Author Topic: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.  (Read 14330 times)

Binty

Re: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 11:54:56 AM »
People come and go.  It's the very nature of the place and of life in general.  You just have to get used to it.

It is a shame that one cannot fully open up here, without having that information used against them at a later point but shit happens, I guess.  It's the way this place has always been and to say that this has only arisen now, is a big fat lie.  As long as you don't come here with grand expectations of a warm and open community that will embrace your faults and cheer you on when you're down, I don't see the problem  ???  (This isn't supposed to be a criticism, just an acknowledgement that I2 isn't and never was a support site.)

I use this place as an escape from daily life and a way to communicate with a bunch of people who know how it feels life to be awkward and spazzy in real life.  'Tis probably one of the few online places where I can freely joke about my lack of a social life and not be met with complete derision :laugh:

Anyway, most of what I'm writing will probably fall on deaf ears so I'll stop now.

/steps off podium

Osensitive1

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 11:57:25 AM »
Have no idea what the site used to be like, except there was voting and rules and admin changes. Wouldn't have joined if that were still the case.

Osensitive1

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 12:00:13 PM »
It is a shame that one cannot fully open up here, without having that information used against them at a later point but shit happens, I guess. 
That's not a special trait of I2; that's people, so really don't mind that part at all because it's expected.

Osensitive1

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 12:16:21 PM »
(This isn't supposed to be a criticism, just an acknowledgement that I2 isn't and never was a support site.)
Was thinking about this more, and have to disagree. There certainly is support here, and know some also make the close connections hubert mentioned. It is kind of sad if somone seeks that here and doesn't get it at all.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 12:24:59 PM »

People come and go.  It's the very nature of the place and of life in general.  You just have to get used to it.

It is a shame that one cannot fully open up here, without having that information used against them at a later point but shit happens, I guess.  It's the way this place has always been and to say that this has only arisen now, is a big fat lie.  As long as you don't come here with grand expectations of a warm and open community that will embrace your faults and cheer you on when you're down, I don't see the problem  ???  (This isn't supposed to be a criticism, just an acknowledgement that I2 isn't and never was a support site.)

I use this place as an escape from daily life and a way to communicate with a bunch of people who know how it feels life to be awkward and spazzy in real life.  'Tis probably one of the few online places where I can freely joke about my lack of a social life and not be met with complete derision :laugh:

Anyway, most of what I'm writing will probably fall on deaf ears so I'll stop now.

/steps off podium

I do agree with you on this, but there seems to be a bit of a pack mentality here as of late.

Binty

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 12:27:31 PM »
(This isn't supposed to be a criticism, just an acknowledgement that I2 isn't and never was a support site.)
Was thinking about this more, and have to disagree. There certainly is support here, and know some also make the close connections hubert mentioned. It is kind of sad if somone seeks that here and doesn't get it at all.

I politely disagree.

Osensitive1

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 12:31:02 PM »
I do agree with you on this, but there seems to be a bit of a pack mentality here as of late.
Never really know what to think when the pack mentality thing comes up. Some say pack; some say individuals with the same grief. Did you see the Steve thing as a pack? A couple of the members of that pack have left, so can't help but maybe say no from my own view.

Osensitive1

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 12:31:38 PM »

I politely disagree.
You think there's no real friedships or genuine support here?

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 12:38:04 PM »

I politely disagree.
not for everyone :)

Binty

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 12:42:11 PM »

I politely disagree.

I didn't say that. 

Osensitive1

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 12:49:11 PM »
I said there's support and personal connections here and you disagreed. Maybe just misunderstanding what you disagree.

Osensitive1

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 12:50:33 PM »

I politely disagree.
That's true. Some also don't seek it, which is true of me.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 12:57:52 PM »

Never really know what to think when the pack mentality thing comes up. Some say pack; some say individuals with the same grief. Did you see the Steve thing as a pack? A couple of the members of that pack have left, so can't help but maybe say no from my own view.

Honestly, I did think the Steve thing was pack mentality. Not at first, but it escalated into it.

I politely disagree.

There absolutely is, but that isn't the site's purpose. The friendships and support is from people sharing their personal experiences, and that is less likely to happen when people feel those details will be used against them.

Binty

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 01:00:47 PM »
I didn't see it as pack mentality, at least not from my side.  I have disliked TCO since 2009 and have been pretty open about it :laugh:

Psychophant

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 01:02:36 PM »

I politely disagree.
That's true. Some also don't seek it, which is true of me.

Same here, I have a bunch of good friends irl.  And my ambulance crew is pretty tight.  But, I feel pretty friendly and appreciate the support I got when my ribs got broken.   And I can understand when MLA and others called me out for being arrogant.  Other then that, I don't expect much here, except to understand myself a little better and to figure out wtf I'm doing.   :autism: