Educational

Author Topic: Occupy Intensity Squared!  (Read 3066 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Occupy Intensity Squared!
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2011, 03:03:42 PM »
I thought it was already occupied?!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2011, 04:26:47 PM »
Funny Old Fruitcake Lady Gives Advice

Hooray.  You found the twin I was separated from at birth.

Your much older twin, maybe.  She passed away at the age of 95.

TOM CRUlSE Fruitcake lady

Mom complained about that delivery.  Said it seemed slower than a pizza delivery guy.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

eris

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2011, 04:27:53 PM »
I'm tired of doing absolutely nothing all day long and then coming to this forum to see nothing good posted! I'm protesting! Who's with me?!?

:orly:

I'm sure you love this. :)

Cybergrind has raped your friend mario.

100deadrabbits - here we go

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2011, 05:09:18 PM »
How cute. They throw in some Mario sound clips (instead of the usual z-grade horror movie clips) to cover up the fact that their "music" sounds exactly the same as the hundreds of other "grind" bands out there. Bleah.

Tone deafness is a tragic disease.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 05:13:18 PM »
I'm tired of doing absolutely nothing all day long and then coming to this forum to see nothing good posted! I'm protesting! Who's with me?!?

Bwahahaha , that's so goofy I love it.  :laugh:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

eris

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 05:23:05 PM »
How cute. They throw in some Mario sound clips (instead of the usual z-grade horror movie clips) to cover up the fact that their "music" sounds exactly the same as the hundreds of other "grind" bands out there. Bleah.

Tone deafness is a tragic disease.

actually that isnt really unique either "nintendocore"  is like the next big new thing.

Bwahahaha , that's so goofy I love it.  :laugh:

lol, me too. It's like a combination of chiptunes and deathgrind. I've been listening to this shit all day.

that was just an intro, not really a real song.

This is actually meant to be serious music. I think I have a new obsession

IAMERROR - Rainbow Road

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 07:34:33 PM »
Serious? Oh, God help us all... :facepalm2:

eris

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 07:39:12 PM »
Serious? Oh, God save us all... :facepalm2:

I dont know how bored you are, but you should join www.rateyourmusic.com. You can review music, and create lists, and generally be a music snob there :) What you rate things contribute to the actual ratings, because it is run by the userbase. And they have pretty much everything ever made on there, much more than you can find on youtube or just googleing things. If anything, it is a good reference site.   

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2011, 07:52:57 PM »

I dont know how bored you are, but you should join www.rateyourmusic.com. You can review music, and create lists, and generally be a music snob there :) What you rate things contribute to the actual ratings, because it is run by the userbase. And they have pretty much everything ever made on there, much more than you can find on youtube or just googleing things. If anything, it is a good reference site.

I knew about that place. In fact, thanks to some Google searches, that's how I found out about some of my favorite bands. But I've never thought about joining. Thanks. Yes, I am a musical snob of the highest order! And I'm going to go vinyl and cassette tape! :headbang:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2011, 08:45:53 PM »

I knew about that place. In fact, thanks to some Google searches, that's how I found out about some of my favorite bands. But I've never thought about joining. Thanks. Yes, I am a musical snob of the highest order! And I'm going to go vinyl and cassette tape! :headbang:

Good grief!  Even I don't do cassette tape.  It gets stretched out waaaaaaaaaay too easily.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2011, 09:09:37 PM »

Good grief!  Even I don't do cassette tape.  It gets stretched out waaaaaaaaaay too easily.

Yeah, these things you've got to be careful with. CD's aren't particularly durable, either. And no one takes advantage of the CD's true capabilities, instead choosing to "brickwall" the sound so that it sounds "loud". That really takes all the fun out of listening to music. At least the tape and vinyl don't really allow that. This has been going on ever since the mid-90's.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 12:53:35 PM »
Does brickwall refer to something done in the production process or when people play the CD?  Except for a very limited number of songs (In the Year 2525, a couple of others and bagpipe music) I play music at the lower volume numbers.  I like to have my hearing.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 02:38:03 PM »
Does brickwall refer to something done in the production process or when people play the CD?  Except for a very limited number of songs (In the Year 2525, a couple of others and bagpipe music) I play music at the lower volume numbers.  I like to have my hearing.

This video explains it well.

Why Modern CD's Sound So Bad

Of course, you don't have to use a program to detect problems like this if you have good ears and a good sound system. If you hear crackling, if everything seems to have no life to it, if your ears get tired after only a few songs (in the album), then you're probably listening to an example of brickwalling.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 02:42:21 PM by Serpent Throne »

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 03:18:58 PM »
Sometimes I wonder why Anonymous was supporting OccupyWallStreet I know they started it.... but why...

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »
From what I have heard, the majority of the protesters at OWS are just a bunch of stupid hipsters who are whining because they foolishly picked a non-lucrative major at a university like "philosophy" and expect their 50k student loan debt to be "forgiven". :violin:

With ugly dumbasses like these, if I had the authority, I'd order the NYPD to shoot to kill. In fact, anyone who posts an ugly picture of themselves, holding up a retarded passive-aggressive letter like that to make a "message" should be shot. :orly: