Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 118927 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #6360 on: October 16, 2017, 08:59:19 AM »
Yes I'm in the UK.
:dog:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6361 on: October 16, 2017, 10:07:17 AM »
A cinema tech friend of mine texted me, wondering if I still wanted a Dolby CP45 processor. He had one in his boot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6362 on: October 16, 2017, 10:30:12 AM »
Ah, I had assumed that they would be wise to that and refuse to hand over the gift-money for joining if one were to say, join one, close it the day after and move on to the next. Its just the sort of thing, although not benefitting them given that it is, per person a one-time offer, they would do out of spite.

And banks seem to specialize in spite to the point of making it a fine art. Telling somebody to use the checks they have first before issuing a new checkbook (after the many promises of sending a new book out in the mail straight away) that the fact that some unknown corrosive burnt through a half inch of wooden dresser shelf before continuing on to hit about 1/3 of the surface area of the checkbook and reducing the parts contacted to swollen, whitish-grey material which crumbled away to powder when touched was not a good enough reason to give a new checkbook and to use the ones left [whatever it was that did the damage left only parts of checks, those areas which were missed by whatever disintegrated the shelf above and did a fair job of eating into the one the checkbook was on after chewing that up, and no shop or internet vendor on earth is going to accept a few fragments of check and a pinch of irritating, burning off-white dust in payment, so 'use them up' is hardly advice that can be followed, is it now. Granted it isn't a particularly common reason to need a new one, but all the same, destroyed is destroyed, its the end rather than the means that matters, no?)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6363 on: October 16, 2017, 05:35:18 PM »
Got paid cash for the job I just finished
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #6364 on: October 16, 2017, 05:48:45 PM »
Got paid cash for the job I just finished

May I have some cash?  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6365 on: October 17, 2017, 12:11:43 AM »
Theres at least one that offers something like 3%, and IIRC gives you £100 for switching banks to them. And no matter what, I can't get much worse than these bastards, they are liars and penny-pinching cunts. Christ, I've even been lied to (three, maybe four times) about them sending out a new checkbook. I don't use checks very often at all, but I needed (and still do) a new checkbook for the odd foreign place that doesn't have paypal or visa debit facilities, such as one  ethnobotanicals store specializing in african Ubulawu supplies and since I can't login to one of my payment-processor go-throughs I can't order from them until I get a new checkbook.

And the reason for needing a new one is..unusual to say the least. Something melted through a dresser, through the top and carried on burning through the checkbook until not one was usable and they had been turned to dust. I don't know what or when exactly but whatever it was goes through several inches of wood and keeps on going, like the acidic blood of the creatures in the 'alien' series of movies/books and the moment the checkbook was picked up it partially disintegrated, and the rest was all powdery and puffed-up.

Every time its been 'we'll send you a new one right away' and never have I got one, I'm still without one.
I have a cheque account but I have never used a cheque book. All just cash and EFTPOS. My pension goes straight into my account each fortnight and I pay most of my bills on the internet.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6366 on: October 17, 2017, 12:54:26 AM »
Aside from food shopping then most of my spending is online.  I very rarely used checks, its solely for such places as its the only practical way to pay (since my shite eating bunch of fucktards that call themselves the staff of my socalled 'bank' refuses to do bank transfers, within this country or to anywhere else).

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6367 on: October 22, 2017, 05:06:29 PM »
My street hosted a get together so we could meet everyone. Never expected this, living in the country but it turned out being so much fun. Some of the original home owners/farmers came out and they're all nearing 100. A good mix of ages. From young familes, to middle aged, to elderly. Good food, good drinks, good time.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6368 on: October 23, 2017, 02:13:09 AM »
Found a site that deals in nootropics, and I've been wanting to restart a nootropic stack. Tried a few of the 'racetams with helpful results on my now awful memory loss and lack of energy, piracetam, aniracetam and the best of the lot, that I've tried so far, pramiracetam, although its expensive. Thinking I might order some modafinil or one of its analogs, noopept looks interesting, and I'd really like to (at separate times) compare selank and semax, a pair of peptidic nootropics that work via modulation of the stress hormone response (one is a modified portion of ACTH, the other a modified tuftsin derivative, can't be taken orally seeing as they are peptides, but work either via nasal spray, or better, subcutaneous injection) and the really interesting thing is they offer a few real unusual nootropics, such as the AMPAkine IDRA-21 and NSI-189

http://www.smarternootropics.com/nsi-189/

Wouldn't mind restocking some pramiracetam, and giving coluracetam and phenylpiracetam a try too.

Typically, I'll use an amphetamine of some kind (in therapeutic doses, or somewhat above, not enough to get smashed, just enough when something must be done and I can't find the energy to move (sometimes Its so bad I can't summon the energy and drive to go and get a drink even, until in the ravenings of thirst, and even then, have drunk neat, undiluted lime cordial just because I can't physically get up, and that was close by)

But it isn't that sort of thing I want really. I don't just want either a recreational and reinforcing drug to serve the purpose, but something that'll actually help fix the deficit itself rather than just giving me a shove in the right direction on a temporary basis. And FINALLY found a source of memantine, I've tried it before and the stuff worked like magic, made all the memory, attentional, motivation etc. energy problems just disappear.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:32:08 AM by Lestat »

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #6369 on: October 26, 2017, 05:10:23 AM »
Didn't die.  :asthing:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6370 on: October 26, 2017, 06:54:26 AM »
Didn't die.  :asthing:
Well done sir, well done!  ;)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6371 on: October 26, 2017, 10:06:06 AM »
Finally got a good start on a 9th step amends to PA this morning.  Problem was I was half asleep, so I don't remember all of it.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6372 on: October 26, 2017, 05:13:11 PM »
One of the pups visited monkeygirls school today. She was a huge hit with both kids and staff.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6373 on: October 26, 2017, 10:47:00 PM »
What is a 9th step amends?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6374 on: October 27, 2017, 12:17:18 PM »
What is a 9th step amends?

In Twelve Step groups the eight step is
"Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all."

Step Nine is
"Made direct amends wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others."
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: