Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 118353 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #4755 on: March 09, 2016, 08:41:35 AM »
numbers finally went up. 9.3 as opposed to the 7.3 to 7.8  that it's been for the past few months. i have arrived at marginal.
:plus:
thanks. it was hard work, eating a lot of things i would not ordinarily eat. lots of beef and liver and beets. also had to carefully measure how much exercise so to build instead of lose heme. 12.1 is at the low end of normal for hemoglobin, but at this point i am not considered to be in danger anymore.

Excellent!  If steak is not enough, eat larger game.  :mastodon:
they do have bison here but it's expensive. We could go to Nunavit where there might be some frozen mammoth, but i would use up a lot of calories digging it up. and then of course the science police would not let me eat it. Py doesn't allow anything over 3 days old.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4756 on: March 09, 2016, 08:45:13 AM »
set the computer upright (it's been on its side as long as i have used it) and now the hard drive works.
of course i am making a backup.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4757 on: March 09, 2016, 09:01:15 AM »
numbers finally went up. 9.3 as opposed to the 7.3 to 7.8  that it's been for the past few months. i have arrived at marginal.
thanks. it was hard work, eating a lot of things i would not ordinarily eat. lots of beef and liver and beets. also had to carefully measure how much exercise so to build instead of lose heme. 12.1 is at the low end of normal for hemoglobin, but at this point i am not considered to be in danger anymore.

they do have bison here but it's expensive. We could go to Nunavit where there might be some frozen mammoth, but i would use up a lot of calories digging it up. and then of course the science police would not let me eat it. Py doesn't allow anything over 3 days old.
:lol1:Best reason for not eating mammoth.

Though, properly frozen, shouldn't it be OK?  :nerdy:

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #4758 on: March 09, 2016, 09:08:14 AM »

I remember reading something about explorers trying to eat mammoth meat that had been frozen for thousands of years.  If I remember correctly the stench was horrible and only their sled dogs could eat it.  Talk about the ultimate in freezer burn!   :o
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4759 on: March 09, 2016, 09:58:21 AM »

I remember reading something about explorers trying to eat mammoth meat that had been frozen for thousands of years.  If I remember correctly the stench was horrible and only their sled dogs could eat it.  Talk about the ultimate in freezer burn!   :o

Frozen to a crisp.  :green:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4760 on: March 09, 2016, 01:09:06 PM »
Made a delicious and satisfying creamy wild rice soup with some chopped up chicken meat!!    8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4761 on: March 09, 2016, 02:37:53 PM »
I had coffee. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4762 on: March 10, 2016, 10:14:29 AM »
  I've been studying Bryan Cranston's bald skull in Breaking Bad reruns.
  I think he has persistent frontal suture/metopic suture/THE RIDGE.
  Just like meeeeee.  :heart:

"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4763 on: March 10, 2016, 03:40:06 PM »
Met with friends at the pub.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4764 on: March 13, 2016, 10:28:40 AM »
Shopped and did some lifting, felt no discomfort in the abdominal region where the surgeon went.   8)

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #4765 on: March 13, 2016, 08:02:20 PM »
Didn't die, which is always good  :zoinks:

That seems to be what I post in here for the most part, which brings me to a rather glum thought. When I go, hopefully like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h94TFALQ3W8

There's a chance that this site will still exist, as there will always be spazzes like us in the world  :autism:

There'll be a day where I come back and visit the site as a spoopy internet ghost :boo: and post the words "didn't get exorcised" or some shit. Whatever spoopy internet ghosts post on the internet.

Or maybe I'll never die. Maybe I'll be one of those cunts who gets their brain uploaded into a robotic body... and then ends up destroying or enslaving humanity as part of an inevitable cyborg/robot uprising.

It's already begun: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/artificial-intelligence-system-found-to-be-as-clever-as-a-young-child-after-taking-verbal-iq-test-a6684811.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11712513/Robot-kills-man-at-Volkswagen-plant-in-Germany.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcNXq5DUZnk

It's always been a dream of many men and women that one day, humanity will live in harmony. Despite differences of race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, nationality and whatnot humanity will live side by side....

In concentration camps run by our robotic overlords :borg:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 08:11:43 PM by Some_Bloke »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4766 on: March 13, 2016, 08:13:44 PM »
"didn't get exorcised" or some shit.

:lol1:   :plus:
:gopher:

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #4767 on: March 13, 2016, 08:18:21 PM »

Spoopy ghost me :boo: makes posts on the internet and tickles people. Scary robot me is basically Hitler :hitler: and current me is a cross between the 11th Doctor, Hodor from Game of Thrones, a really tall Leprechaun and Raj from The Big Bang Theory.  :autism:

For the sake of argument, we'll name current me the super duper autism one.  :asthing:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4768 on: March 13, 2016, 08:23:21 PM »

Spoopy ghost me :boo: makes posts on the internet and tickles people. Scary robot me is basically Hitler :hitler: and current me is a cross between the 11th Doctor, Hodor from Game of Thrones, a really tall Leprechaun and Raj from The Big Bang Theory.  :autism:

For the sake of argument, we'll name current me the super duper autism one.  :asthing:

Scary robot me has a name too, so that makes complete sense to freaky gopher me.  :2thumbsup:
:gopher:

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #4769 on: March 13, 2016, 08:44:07 PM »

Scary robot me has a name too, so that makes complete sense to freaky gopher me.  :2thumbsup:

The best way to solve this is a Doctor Who episode where the two possible future mes travel back in time, with the Scary robot me using Skynet technology and the Spoopy Ghost me using Spoopy Ghost powers and each one is trying to make sure that I get to that future...Or some shit.

Hey, it'd be a better episode than In the Forest of the Night. That was the worst episode in series 8, which in itself wasn't a very good season at all.

Series 9 on the other hand...Bugger me sideways. What a great season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvGND1i6Dj0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG_ZrvyQEHM