hope you reconsider this Jack. You'd be missed. :(

Scrapheap

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2011, 01:02:22 PM »
Hope you reconsider this Jack. You'd be missed. :(

^ This.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2011, 02:41:01 PM »
Not one person here,  who posts regular,  wants you to go.

Think so too.. and hope Jack stays around to post on I². And I wish Eris to return too. Calavera.
Yes definitely.  Come back eris and calavera!

or else...

....i'm going to sing!
blah blah blah

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2011, 03:19:29 PM »
^ Ja.. and I'm going to dance to Bodaccea's song.. :celebrate:

Nah, but seriously.. feel a bit sad about nice folk leaving I². Plus here I don't understand as of why ,really, also. (but that's probably me missing out on stuff/things that happened earlier)
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2011, 03:33:45 PM »
The first time I tried to leave wrongplanet, was from a moment of realization, in reading a thread about the undiagnosed. Important points were made concerning the possible damage in misrepresenting the spectrum, in a place so many come to seek knowledge. Damage, no matter how well intentioned is still damaged, so I agreed. However, my need to be there didn't leave, so I just stopped talking about myself, stopped talking about autism, made myself comfy in the depths of PPR, and otherwise lurked.
  I have probably read that wrong,  but are you saying you are not autistic?   or just 'undiagnosed'?

probably me,  but the way you said about meeting an autistic woman,  just thought you would have said 'another' or 'fellow' autistic instead.  it don't matter anyway.

haha btw just read about lutra dancing to my singing -  you have to move legs only as hands will be placed firmly over ears lutra!
blah blah blah