Educational

Author Topic: Sleeping pills kind of sucks right now  (Read 987 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Sleeping pills kind of sucks right now
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »
I'm so tired that I think the 2 aspirin I took for body aches will put me to sleep in short order tonight.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »
forgive me for having little knowledge in this area but i've found that malt drinks and good quality hot chocolate work best for me.   Granted, the only sleeping pills i've tried are those that can be found on a supermarket shelf but the hot drinks really knock me out.
I have tried this but it doesn't work as I have to get up a few hours later and go to the toilet! Then I can't get back to sleep again.

At the moment I am alternating Lorazepam (which I got last year) and Phenergan which is an antihistamine I get at the chemist. I have had horrible sleep problems lately.

lorazipam (ativan) is one of the very few medications i know of that i would actually say no to... i have seen people get addicted easily to it and though i would take it when offered in hospital for stress last time i was there i only took it a few times... than stopped. it is a horrible drug and one that is easy to get addicted to.... my advice would be to not take it for anxiety (its intended purpose) let allone to get to sleep... actually my advice for short term sleeping solution would be gravol... anti-histamines can become ineffective if you use them to much. dont know about gravol but its what a friend was told to use for short term and she said it worked wonders.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 10:27:41 PM »
You were in hospital for stress?

I actually got the lorazepam to stop side-effects from haloperidol which it did not do at all. I am about to run out of it soon so I am not scared of addiction to it. I have had it in hospital as well. Also temazepam which didn't do anything as I recall. My doctor won't prescribe me any more benzos.

Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

eris

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 10:29:23 PM »
benzos are...

terrible

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 10:33:09 PM »
You were in hospital for stress?

I actually got the lorazepam to stop side-effects from haloperidol which it did not do at all. I am about to run out of it soon so I am not scared of addiction to it. I have had it in hospital as well. Also temazepam which didn't do anything as I recall. My doctor won't prescribe me any more benzos.

i was in hospitals for psych eval... it just so happens that hospitals stress me out to the point where i get so nervous i start shaking, rocking back and forth just to soothe myself ect ect.... only thing that does that to me... probably in part because i have spent over a year of my childhood in them and those were not happy days.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 10:44:45 PM »
Eh, you poor thing, that is a long time to be in hospital as a kid.  :(

I never minded hospital much because when I went I needed it. Plus the routine was easy for me to take. Makes it better that I like hospital food as well. Gained weight on my last stay in there. All I did was eat and sleep heh. They didn't actually help me last time but they gave me lots of Seroquel which got me to sleep.

When I got out I had to do intensive therapy at a place which was generally bad for an autistic. Felt unorganised as I wasn't told beforehand what would happen so I was stressed by it. Art therapy was horrible as I don't have much of an imagination and go better when I am given ideas about what to draw/paint, etc. They were critical of that because no one else had trouble with it. Then as soon as I finished a number of weeks' therapy I had to go back to uni. Further stress. I end up doing badly that semester.

Um sorry for taking over your thread. Not often I get into writing mode!
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 10:50:36 PM »
Eh, you poor thing, that is a long time to be in hospital as a kid.  :(

I never minded hospital much because when I went I needed it. Plus the routine was easy for me to take. Makes it better that I like hospital food as well. Gained weight on my last stay in there. All I did was eat and sleep heh. They didn't actually help me last time but they gave me lots of Seroquel which got me to sleep.

When I got out I had to do intensive therapy at a place which was generally bad for an autistic. Felt unorganised as I wasn't told beforehand what would happen so I was stressed by it. Art therapy was horrible as I don't have much of an imagination and go better when I am given ideas about what to draw/paint, etc. They were critical of that because no one else had trouble with it. Then as soon as I finished a number of weeks' therapy I had to go back to uni. Further stress. I end up doing badly that semester.

Um sorry for taking over your thread. Not often I get into writing mode!

cant stand art and group therapy... i was in a place called "ledger house" up here... basicly a youth psych ward.... been there about 5 times. any ways, the art and group therapy... i would just sit back and distance myself from everyone... i got help from one of the Ocupational Therapists there which was nice, got a weighted blanket which helps a lot... and also got off some of my meds which did the opposite of help, and ended up being the reason i was in hospital the last two times.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 11:02:09 PM »
I don't mind group therapy because I have had heaps of it and am used to it I suppose. But it is hard when the problems you have are so different from everybody else's I have found.

Art therapy though, I have never liked it. I am not an arty person though I do appreciate others' work. One hospital stay I did a lot of colouring in of mandalas, that was ok. I ended up buying a big packet of textas to do the colouring in and then left them there for the other patients which they were happy about. :)

Meds are another story. In 2005/6 I got put on loads of meds that I can't even remember. My mum has my hospital notes that I requested from that stay but I haven't read them. Still wondering whether I should have a look. Meds are something that are so hard to get right.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, 06:12:58 PM »
SO. there are these sleeping pills i take to help me sleep [zopiclone]...

Try mixing them with a little alcohol, they work a lot better that way.     :fiveshots:

:autism:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 10:04:41 PM »
I am not sure he even takes that anymore.
Tek'ma'tae