Author Topic: See you guys later......Or maybe sooner:/  (Read 4552 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: See you guys later
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 02:37:52 PM »

Now, Instead of being a place that I can escape my real life problems, it has became a place that is creating real life problems. My friends are getting more and more pissed off at me for putting this place above socializing with them. It's pissing them off that we'll be sitting in the house drinking, and I'll be typing away on here, half-ignoring what's going on in the room. I am regularly turning down nights out to sit in and use this site.
If that's the case, then a smart decision indeed. I won't be selfish and encourage you to stay, but will say I will miss your presence here. Best wishes to you.

Seconded.

Take care Butterflies.

Was nice meeting you here. In a way it is great that real life is getting in the way of this place. Will miss you around, won't beg you to stay. No need to make it a final goodbye either.

And this site a more harmonious place without you?   :autism:

Don't think so.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 02:40:48 PM »

Now, Instead of being a place that I can escape my real life problems, it has became a place that is creating real life problems. My friends are getting more and more pissed off at me for putting this place above socializing with them. It's pissing them off that we'll be sitting in the house drinking, and I'll be typing away on here, half-ignoring what's going on in the room. I am regularly turning down nights out to sit in and use this site.
If that's the case, then a smart decision indeed. I won't be selfish and encourage you to stay, but will say I will miss your presence here. Best wishes to you.

Seconded.

Take care Butterflies.

Was nice meeting you here. In a way it is great that real life is getting in the way of this place. Will miss you around, won't beg you to stay. No need to make it a final goodbye either.

And this site a more harmonious place without you?   :autism:

Don't think so.

:agreed: Jack and Hyke have put it well.

Harmonious? , no instead I think it will be a little emptier personally.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 02:54:35 PM »
That sucks. But oh well. Have a good life. :'(

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 02:55:22 PM »
That sucks. But oh well. Have a good life. :'(

:hug:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 02:55:47 PM »
Yeah I think it will be emptier too

and Les will always find someone to argue with , so no less harmonious :laugh:

eris

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 03:49:24 PM »
Goodbye butterflies. I hope that later on you can come back to talk to use again. I've always liked you. Take care :hug:

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 04:20:56 PM »
Ok, take a good break and come back as soon as you're relieved.

You have my :asthing: ass to kick in one of the threads.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 04:45:10 PM »
Online Al Swearengen    11:44:05 PM    Posting in See you guys later.

Oh fuck expect an essay.  :laugh:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 04:49:42 PM »
Dunno if it helps Butterflies, but I do not think you that sharp a tongue nor particularly good at fighting.
Fighting me and TCO (both of us have fought a lot of people on here)is not indicative that you will fight everyone.
And this is not school. It is a combatative forum.
Sure you lost a lot of my respect and I think that has far more to do with your personal conduct in my callout than anything else, it doesn't mean that you are going to be disliked by all.
Dunno if that will help.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 05:21:39 PM »
She told me what happened and I thought I'd come on to the site to see things for myself.
She is quite sad just now, and TBH I felt a lump in my throat myself when I read her goodbye speech, but she will be fine.
I have done a lot of snooping here and I have seen how much she argues with others. Half the callout threads seem to involve her :o So I don't think she can complain when she ends up in the middle of an argument.

As for you Les, regardless of who was in the right, and personally I think you have both been totally in the wrong, you have done her a great service.
Me and her friends have spent many months trying to get the old Lorna back, and persuade her to spend less time online. We succeeded a bit over the summer, only for her to return here again. You have succeeded where we have failed. So well done.

I have no idea if she will ever return, at least to post. I know that I will do all that I can to persuade her not to come back. I really don't think it is good for her spending so much time here. As soon as she remembers she can use my account to snoop without anyone knowing its her, I doubt if I'll be able to stop her having the odd nose about the place.

She has now banned me from using her account to snoop, so I have no option but to use my own. I'm sure you'll see me here sometimes.

I'm sad to hear that but understand it is for the best.

Say Hi to her for me Deadbeat / Gavin (whichever you prefer being called :laugh:) and that I hope she finds the balance she wants and needs.  :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 05:38:36 PM by Sea Tart »

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 05:39:14 PM »
She told me what happened and I thought I'd come on to the site to see things for myself.
She is quite sad just now, and TBH I felt a lump in my throat myself when I read her goodbye speech, but she will be fine.
I have done a lot of snooping here and I have seen how much she argues with others. Half the callout threads seem to involve her :o So I don't think she can complain when she ends up in the middle of an argument.

As for you Les, regardless of who was in the right, and personally I think you have both been totally in the wrong, you have done her a great service.
Me and her friends have spent many months trying to get the old Lorna back, and persuade her to spend less time online. We succeeded a bit over the summer, only for her to return here again. You have succeeded where we have failed. So well done.

I have no idea if she will ever return, at least to post. I know that I will do all that I can to persuade her not to come back. I really don't think it is good for her spending so much time here. As soon as she remembers she can use my account to snoop without anyone knowing its her, I doubt if I'll be able to stop her having the odd nose about the place.

She has now banned me from using her account to snoop, so I have no option but to use my own. I'm sure you'll see me here sometimes.

I'm sad to hear that but understand it is for the best.

Say Hi to her for me Deadbeat / Gavin (whichever you prefer being called :laugh) and that I hope she finds the balance she wants and needs.  :)

One thing my cousin does not do is balance :LOL:

But, thanks. I will tell her.

:lol:

Tell me an aspie who does , and you have found a very rare specimen indeed.  :laugh:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 05:40:52 PM »

No worries. Glad to hear.
I did not think the callout I had on her was responsible for her leaving but you are in a much better position to gauge I guess.
See you around.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 09:02:55 PM »
Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with spending time online. I have seen people spend more time on here than Butterflies did.

Place won't be the same without her.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »
Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with spending time online. I have seen people spend more time on here than Butterflies did.

Place won't be the same without her.

But do they fight others as much as she seems to be doing herself? :P

By the way, Butterflies may act like she doesn't give a damn about stuff, but deep inside it's clear she's a very sensitive person. I think she's hurt that all this had to happen lately.

But that is just the way I'm seeing it.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 09:19:54 PM »

But if you want to leave, leave. Frankly no point making threads about it. You WILL most likely return someday, just look at useless tossers like Binty.

I've left quite a few times for the same reasons myself, but didn't feel the need to bring attention to myself. :P

Usually I agree with you on this subject, but I can see how she thought an explanation was necessary, having two active callouts. Would be odd if she just up and left without saying anything.