Author Topic: Sleeping pills kind of sucks right now  (Read 988 times)

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
Sleeping pills kind of sucks right now
« on: October 14, 2011, 01:04:43 AM »
SO. there are these sleeping pills i take to help me sleep [zopiclone]... ive been having sleeping problems for the past few months and when i was prescribed them they were helping a lot... they give me this horrible bitter/metallic taste in the back of my throat but that was acceptable as they helped me sleep... how ever on and off i have been taking them and it seems i am building resistance to them... i take the prescribed dose and nothing more and half the time i cant sleep any ways un-till really late at night which was my problem.

now the advantage is if i take them and they dont help me sleep when i fall asleep on my own i actually STAY asleep which is another huge problem for me... how ever it seems i am building up a resistance.. which happend before and so i put up a sleeping shit for a while

how ever i dont think straight when on them and i get dizzy....

i took one tonight and its not helping me sleep and i have been thinking wether to write a topic about one or not because.......

FUCK. i just realised i this thread has no point what so ever or i have forgotten the point long ago...

posting because this is so fail i HAVE to post this...

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Sleeping pills kind of sucks right now
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 01:10:08 AM »
It is a sleeping pill so it is most probably addictive. If you take them every night, you will get addicted fairly quickly and have withdrawals when you stop them. So I am not surprised you are building resistance to them. You may have to talk to your doctor about coming off them and trying something else.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Binty

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 01:14:25 AM »
I used to get high on Zopiclone.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 01:21:29 AM »
It is a sleeping pill so it is most probably addictive. If you take them every night, you will get addicted fairly quickly and have withdrawals when you stop them. So I am not surprised you are building resistance to them. You may have to talk to your doctor about coming off them and trying something else.

im not to worried about withdrawing from them... i took them a while back same pill before i stopped and there were no signs of withdrawl

she took me off them... and over the course of 3 months we tried an anti depressant to help with sleep and it did not work woth shit so i went back on these and the resistance was gone... mostly gone any ways.... but now its coming back

I used to get high on Zopiclone.

after the first time i started taking them... about a week before i stopped i took one... -nothing- took 2... -nothing- but i really needed to sleep that night, thouroughly thought it through and stupidly decided taking one more would be my last.... woke up sprawled on the downstairs bathroom floor with a blanket over me and no recolection of what happend after that night. i decided than if i need more than one to sleep than it wasnt worth being on them any more. and went off them for the three months

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Binty

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 01:31:34 AM »
after the first time i started taking them... about a week before i stopped i took one... -nothing- took 2... -nothing- but i really needed to sleep that night, thouroughly thought it through and stupidly decided taking one more would be my last.... woke up sprawled on the downstairs bathroom floor with a blanket over me and no recolection of what happend after that night. i decided than if i need more than one to sleep than it wasnt worth being on them any more. and went off them for the three months

I sometimes used to take up to 7 pills in one go.  'Twas interesting.  Especially since you would sort of drift in and out of consciousness.  It wasn't a complete black out like with alcohol.  Makes you feel like the whole thing is a bit of a dream.  Though they also made me extremely aggressive for some reason, so I stopped taking them.

eris

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 02:59:55 AM »
I just looked it up. It's a hypnotic. Those are freaky. At least it isnt a benzo. Hypnotics are a strange drug, and you can do things you normally would not and are very suggestive.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 01:19:06 PM »
I just looked it up. It's a hypnotic. Those are freaky. At least it isnt a benzo. Hypnotics are a strange drug, and you can do things you normally would not and are very suggestive.

yeah... currently all they do is make me feel very relaxed and calm... a little light headed and THAT DAMN BITTER METALLIC TASTE IN THE BACK OF MY THROAT!!! its discusting and lasts most of the day the next day.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline bucephalus

• Part of the Chaos
  • apparently
    • my band
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 08:14:57 AM »
forgive me for having little knowledge in this area but i've found that malt drinks and good quality hot chocolate work best for me.   Granted, the only sleeping pills i've tried are those that can be found on a supermarket shelf but the hot drinks really knock me out. 

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 09:36:12 AM »

Have you tried melatonin? I sometimes use the sublingual tablets. They don't knock you out, but I've found they reduce enough of the internal chatter to allow sleep to come a bit easier. That along with bucephalus's suggestion would probably put someone out fairly well.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 02:01:58 PM »

Have you tried melatonin? I sometimes use the sublingual tablets. They don't knock you out, but I've found they reduce enough of the internal chatter to allow sleep to come a bit easier. That along with bucephalus's suggestion would probably put someone out fairly well.

tryed it... melatonin deficiancy is not my problem and it dosnt really work well.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 02:44:00 AM »
decided to stop taking my sleeping pills for a few weeks... see if my resistance to there effects decreases at all...

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline bucephalus

• Part of the Chaos
  • apparently
    • my band
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:23 PM »
decided to stop taking my sleeping pills for a few weeks... see if my resistance to there effects decreases at all...

I hope it goes well for ya

midlifeaspie

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 09:27:41 AM »

I hope it goes well for ya

You finally decide to post, and not in your intro thread but about sleeping pills?  :dunno:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 08:40:04 PM »
forgive me for having little knowledge in this area but i've found that malt drinks and good quality hot chocolate work best for me.   Granted, the only sleeping pills i've tried are those that can be found on a supermarket shelf but the hot drinks really knock me out.
I have tried this but it doesn't work as I have to get up a few hours later and go to the toilet! Then I can't get back to sleep again.

At the moment I am alternating Lorazepam (which I got last year) and Phenergan which is an antihistamine I get at the chemist. I have had horrible sleep problems lately.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

eris

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 08:59:58 PM »
Lorazepam leave a minty taste in your mouth when you snort it.

I will not take any benzo or sleeping pill anymore, so I dont sleep too well...maybe 3 -4 hours a night :(