Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 145053 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #8265 on: April 28, 2022, 07:29:37 PM »
^ That's good (the part about you being well, that is).

Good things happened yesterday but I didn't write about them last night. I now have cordial, huzzah! We don't have to wear masks at work from today, huzzah!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #8266 on: April 28, 2022, 07:42:12 PM »
For our anniversary, and at my request, Carla bought me a taco holder/baker made of stainless steel.  I've been searching stores for them to use with pita pockets and turkey oven sandwiches.  So today I made turkey oven sandwiches in pita pockets and it was a success...BIG TIME.  Carla found them on amazon.  My previous problems have always been leaning them against the sides of bread pans and having them fall over or clumsily trying to fill them as I went along.  The holders held the pita pockets very well and I could fill them with little effort and they stood up perfectly as they were packed and baked.  YUM  Easy clean up too.  I love it when a plan comes together with less mess and stress.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8267 on: April 29, 2022, 07:32:45 AM »
Happy anniversaries, DirtDawg and rock hound. :heart:

It's hard to believe that Kayleigh and I have been married for 15 years.
Thank You.

Fifteen is also a really BIG number.

Congrats to you as well.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8268 on: April 29, 2022, 07:41:45 AM »

So I'm not the only one that tries to sneak out after my shift is about to be over?

.....I am a bull in a china shop when it comes to my shift ending and I will run over anybody who gets between me and the exit door.  And I can tell you honestly, I really have to restrain myself from the urge to choke slam any body who works there who gets in my way.  Especially those who work on the night shift.

Happy anniversaries, DirtDawg and rock hound. :heart:

It's hard to believe that Kayleigh and I have been married for 15 years.
^_^ congratulations!!!!!
Thanks, G.

BTW, it is also a part of your job to GO when your shift is over. Getting past all who want to do one last, often after you have already clocked out, is just another annoying part of the job.

Trying to be prompt and somewhat graceful as you socialize your way out the door can take too much time when thumbing your nose at a horrible day.
Start with the thumbing of the nose maybe?

:lol1:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8269 on: April 29, 2022, 10:12:29 AM »
Waiting for my son to complete his job interview, I stopped at the Locals Market, all Indiana, all the time, food and goods market.

Bought some brats and some Amish hard "extra sharp" white variety cheddar cheese. Tasted before purchase and WOW, it is almost crumbly, like a high quality parmesian, but flavor that is so over the top!
I bought four pounds.

Having a grilled cheese for lunch, SOON!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 10:40:16 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8270 on: April 29, 2022, 10:49:45 AM »
Stayed fine and frisky for another day.

Sitting at my desk being ignored by colleagues every day has its perks :zoinks:

Perks?

Understatement of the month, I'd say! That adds up to a better day than yesterday quite often

Hope your dodgy leadership can keep their positive asses home for a while longer. Bastards!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 10:51:29 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8271 on: April 30, 2022, 12:56:12 PM »
Played golf with my doctor friend. We're both horrible players but our rounds are relaxing and full of word games and misdirected commentary.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #8272 on: April 30, 2022, 02:30:58 PM »
Basically learned that Cheat Days are a thing  :o

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8273 on: April 30, 2022, 09:13:02 PM »
Survived a full shift at walmart, no thanks to the "gods of upper mgmt."
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8274 on: May 05, 2022, 09:05:30 AM »
The covid threat at work is easing.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8275 on: May 05, 2022, 10:55:44 AM »
A great weather day and Carla doesn't have to in to work for a half day!   8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8276 on: May 05, 2022, 02:57:59 PM »
Rainy, but my kids and I went to three antique shops, today.

Interestingly, they both bought something for the other one. I am proud!

I did not buy anything except for myself. Thought many times, "My sweet wife would love that!"  and scoffed at the pricing. I only bought a few Deutsche Grammophon albums.
I guess that makes me the heel.

Now I feel I owe her some chocolate, even though she does not know anything about this day. She likes chocolate, but the good kind is what she really likes. Not something from the drug store or anything.
I'll have to go back to the Indiana Shop and get her some Amish chocolate butter fudge, soon.
I'll get some for everyone.
 :2thumbsup:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 02:59:42 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8277 on: May 05, 2022, 04:40:30 PM »
Taco night. :woohoo: We have taco night twice per month, so it was totally coincidental this taco night fell on Cinco de Mayo but it was still awesome.  :2thumbsup:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8278 on: May 06, 2022, 06:41:57 PM »
It seems like my son has a job again.
Starting soon.

He has been without employment since October. It's been a long time coming, but the hard times might be over for him.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8279 on: May 16, 2022, 02:52:05 PM »
Oddest thing has been going on at my wife's work.

She works for UPS and does Air, Overnight, Dropboxes and such as businesses close for the day. Businesses often have last minute Ground shipments that she picks up along with the Overnight parcels.
Doesn't seem like much of a difference to us normal people, but to The Union, Ground Drivers get paid a bit more than Air Drivers.
So every time an Air Driver picks up a Ground shipment, they are supposed to be paid Ground rate for the entire day.

It came up in an audit that my wife has her "employee numbers" on some Ground shipments almost every day. Her boss is mainly looking to cover his ass, but he has put in for more auditing, going back to January of LAST year. That's is as far back as they can go with these "employee numbers" tied to shipments, suppposedly.

Sorry if that sounds like a lot of rambling, but it seems that they are going to pay some back wages owed to her, due to the Ground shipments she has been picking up.
It is not much for one day, but adding up eighteen or twenty something dollars per day, going back almost a year and a half could turn out to be a substantial check they still owe her.

She was asked today to come in an hour early to discuss how she wants the funds dolled out to her. They really don't want to just write her a four or five thousand dollar check today.
I have a feeling that the bosses will try to negotiate some extra vacation time for her, instead of a huge outlay of dollars.

I suggested that she call her Union rep immediately and get him in on the meeting as well.  UPS is being all "SWEET" to her, trying to handle this without involving the Union.
She reminded me that she is not the only Air Driver that some of this might benefit. They really want this to go away quietly.

Her Union rep needs to be there for her part of the resolution!

Either way it all comes out, she is going to get an extra paycheck this week.
So...

:woohoo:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 02:58:17 PM by DirtDawg »