Start here > M.O.-Introductions

Introduction for ROCKETTURTLE

(1/3) > >>

duncvis:
I thought I'd start an introduction for the mysterious Rocketturtle, seeing as how this person has yet to introduce him/herself. Over the last month or two, rocketturtle has joined Ramoth, Neurolands, OTS and now Intensity?. We are obviously interesting to Rocketturtle, as s/he lurks on all of them from time to time. The profile is mysterious, rocketturtle never posts, just lurks. We appear to have a ninja in our midst! We salute you Ninja Turtle - come forth and claim your custom title. Or bugger off.  :P

shima:
I am so intrigued by rocketturtle, that I have taken screenshots of her (I have reason to believe it's a her) presence on WP.

Rockettutle, you are mysterious indeed. 

Callaway:

--- Quote from: duncvis on April 12, 2006, 04:58:14 PM ---I thought I'd start an introduction for the mysterious Rocketturtle, seeing as how this person has yet to introduce him/herself. Over the last month or two, rocketturtle has joined Ramoth, Neurolands, OTS and now Intensity?. We are obviously interesting to Rocketturtle, as s/he lurks on all of them from time to time. The profile is mysterious, rocketturtle never posts, just lurks. We appear to have a ninja in our midst! We salute you Ninja Turtle - come forth and claim your custom title. Or bugger off.  :P

--- End quote ---

Rocketturtle posted once on the place that shall not be named.  Her profile there identifies her as a female.  I like her black and white static avatar.  I believe her to be intelligent because of her ability to creatively think of a mathematical system that made the statement 6 times 9 = 42 correct:

--- Quote ---6 times 9 = 42 in base 13
--- End quote ---

Hi Rocketturtle, when I saw that post I thought, "Way to go!"  It is good to see you here at Intensity?.  You were at the first Intensity too, weren't you?

Here is the only random math fact I can think of at the moment:  If the sum of a number's digits is evenly divisible by 3 then the number itself is evenly divisible by 3.

rocketturtle:
hmm ... hello ... i'm not sure what to say ...
i haven't been online for a couple of days so i apologize for the lateness of my response. i thought i would post a reply so that i didn't give the impression that i was ignoring anybody. it is quite the opposite in fact. i find all of your thoughts refreshing to read. most of the time i don't understand (or can't follow) what motivates people or how people come to their conclusions about which actions to take in a given situation. it brings me a lot of joy and relieves a lot of stress that i am able to follow and understand your motivations and conclusions.

--- Quote from: duncvis on April 12, 2006, 04:58:14 PM ---I thought I'd start an introduction for the mysterious Rocketturtle, seeing as how this person has yet to introduce him/herself. Over the last month or two, rocketturtle has joined Ramoth, Neurolands, OTS and now Intensity?. We are obviously interesting to Rocketturtle, as s/he lurks on all of them from time to time. The profile is mysterious, rocketturtle never posts, just lurks. We appear to have a ninja in our midst! We salute you Ninja Turtle - come forth and claim your custom title. Or bugger off.  :P

--- End quote ---

You are correct in your assumption that i am interested in all of the above mentioned communities. in particular, i am interested in your ideas as well as the methods of thought used in order to derive these ideas. i am actually quite surprised at this obsession as this is the first time in my life that i have been overly intrigued by (i hesitate to use the word "listening" since in actuality i am reading but i will use that word anyways since this is a conversation of sorts) "listening" to conversations that involve personal viewponts. usually, i am interested in conversations about things rather than people.

i have also joined wrong planet, neurolands portal, gestalt, intensity (the first one), aspies for freedom, spectrum haven and an ugly bright pink forum that i deleted my account from (it was too hard on the eyes and the information there was not very interesting). the majority of the topics at wrong planet have become boring and trivial. it has become too time consuming to sift through all the threads to find the conversations worth reading. therefore, i don't frequent that place as often. however, i still "check up" on it from time to time. i like the neurolands portal since it has the links to other forums conveniently available. in addition to the forum links, i like to browse the informational links as well. gestalt has the potential to be a great resource to explore thought. i was really quite excited by that forum when it appeared. aspies for freedom and spectrum haven are somewhat boring and too one-sided for my liking but there is no way to delete those accounts and i cannot be bothered to ask any of the administrators to delete my account for me. besides, there is the occasional post linking to an interesting article. i haven't quite figured out what ramoth is about yet. i don't really have any opinion on neurolands forum or on the spectrum yet. it seems that most of the conversations there are not very focused. the intensity and intensity2 forums have ideas in them that are relevant, refreshing and inspiring. i really liked the atmosphere of the first intensity and was upset and confused when it was taken down. i am glad that it has returned back online.

it's interesting that you say "ninja turtle" as the ninja turtles have been a favourite subject of mine since i have been 10 years old. i have almost all of the comic books released by kevin eastman and peter laird. but i will not go into that now as it seems my post is starting to get lengthy.

--- Quote from: shima on April 12, 2006, 06:12:00 PM ---I am so intrigued by rocketturtle, that I have taken screenshots of her (I have reason to believe it's a her) presence on WP.

Rockettutle, you are mysterious indeed. 

--- End quote ---

you are correct, i am a "her". however, i am not really sure what you mean by taking screenshots of my presence. are you referring to my only post on wrong planet?

--- Quote from: Callaway on April 12, 2006, 07:14:14 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Rocketturtle posted once on the place that shall not be named.  Her profile there identifies her as a female.  I like her black and white static avatar.  I believe her to be intelligent because of her ability to creatively think of a mathematical system that made the statement 6 times 9 = 42 correct:

--- Quote ---6 times 9 = 42 in base 13
--- End quote ---

Hi Rocketturtle, when I saw that post I thought, "Way to go!"  It is good to see you here at Intensity?.  You were at the first Intensity too, weren't you?

Here is the only random math fact I can think of at the moment:  If the sum of a number's digits is evenly divisible by 3 then the number itself is evenly divisible by 3.

--- End quote ---

i chose that avatar because it appears to me as a visual representation of background radiation. always there, but not really noticed. making myself known is not one of my fortes.

i recall that you sent me a private message on the first intensity forum about the above mentioned post. i guess, technically speaking, i did "think" of a mathematical system but i disagree that it was creatively thought of. i didn't come up with it myself. i am not savant with numbers, i just find a lot of pleasure in knowing about the patterns and relationships between them. i wish i was more creative in this area though, but alas, it was not meant to be that way. my favourite numerical relation is epi*i=-1 where e is the natural logarithm base 2.7182818... , pi is 3.1415926... (i coudn't find the greek letter in the editor), and i is the square root of -1. it excites me that a combination of three very important and irrational numbers can give not only a rational number but an integer.

i probably will not post frequently as i am not sure what i can offer in terms of up-to-date responses. it takes a lot of time and energy for me to think over what is presented, what my relation to the subject is, formulate a response, elaborate on the response and then translate my thoughts into meaningful words. i would really like to continue to visit these forums and read the posts on them. my intention is not to make anybody feel uncomfortable. i have a genuine interest in defining the way my mind works and i am currently in the process of exploring this by trying to find existing examples of myself.

duncvis:
Woo, thanks for that Rocketturtle - glad we managed to prod you out of lurkage! I just got curious. ;) Feel free to carry on lurking - and the custom title is yours if you want it.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version