Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 118951 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #6435 on: January 06, 2018, 04:36:28 AM »
Went and saw a dog we want to adopt at a shelter and turned in the application
That's awesome.

Agreed. Good luck, parts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6436 on: January 06, 2018, 01:30:30 PM »
The lab beakers my old man got me after realizing that, even if I AM hard on spoons, I don't need about 100 of the fucking things to measure out chemicals. He'd got me an excellent-quality pocket knife also, but seeing the look on my face at finding the spoons...he realized he'd really, really screwed that one up.  And whilst letting me still keep the spoons, he went and got me a load of lab beakers. Ranging from 150ml all the way down to some tiny, tiny tiny little 5ml beakers. Those are so little...they actually manage to look cute and adorable. They are beakers...but they are so tiny...its just 'awwwwww' :AUTISM:

Yeah, only a spazz could think like that way,

The three orders of lab-beakers my old man bought me for xmas arrived. From IIRC 250ml right down to 5ml. I'll make good use of those. And especially having 5,10,20-25ml ones will be really handy, since I'm currently building up an ultramicroscale glassware set, from 5ml flasks upwards. At least that is the smallest I have already, second biggest being 10ml flasks.

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6437 on: January 06, 2018, 10:32:21 PM »
Your dad sounds all right despite the spoons. :zoinks:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6438 on: January 07, 2018, 05:00:47 PM »
Thanks, hoping the dog stuff gets approved not sure why it wouldn't but the wait is making me nuts 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6439 on: January 07, 2018, 07:58:23 PM »
Thanks, hoping the dog stuff gets approved not sure why it wouldn't but the wait is making me nuts
Can't see them not giving you the dog but I know it sucks having to wait.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6440 on: January 08, 2018, 04:22:40 AM »
Yeah usually he is. The spoons were a good-intentioned effort, just fell way short of the mark. Accidents happen, and he did, as soon as he realized that they were....well...I've gotten better things for xmas to say the least...he DID go and buy me those beakers as a 'replacement', although didn't ask for the spoons back, just got the beakers as well. I'll use the spoons eventually, afterall, it isn't as if I want to use the household spoons (I previously just took a couple of those and dedicated them to that sort of use only, permanently, never to touch food again, at least not food served to anybody I don't really, really have it in for :tard:

And its pretty obvious, nobody would eat at the table with those, at least one of them is badly, badly corroded. After being used to scoop up sodium metal from crucible of molten caustic being subjected to electrolysis under inert gas, and while caustic soda isn't too bad in solution, when its molten, at several hundred degrees 'C, its another beast entirely.  It eats things. And it eats people too given a chance. There are pretty few and far between items that can withstand molten caustic alkalis, and conductive substances are even rarer, that don't get torn to pieces. I often use graphite, or nickel, since the attack is quite slow, for such electrolyses, but the electrodes are considered to be disposable items. Use 'em, lose 'em, or find some purpose for a pointy little stub, such as for initiating electric arcs.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6441 on: January 08, 2018, 05:33:17 PM »
That went well for what could have been a 1-hit kill on the entire team if things went wrong. found out there was a guy, just one, packing 5 grenades, he chucked one, missed and had it bounce back on him, not a direct hit but enough to cause a lot of damage in fallout-tactics, which was instantly followed up by a single shot from an AK assault rifle and then a double-barreled shotgun blast (fallout tactics game)

Neat thing was recovering so many grenades which I then split among the team. The enemy grenadier never expected THAT. Thing bounced off a beam or something in a barn and came back at his ass, while I had a guy cap him with an AK-47 round then quickly pull out his shotgun and loose off both barrels into his chest after the AK round winded him. After that shotgun blast he wasn't getting up again. Ever. At least what was left of him wouldn't be getting up without the assistance of somebody else carrying a spoon and a plastic rubbish sack :autism:

He tried to toss a fragmentation grenade through a window once my chosen shooter had crawled on his belly up to the part of the barn with a waist-high 'gate' (doesn't open), but something was in the way, which the grenade hit and came back at him, knocking him about pretty damn hard, after that a single AK round winded him, and allowed my shooter to whip out his shotgun and give the little bleeder both barrels up close before he could react with another grenade, which left me plenty of grenades to loot from his corpse, or what was, at one point, before he hit the ground, something resembling one. Now its more....well think of the phrase 'the red mist came down and the man lost all control'....in this case the red mist just burst into a localized cloud and subsequently condensed on the floor :D

Those AP grenades are going to come in handy though. I did have one in the squad's arsenal, along with something like 5 napalm grenades, since one even close blast, although the range is limited (15 hexes, its an isometric game) at maximum for a grenade of any kind, even a moderate miss will hurt the recipient like fuck, a near miss might well still kill a few people and a direct hit in a group is likely going to leave behind just a pile of glorpy meaty pinkish grey-red stuff thats a nuisance to sort through afterwards when looting the corpses for guns, ammo, grenades, stimpaks, other drugs and misc. stuff of use or resale value,,,,,,

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #6442 on: January 09, 2018, 02:11:02 AM »
Still not dead.  :asthing:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6443 on: January 09, 2018, 07:50:07 AM »
Still not dead.  :asthing:

still glad about that :)

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6444 on: January 09, 2018, 07:56:42 AM »
Walkie happened :)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #6445 on: January 09, 2018, 08:36:49 AM »
^ Blergh.
:dog:

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6446 on: January 09, 2018, 10:40:57 AM »
^
trying to decide if i really want to know what the heck  i did to prompt the previous two posts   :LOL:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #6447 on: January 09, 2018, 10:50:59 AM »
^ It’s not you, it’s just that Lestat slobbers over every female he finds remotely attractive, and there’s so many of them, and it’s kinda slimey. Nothing to do with you!
:dog:

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6448 on: January 09, 2018, 10:57:03 AM »
^ It’s not you, it’s just that Lestat slobbers over every female he finds remotely attractive, and there’s so many of them, and it’s kinda slimey. Nothing to do with you!
point.  that's certainly one of his least endearing qualities *sigh*  (sorry, Lestat, but FWM speaks the truth, here)

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6449 on: January 09, 2018, 11:06:53 AM »
You did nothing. I was simply finding it a good thing you are here. Wasn't hitting on you walkie. Just, a 'glad to see you and good day'. And don't you call me slimey FWM.

And in any case, I reckon people have me wrong. Yeah I guess I can find someone attractive. But I'll die without ever having taken another mate. Of that I have been certain for..shit, around when I was 20. I am almost completely certain. I'll not say never. But I am as certain as I can be, of it being the case.

And I just, well it warmed my heart to hear that while you had been miserable from the cold, that finally there was the potential for a smile on your face walkie. Because to think of you being miserable is a miserable thing in and of itself. Because you are someone I would call my friend, and those I would are few. It warms what is left of me to know a friend is no longer feeling bad, if they were to begin with. And what is left...walkie, you know how much, you know what only one other here knows, as far as how much there is left.

I take what comfort there is for the scraps, in seeing those I care about feel joy. For there is and will be none for me.