Educational

Author Topic: See you guys later......Or maybe sooner:/  (Read 4550 times)

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: See you guys later
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 09:58:40 PM »
Schleed just wanted to be "controversial" as usual, I see. :orly:

Osensitive1

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 10:14:07 PM »
Think it's nice butterflies took the time to say goodbye and explain why, even though at the end of the day it may not effect schleed's life in any way.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2011, 12:40:28 AM »
She told me what happened and I thought I'd come on to the site to see things for myself.
She is quite sad just now, and TBH I felt a lump in my throat myself when I read her goodbye speech, but she will be fine.
I have done a lot of snooping here and I have seen how much she argues with others. Half the callout threads seem to involve her :o So I don't think she can complain when she ends up in the middle of an argument.

As for you Les, regardless of who was in the right, and personally I think you have both been totally in the wrong, you have done her a great service.
Me and her friends have spent many months trying to get the old Lorna back, and persuade her to spend less time online. We succeeded a bit over the summer, only for her to return here again. You have succeeded where we have failed. So well done.

I have no idea if she will ever return, at least to post. I know that I will do all that I can to persuade her not to come back. I really don't think it is good for her spending so much time here. As soon as she remembers she can use my account to snoop without anyone knowing its her, I doubt if I'll be able to stop her having the odd nose about the place.

She has now banned me from using her account to snoop, so I have no option but to use my own. I'm sure you'll see me here sometimes.

I think that if it is a question of choosing between online and RL, she did the right thing. This is just an internet message board, that's all.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 12:51:07 AM »
Schleed just wanted to be "controversial" as usual, I see. :orly:

No, I wanted to be "honest". Stop projecting your fat as my own. :lol:

But if you want to leave, leave. Frankly no point making threads about it. You WILL most likely return someday, just look at useless tossers like Binty.

I've left quite a few times for the same reasons myself, but didn't feel the need to bring attention to myself. :P

Usually I agree with you on this subject, but I can see how she thought an explanation was necessary, having two active callouts. Would be odd if she just up and left without saying anything.

If she needed to explain, PMing Les would've been more suitable IMHO.

I like Butterflies and all, but a member saying they're leaving most likely means they'll come back. Like I pointed out before, Binty has done this multiple times. Other members such as Dook, Richtard, TCO etc. also did this too. I know Butterflie's intent was not to bring attention to herself and to bring callouts to an end, but such threads bring the opposite effect.

P7PSP

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 12:55:59 AM »
As soon as she remembers she can use my account to snoop without anyone knowing its her, I doubt if I'll be able to stop her having the odd nose about the place.

She has now banned me from using her account to snoop, so I have no option but to use my own. I'm sure you'll see me here sometimes.
I doubt that she has forgotten the Deadbeat Cousin account. Her last use of it was only a week ago. Butterflies used it more than her cousin did.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2011, 01:12:47 AM »
As soon as she remembers she can use my account to snoop without anyone knowing its her, I doubt if I'll be able to stop her having the odd nose about the place.

I doubt that she has forgotten the Deadbeat Cousin account. Her last use of it was only a week ago. Butterflies used it more than her cousin did.

I did wonder if the cousin was real to begin with.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2011, 03:55:35 AM »

I did wonder if the cousin was real to begin with.

I still wonder. Butterflies is a good troll. Not that it matters in the slightest. If she wanted to say something else "in another voice" to convey another message to what she would normally say then it is a good vehicle to do so. If it is DC and he wishes to state his view on things then again all good.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 06:36:12 AM »
I just reread what she said, and think this bit is all wrong

In real life, I live in a comfortable little bubble and anyone who I dislike is quickly removed. Obviously that isn't the case here, and it seems that I'm not very good at dealing with people I dislike without fighting them.

:zombiefuck:  I wonder how they are removed, lol.  My point is if this is the
case i think everyone has to learn how to deal with people who you either dislike or feel indifferent about.  Especially someone in business.  Just think
it safer to learn that here, or somewhere on the internet first.  You should look on it as a learning curve. No need to leave.
blah blah blah

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 06:53:03 AM »
If Deadbeat is Butterflies, what's she trying to achieve by issuing a callout thread and then leaving in an hour or so only to come back under this username?

