Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 119403 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #6285 on: September 26, 2017, 06:45:44 PM »
Really great, long conversation with one of my oldest friends.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6286 on: September 26, 2017, 07:00:55 PM »
I rather like the rain, walkie. The sound especially for some reason. Although for ambient sound I have to say, thunderstorms with plenty of lightening bolts and hail at the same time, so it can be heard coming down to the ground, and especially bouncing off the glass of the windows and doors. Bugger me if I know why I like that combination as much as I do and so specifically, but I do:)

I could compromize QV..a pair of fire extinguishers and gas masks for the pair of us (or three if you enjoy fireworks and have an open mind as to the term 'take COV....', a piezo-ignition gas torch, I'll take the weight on my back, build the rest to be lightweight, she aims, pulls the trigger and we BOTH go see 'twilight', whilst I modify one of the extinguishers to take a compressor and modified one-way valve, prepare the contents of each tank (if anyone has any sense after a warning is loudly shouted by both of us, at least one front-row seat better be left free, or two if we don't share during the first episode of that twinkling nancyboy slag's busily twinkling in the sun and getting the crap knocked out of him by a pack of oversized wolves that at least  actually don't require a shirt-mounted set of nametags proclaimning 'hexenwulfen' to be told apart from the bloodthirsty (allegedly) undead that are too prissy to bite anybody:P

and of course we share the advance, a pair of sidarms of a caliber and style to suit)-with large UV torches in place and silver bullets (JHP with a holy water filling for unispecies general-purpose supernatural critter-disposal??:autism:) of rail-mounted flashlights split 50-50), we both work on the menu to suit us both (well really, what auties/aspies wouldn't, assuming one size doesn't fit all) and some creativity on my part that isn't too fussy about  a nitrogen-pressurized tank for the more...ahem..volatile half of the mixture and a stable compressible oxidizer that stores fine as a cryogenic gas in the presence of liquid oxygen, or perhaps an alternative oxidizer

Would take me a while to come up with the right blend that behaves itself under pressure with the right fuel mixed in with a suitable oxidizing gaseous propellant, complimentary hypergolic fuel as a binary mixture and doubtless a fair number of smoking craters somewhere about 3/4 of an hour on a bike during my part of the design) or alternatively compressed air-fuel mix, single tanked design and getting...creative...with three marx generators, some heavy-duty insulating exterior materials, a LONG barrel and a pair of flashlamp-pumped lasers.....

I'm sure we could find a means to combine the two and in a way satisfying to those at large, at least the ones that are moving forward as opposed to hurrying in the opposite direction She might want to find suitable earplugs or earmuffs, depending on how loud the fuel mixture roars and how loud the spark gap discharges are, whilst I'd be quite happy with some of those headphones that are shaped like earmuffs rather than the kind that droop from a couple of separate wires, and for some reason cannot fit in my ears. Unless going with full-face gas masks that ought to dim the ambient noise level during operation of the..well I'm not so convinced either of us would class it as a fire extinguisher or extinguishers anymore. The potential blowtorch part though, I think yes. Mostly. In a manner of speaking. Same effect, same direction of travel for the ignited fuel...same effect on whoever the bugger is that comitted something with a bathtub full of glitter and glue that were it done with a human or animal would certainly be considered grounds for....not quite sure but neither of us would want to find out, much less experience what it would be grounds for.

We'd certainly make a hot pair. Or at least a hot one. (and better looking and more stylish as a girl-guy flamethrower team:D) Could work a treat on reheating our cinema popcorn, if we bring a sized-to-fit-four metal bucket with a tight fitting lid. (bound to have one overcooked lot the first time around)

Doing the trick where sunlight just makes the buggers twinkle would be hilarious, I reckon if given the right presentation and set, it could be satisfying AND funny as shit for both of us, keep us both in our fill of the popcorn flavour of each of our choices and enough cold drinks to A-slake our thirsts and B-put the first lot of popcorn out if needs be *smiles sweetly*

*lestat goes in and out between the toolshed and the lab for a while and takes occasional journeys by bike, whilst carrying a rather top-heavy backpack and returning with a much lighter one, and as inconspicuously as possible makes the journeys back take varying routes and takes pains not to be for any length of time in the distance between dwelling and..errm...testing grounds....................... (Her ladyship would be more than welcome to come and help trigger the tests at suitable distance for it to be conducive for the pair of us to remain...well..a pair, rather than a siamese dodecet :P) :popcorn:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6287 on: September 27, 2017, 06:27:38 AM »
  The :coffee: banished my headache.  Good thing, since I can't find my ibuprofen!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6288 on: September 27, 2017, 09:11:58 AM »
Lestat - Just let me commandeer a hot air balloon from the festival this weekend and as soon as the winds are optimal I'll be right over.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6289 on: September 27, 2017, 03:44:18 PM »
Met with a friend. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #6290 on: September 28, 2017, 05:25:30 AM »
We move tomorrow and we're almost done with packing stuff and the like. In fact, we're completely done with packing and all that's left is to dump all the crap we've (me especially) managed to collect over ten years.

Also, didn't die.  :asthing:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6291 on: September 28, 2017, 08:49:22 AM »
Good luck with the move! Just recently did it myself and now I'm swearing never again :laugh:

I wrote a lot this morning which was definitely needed.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6292 on: September 28, 2017, 02:56:35 PM »
I hate moving so good luck
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6293 on: September 28, 2017, 02:58:24 PM »
  I found some tasty apples  :apple: :apple: :apple:  to fill the void left by the lack of Pink Lady apples!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6294 on: September 28, 2017, 08:34:36 PM »
My sister and I bought tickets to go to a concert together. So excited. We haven't done that in 15 years.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6295 on: September 28, 2017, 10:48:00 PM »
We move tomorrow and we're almost done with packing stuff and the like. In fact, we're completely done with packing and all that's left is to dump all the crap we've (me especially) managed to collect over ten years.

Also, didn't die.  :asthing:
Are you moving far from your current place? Last move I made was 5 minutes' drive to the new place and it still stressed me out.

Also, glad you didn't die. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6296 on: September 29, 2017, 08:00:34 AM »
if you're anything like yer average spazz, S_B , then dumping all the crap you've collected over 10 years is an awesome achievement  :plus:
good luck with the move!
and hey! also glad you didn't die! (  :apondering: why did i never think to say that til Ren did.? I think Ren deserves a plus for that)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6297 on: September 29, 2017, 08:03:55 AM »
My sister and I bought tickets to go to a concert together. So excited. We haven't done that in 15 years.

Ooh! hope you have a great time! what band/artist/ orchestra ? (you are sooo annoyingly nonspecific)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6298 on: September 29, 2017, 12:32:32 PM »
PA's niece's half-sister and her partner just finished the adoption of their first foster child.  Brother and sister (not related to first foster) is in the works.   :party:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6299 on: September 29, 2017, 12:49:59 PM »
Congratulations with the expansion of the family.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!