Author Topic: Can someone point out to me where the interesting discussions are?  (Read 3252 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Can someone point out to me where the interesting discussions are?
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2018, 04:27:27 PM »
 Pisser! Listen!

Hey, I got my son out today and we did more than shoot the pellet guns.

He actually took my 9mm HiPower in his hands for the second time and hit near a target. He insists upon using a 9mm. All others just suck but I convinced him to try one of my .45 M1911 style Colts. Guess what!!!
He hit the target every time. I mean, showing him how to do it I stacked all shots in one hole from fifteen feet. But to see him stay within the 9 ring over seven shots was like a breath of fresh air to me.
Made a little progress in the direction that these old .45s are not so damn bad after all. I mean shit he barely stayed on target with his treasured 9mm, but hit pretty damn good with Browning's 1911 idea.
 :2thumbsup:
He also tried the 12 gauge shotgun, but I am afraid that put him off a bit. It was loaded with number eight shot, fairly light, but it kind of startled him, some.

:asthing:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2018, 05:06:39 PM »
He also tried the 12 gauge shotgun, but I am afraid that put him off a bit. It was loaded with number eight shot, fairly light, but it kind of startled him, some.

If you want truly light 12ga loads, you need to load them yourself.

Of course you need to find a long wad to take up the space that would normally be occupied by shot and powder.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2018, 05:23:43 PM »
Interesting discussions? Are those the ones Pappy keeps necrobumping?

You forgot the   :cbc:

She necrobumps quite a bit too but no one seems to notice.

Are you going to get in the habit too??

Maybe later. For now it seems to be part of your repertoire of ways to annoy people and I wouldn't want to cut your grass.

What about the  :cbc: ??

Is it a part of her repertoire of ways to annoy people??

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2018, 12:52:56 AM »
I haven't seen  :cbc: necrobumping since I've been here. Wouldn't want to speculate.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2018, 04:17:15 PM »

If you want truly light 12ga loads, you need to load them yourself.

Of course you need to find a long wad to take up the space that would normally be occupied by shot and powder.

I know this, but I have not even done more than inspect and oil my shot shell loader in more than twenty years. Shells have just been too cheap to even consider re-loading them. Plus I already own tens of thousands of rounds I keep set by.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.