If that is what one would call a "good troll", then congratulations.

P7PSP

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2011, 07:00:50 AM »
 :lol:

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2011, 07:04:20 AM »
She'll be back. They always come back. :eyelash:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

P7PSP

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2011, 07:06:15 AM »
She'll be back. They always come back. :eyelash:
:agreed: Just like the Stephen King story.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2011, 07:24:47 AM »
I do think that Butterflies is in no danger of having the board hate her. I do not think she is in danger of being ganged up on or driven out of here with pitchforks and placards by an angry mob.

She does say that she is a combatative nature. Many of us here are. In this respect she actually fits the mold a lot more closely to what this place is set up for.

So putting aside any personal feeling towards Butterflies, she is smart, combatative, popular and active.

These aspects are actually good for THIS environment. It is not a school nor a workplace.

She can choose to use this integral parts to her character and so long as she doesn't break the written rules she will not get banned and so long as she follows the basic unmoderated suggestions like backing her claims and staying out of Peanut galleries when she is a contestant of a callout and staying out of the callouts when she is not a contestant, it will make the forum run better.

She need not be in any callouts if she doesn't wish to. Many on here have never been in a callout or never will. If she is, then she just needs to back herself well. No silly claims and straight up dealings.

Butterflies has proven she is no slouch in an argument at dishing it out. I have seen her in form, a number of times, being unreservedly brutal and this is one of the few places (certainly on the internet) where she can do this. It is no indictment of her that she is tough and articulate and intelligent and can argue strongly and dominate those who are not able to argue as effectively as her. The forum allows this and to an extent encourages this.

The flipside is that is that she can be on the recieving end too. I have only ever seen this happen against Butterflies once.
I do not think that this is a training ground. I do not see this as to be likened to school or a party or a pub or work. I see this as an unmoderated (barely moderated0 forum with dysfunctional aspies who are not for the most part thick-skinned. A forum with smart and often opinionated people.

People similar to Butterflies.

Much of her reasons for being sad or reasons to cite as wanting to leave do not make much sense to me. They do not need to. They are Butterflies. Her choice.

As I say, I do not think she is bad for the place or fast travelling the road to fighting everyone or being hated. I do think she has a little more control of her actions. (The lack of such control she disliked in TCO).

I do not think she will be rounded on in coming back should she ever wish to. At least in no more way than TCO might have been rounded on. This place is for any fault that may be leveled at it is pretty forgiving and full of some pretty decent and accepting people (and me).

She may need to be able to view this, apparent knock to her confidence, as being soomething indeed to learn from and grow from. I hope she can. I also think a break will be good to her regardless. I think that real life is more important. I do value friends ( I guess everyone has seen that) and think time spend communicating with friends is important.

IF butterflies comes back, I hope that it is a happier Butterflies and one who has enjoy time away and has a new vigour and new confidence and less sensitivity. Be good for everyone.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2011, 07:44:32 AM »
She need not be in any callouts if she doesn't wish to.

Depends.

The way I see it, once the stone has been set, you cannot just ditch the area and pretend you never set anything there. Well, you can. But it won't be the most noble thing to do.

I can understand if someone made a callout thread to someone else, and that latter refused to participate. That would be understandable as he/she didn't ask for a callout to happen and, thus, agreed to no stone being set. Afterall, not every person here feels he/she has to be in any callout here. Although I should really try to see if I can, one day, get CBC to have a serious callout with me. :P

Regardless, I think, to me, it's a matter of taking responsibility and going with it to the end.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2011, 08:06:19 AM »
Yes I was inferring future endevours, really. As I say there are people here who have fun and are not dominated or supplicating but just do not make callouts or place themselves in situations where people are likely to call them out. These people are not wrong for doing so and are some our most loved members.
it comes down to choice and freedom of expression. If someone chooses to be combatative or whatever on here, then they will get involved in the callout side of things. Those who don't generally won't. Those that do have to accept all that comes with it, good and bad. It is part of the way this place is.
IF Buuterflies comes back she could choose to ignore all callouts she was involved in and say 'I don't want to do callouts anymore" or she could with new vigour and confidence give them a renewed thrash or "dissolve them" quickly and seek to enjoy the other aspects of I2.
They would all be choices and withinher power.
IF she comes back.