Educational

Author Topic: how long does it take to grow hair?  (Read 459 times)

richard

how long does it take to grow hair?
« on: November 06, 2006, 02:35:47 PM »
i want to grow long hair and am intrested if anyone knows how many years it would take for it to reach the middle of my back. thanks :)

Offline SausageofPower

• Fresh Meat
Re: how long does it take to grow hair?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 02:39:43 PM »
i want to grow long hair and am intrested if anyone knows how many years it would take for it to reach the middle of my back. thanks :)

It depends. I think the average is .5 inches a month, whereas I usually get about 1+ a month because of my partial Native American ancestry.

Best thing to do is use good shampoos and conditioners, since if you're just growing split ends then you're wasting time.

-Corey

Edit: To answer, I can grow that much personally from a relatively short (not a buzzcut, but a bowl or something, I haven't had short hair in ages) haircut in about a year-ish. Then again, women are jealous of my hair ;)

thepeaguy

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 02:40:17 PM »
I just shaved mine off. Fuck long hair.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 02:41:05 PM »

It depends on how fast your hair grows, Richard.  It would probably take me two or three years to grow mine from as short as yours is now to waist length, but my hair grows pretty fast.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 02:42:26 PM »
I got mine cut short about 9 months ago and I've been growing it back out ever since- now its shoulder length. I'd say from very short it would probably take a couple of years, if not slightly longer, to get it the length you want.

richard

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 02:43:07 PM »
seems like everyones hair grows differently, i'm definitevly going to give it a try though.

Online DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 03:18:01 PM »
Mine goes from kind of an early Beatle cut to Led Zeppelin in about a year.

Now, I wear a buzz cut. People think I'm with the IRA, because I have a beard and hair all the same, short length, as if I had just gotten out of prison or something. I'm too light skinned and red bearded to to be a mid-east terrorist.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 05:22:41 PM »
I'm too light skinned and red bearded to to be a mid-east terrorist.

Hey, don't feel bad. There are some perfectly good sleeper cells closer than that.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Desecration

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 10:29:55 PM »

From personal experience I'd say about 4 years if you get it trimmed every now and then. I've been growing mine for just short of 5 years and it's down to my lower back.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 08:05:28 AM »
About six inches a year on average.  My hair seems to grow a lot slower, to my frustration.  Now it's finally pretty long, and therefore unmanageable; I'm forcing myself to only cut it once every six months so it can get really long.  I have to make that rule for myself or else I'd be cutting it four times a year out of frustration.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 08:46:43 AM »
This is from 6 years of growth, but I'm not sure that it's grown much in the past 2.

14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 08:50:59 AM »
It's been my experience that guys' hair grows faster than women's.  And that guys will complain about it when it grows too fast.  And then move on to complaining about how they hate not being able to gain weight.

And then wonder why they aren't getting laid.

:P

((Not a response to Peter's post, just a few cognitive jumps away as a result of the pic))
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Idiot

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 04:55:54 PM »
Don't worry, richard, you'll get your pubes someday. :pie: :pie: :pie:

richard

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »
i already have pubes alot of them. nice hair peter!