Educational

Author Topic: Welcome steadfast  (Read 8046 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Welcome steadfast
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2011, 08:06:45 AM »
I am a very curious person. These are some of the questions I was going to ask:
1. How did you find out about your autism? How old were you?
2. Before you were told, did you think you were any different from anyone else?
3. How did knowing about it change your behavior? Did you ever use your diagnosis as an excuse instead of trying to conform?
4. What do you think about the vaccine theory? (I know it isn't true in my son's case)
5. When you meet people, how soon do you tell them about it? (I know that most diabetics keep their disease secret)
6. If no one had told you about your autism, do you think you would have figured it out by now due to the publicity the syndrome has gotten in recent times?
7. Does it bother you when they have autistic characters in TV and movies because of the stereotyping? Does that kid on Alphas bother you?
8. Has having autism affected your ability to get a job?
9. What would you say to an autistic person who didn't realize that he was offending people by the way he was speaking to them?
10. What do you think about those people who claim to have cured people of autism?
11. Now that you are grown, do you have any insights that would help other parents in how to teach correct behaviors to their autistic children?
12. What is WP? Is it a site I would be interested in?
13. On another forum they were discussing a study about atheism that postulated that autistic people were more likely to be atheist than the general population. Is this true? If so, why?

I think you are still missing the part where this isn't a support forum.  We don't tend to get touchy feely and answer personal questions posed to us by strangers, just like IRL.

dead right really. I only answered because i am the pussycat of teh Aspie Elite and a "friendly Bastard" but then you all know that.  :autism:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2011, 08:48:59 AM »
When did I ask a boob question and call her a tad bratty?  ???
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

midlifeaspie

« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »

Psssshhhh.  Fucking NTs can't keep anything straight ;)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2011, 08:54:59 AM »

Psssshhhh.  Fucking NTs can't keep anything straight ;)

:lol:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Osensitive1

« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2011, 04:32:32 PM »
Jack: You have been very nice and I thank you for that. I don't even know why you felt you had to apologize but thanks for that as well.
Here is something you said on 9/23/11:
There's plenty of forums strictly designed for parents to talk to others parents. Parents might consider the possible impact of sharing details about child's personal life on forums the child might one day wish to join.
Jack 9/23/11

My response is that there was millions of forums on the net and the chance that my child will stumble on the same forum and recognize himself described therein is almost nil. Secondly, by the time those children have children of their own and are interested in joining parenting forums, either those forums will no longer exist or posts that are several years old would have been deleted.
I'm not autistic. I really don't want what I said to be taken as too harsh or be the reason for you leaving, but do stand by what I said. There aren't millions of sites designed for autistics and I don't agree with the nil. I would have said something similar if you were here to discuss an autistic spouse. The only other way I know how to word it would be rude, so will stick with my initial statement of something parents might want to consider. Your 'secondly' sentence seems to be talking about strictly parenting forums, which I agree it would be much less likely though. Kind of feeling like maybe misunderstanding you, but if that was really your last post then good luck to you.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2011, 11:12:41 PM »
I was left out. Boo hoo.
As was I. Oh well.

I agree with odeon, the son should be told. If I never found out, I would be dead by now from never knowing why I was so different compared to other people. steadfast's son might benefit from going to a group for autistics to learn more about his condition and learn coping strategies and stuff.

They were interesting questions too but it steadfast is not coming back, then no point answering.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae