Educational

Author Topic: The History of Intensity Squared  (Read 9685 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: The History of Intensity Squared
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 01:09:33 PM »
ok, if it costs too much then i will let nlands go, but i will get the data and host it under another name. hopefully this won't take longer than a few days to a week.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 03:01:14 PM »
The data is what's important. But the original Intensity only for historical reasons, I think.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 04:15:50 PM »
current plan is to abandon the name - some company seems to have bought it. it's a registry site, but they are talking $99 or more to get it back, or let it go to auction and hope no one else wants it.

i suspect that people who go looking for nlands will come here or go to WP. at least there is a history here.

dunno why i never sent you a copy of the archive. i will as soon as i can get my hands on it. i had it backed up on one computer that died (hard drive crash) and the second one that got the archive also died (fried CPU). Not even sure if it's there or on another one that died. so if worst comes to worst, i could try ti get it off the hard drive of the second one.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 12:00:44 AM »
I could set it up as a read-only archive here, if that's OK with everyone involved. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 12:05:44 AM »
I Gareth Nelson The Overlord want my cut.   :squiddy:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 12:06:23 AM »
You (since I'm the overlord too) already got it. :smarty:

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 12:38:09 AM »
 :apondering:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 07:08:24 AM »
I could set it up as a read-only archive here, if that's OK with everyone involved. :)

Got my  :thumbup:.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

P7PSP

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 07:18:32 AM »

Got my  :thumbup:.
Up where?  ???

:rofl:

Scrapheap

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 09:00:44 AM »
Doesn't McJagger also have an archive of Intensity?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 12:58:10 PM »
No, AFAIK.

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2013, 07:28:46 PM »
Doesn't McJagger also have an archive of Intensity?
I have nothing but fond memories of good times.
Misunderstood.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2013, 07:32:55 PM »
Welcome back.

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2013, 09:56:57 PM »
The Beginning

It all started with Neurolands, a site made to help people on the autism spectrum get jobs. It was founded by Neuroman and McJagger with Tigerlily, Shima (hiroshima on Intensity) and hermit. They met on Wrong Planet in 2005-2006. Then one of the periodic WrongPlanet exoduses led to a huge influx of new members to the Neurolands forum and the original purpose of the forum getting swept away. Neuroman set up a system where members could request and start their own forums. Sophist's Gestalt was founded this way, and kevv729's Sockpuppet Television, and the original Intensity by McJagger, and Ramoth Harbor for Lucifer/Vivi.

There was drama over the original Intensity and whether it was too crass to be associated with a site meant to promote work opportunities for people on the spectrum. It was quite unique from other autism forums at the time in that it was meant as a place where people could learn to stand up for themselves ... or at least to fight the verbal fight. This allowed for abusive language and all sorts of posts that would've otherwise been moderated under standard forum rules. One of the posters there (said to be jman) actually made a thread asking others which Wrong Planet female members they would like to fuck. People complained. It's said that Lucifer was the one who spoke the loudest against Intensity as she didn't like the way the forum was being run.

Eventually, Intensity went down. Fortunately, McJagger managed to log in to the forum and access the admin panel only to realize that somebody/something had had the setting for disabling the forum checked. McJagger announced his findings on the Founders forum on Neurolands. However, the next time McJagger tried to access the admin panel, he couldn't anymore. Confusion arose. Accusations were made against a certain hacker group (that, for humor's sake, must not be named here) and even against a few members of Neurolands and Intensity. That said, it's still not clear what exactly happened that day. It also seems that Intensity went down a second time a while after it was set back up by Neuroman.

The events mentioned in the paragraph directly above may not chronologically be in the right order. Still working out the correct sequence.

Discussions about the fate of Intensity were made at a temporary forum someone had set up (Dunc's Drivel?). McJagger was ready to give up, and this was when it was suggested that he get his own hosting and have the site independent from Neurolands.

He did, and that was the beginning of Intensity Squared. He worked with Dunc of Dunc's Drivel - who incidentally used to work with Alex Plank at the very beginning of Wrong Planet (2004-2005?) before getting disgusted and leaving. Dunc was one of the first to have an issue with Alex as an besides, my ass hurts of Wrong Planet.

to be continued ...

Credits:
odeon
Callaway
Pyraxis
WolFish

Good 2 Know.  :thumbup:

I, Anton Alfonso von Cartman, the man you love to hate, have become the most notorious aspie on the internet. Banned from AFF some 6 years ago, returned briefly with my Tong_Duurai sock but got bored and stopped posting.......Banned repeatedly from WrongPlanet(6 times total), and so I found my way back here. There's pretty no fucking way you will Ever see the last of me here. Or on WP. I'm untrollable and that makes people butthurt as hell.  :evillaugh:

FYI: I am also a notorious troll on the Okcupid forums and despite 18 bans I still persist!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2013, 10:50:31 PM »
You are not infamous or hated. You are not even a footnote..
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap