Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 118328 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 05:44:43 PM »
Found out my sister shall be hopefully discharged from hospital in the next month.  :2thumbsup:
The poor thing, she's been in there for many months :/

that is good news.  Perhaps in time for the holidays?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »
Found out my sister shall be hopefully discharged from hospital in the next month.  :2thumbsup:

We hope so. Her medical team suggested perhaps around the 7th of December but to be honest I expect that to be postponed.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2011, 06:57:35 PM »
Had a result with one of the dogs today. :doggie:
blah blah blah

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 08:38:28 PM »

You would not believe the images that are going through my mind.  Or maybe you would.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 08:39:26 PM »
The Princess Royal overcame her loneliness at having such a small family (just the 3 of us) and ate Thanksgiving dinner with us.  A nice time was had by all.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2011, 03:22:47 AM »
We hope so. Her medical team suggested perhaps around the 7th of December but to be honest I expect that to be postponed.
What is she in there for? Sounds serious. Do you have just the one sister?

I had my last exam today, was really hard and I am glad it is over.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2011, 01:11:42 AM »
Dude from PoF invited me to some music festival after-party in two weeks. I already know exactly what I'm gonna wear :cheer:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2011, 03:31:20 AM »

You would not believe the images that are going through my mind.  Or maybe you would.

Mine too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2011, 11:15:03 AM »

Mine too.

It's true then.  Dirty Great minds think alike.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2011, 03:08:43 PM »

Mine too.

:hahaha:  I work, train, and show American Bulldogs.  It was related to a bitch i have been training here called Amy who is very dominant and wants to fight anything in her way of becoming the alpha female.  She is fine with dogs,  i just have to separate her from other bitches.

The success i had referred to was that day i actually managed to walk her past one of my other bitches and she didn't kick off, growl, bark, or try to pull me.  It is a work in progress,  and although i know i will never leave her with my other girls for any length of time,  i hope to be able to have her focused enough to walk by without a lead.

I only mentioned it as she has been really stubborn.  I almost 'gave up' with her,  never had to work so hard to get even this limited result.

So,  i was chuffed,  a bit like a dog with two cocks!  hence the post.  You lot are smutty :zoinks:
blah blah blah

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2011, 03:13:12 PM »
Didn't have to work and I got a lot done around the yard.  I also had a really big fire outside
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 03:49:21 PM by parts »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »
:hahaha:  I work, train, and show American Bulldogs.  It was related to a bitch i have been training here called Amy who is very dominant and wants to fight anything in her way of becoming the alpha female.  She is fine with dogs,  i just have to separate her from other bitches.

The success i had referred to was that day i actually managed to walk her past one of my other bitches and she didn't kick off, growl, bark, or try to pull me.  It is a work in progress,  and although i know i will never leave her with my other girls for any length of time,  i hope to be able to have her focused enough to walk by without a lead.

I only mentioned it as she has been really stubborn.  I almost 'gave up' with her,  never had to work so hard to get even this limited result.

So,  i was chuffed,  a bit like a dog with two cocks!  hence the post.  You lot are smutty :zoinks:

Interesting and very cool. Does that mean if we have dog training questions, we can send them your way? What worked to get her calmer/focused?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »

Mine too.

But of course. Now watch Bodie try getting out of this one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2011, 06:16:38 PM »

Interesting and very cool. Does that mean if we have dog training questions, we can send them your way? What worked to get her calmer/focused?
Yes i would be happy to talk 'dog' until the cows come home.

It's all reward based.  Sometimes i use a clicker,  but i tried this with her and she didn't get it.  Had to really think this one through...

When dogs are in a 'pack' scenario you might expect a bit of trouble to start with - while they sort out their positions.  Once top dog is established they usually sort themselves no problem.  A dog right at the bottom of the pecking order can still be happy once they know their place.  Trouble might occur if a dog shows weakness and the one behind tries to take it's place.  Amy is definitely top dog but was unusual because she would try and take out the next one in line.  She would make a 'b' line for her.

She also quite obviously forgot that actually i am top dog!  I only have four here at the moment and they all respond to my commands, but Amy had a selective deafness.

It is hard to explain briefly, so apologies for my essay.  Anyway i decided to 'lead from the top' and this meant re-establishing our positions (me and amy)  I should just explain that the dogs are all housed seperately,  but they can all see each other.  They have a waterproof igloo inside a 16ft chain mesh run which is roofed to about 12ft  ( i say this because people somehow think it cruel to keep dogs outside so i like to point out that they are only exposed to the elements if and when they choose to be )  Anyway i decided to move Amy away from the block, totally.  She went in solitary and could not even see the others.  I did this knowing how 'social' they are, but i substituted their company for mine.  I have not been able to devote so much time in ages due to having my own little one,  but he started school in September so i have been spending much of my day with her.  Basically i have been 'fun' for three weeks, also she has to do some basic commands every time i go in there,  and i praise her lots and always have some cheese on me for rewards.  Gradually i got her to walk past the kennels, using the cheese, and praise.  Then got closer and closer until today she walked past the number two dog who was freely in the garden. :thumbup:

Fucking hell i have written a book!

Anyway,  here are the players

This is 'top dog' Amy.

This is bella (a.k.a.  Izzy/ Isabella) she is number two

Number three...this is  Star.  Named 'Lone Star' as she was the only surviving pup in a whole litter.

Last but not least  meet Dixie,  who is still just a baby.

I am considering moving her back to her old kennel, if not tomorrow sometime next week.  I have my fingers crossed.
blah blah blah

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2011, 10:34:27 PM »
Dad and stepma came around and helped me do my garden. Now I haz pritty flowerz :cheer: