Educational

Author Topic: See you guys later......Or maybe sooner:/  (Read 4549 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
See you guys later......Or maybe sooner:/
« on: September 25, 2011, 10:35:23 AM »
I've decided that it would be best to call it quits here.

I have a rather argumentative and combative personality, and realize that I'm just going to end up arguing with everyone pretty soon. It seems like a similar situation is about to occur here as happened to me in school. I got into fights with a few people, and pretty soon had managed to fight the whole school. Unlike school, I have the option of leaving before I make everyone dislike me.
In real life, I live in a comfortable little bubble and anyone who I dislike is quickly removed. Obviously that isn't the case here, and it seems that I'm not very good at dealing with people I dislike without fighting them.

I don't want anyone to think that anybody other than myself is responsible for the situation I am in. Fight people at the rate that I have done, and you will eventually piss off everyone. I am fully responsible for this.

A while back, I could say that I liked virtually everyone on the site, and it was great. The amount of people I dislike is now growing, and I would imagine that the amount of people who dislike me is growing. This is not a situation that is likely to end well for me.

When I joined the site, it was recommended to me by my cousin as a way of dealing with my social anxiety. Sadly it has not helped that, but has certainly helped sharpen my tongue, and for that, I am very grateful.
Also, when I first joined, I was living in a new country with my cousin as the only similar aged company, and he was, at the time, in a drug induced stupor. This place was a great help, and somewhere to get away from the issues that affected me in real life.
Since then, my cousin has got over his drug problems, and we have been joined by his girlfriend, my little sister, and my best friend. I have also made a couple of other good friends.
Now, Instead of being a place that I can escape my real life problems, it has became a place that is creating real life problems. My friends are getting more and more pissed off at me for putting this place above socializing with them. It's pissing them off that we'll be sitting in the house drinking, and I'll be typing away on here, half-ignoring what's going on in the room. I am regularly turning down nights out to sit in and use this site.
I think that the easiest time to "kick this habit" is now, when I'm obviously pretty fed up with things. If I tried when I was enjoying things, I wouldn't manage.

I had thought about saying goodbye to a lot of you individually, but I would only forget one or two people, so I thought I'd just say it to you all at once.
A lot of you have been great internet buds, and I will miss you. You were great when things weren't going so well in real life.

This is a great site, and one I have grown to love, and I honestly wish it all the best for the future. I'm sure it will certainly be a more harmonious place without me.

To everyone who has shown me kindness, I honestly wish you all the very best for the future. You are a great bunch of people.

I don't expect to return, but who knows what will happen in the future.
I will probably spy on you occasionally as a guest, so watch what you're saying about me :P

With real love.

Lorna x
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:21:16 PM by Butterflies »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: See you guys later
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 10:37:42 AM »
 Awww geez...  :(

Take a break but do keep your account.  Maybe some time away will help.  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 10:45:56 AM »
Bye!!  :asthing:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Osensitive1

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 10:47:11 AM »
Now, Instead of being a place that I can escape my real life problems, it has became a place that is creating real life problems. My friends are getting more and more pissed off at me for putting this place above socializing with them. It's pissing them off that we'll be sitting in the house drinking, and I'll be typing away on here, half-ignoring what's going on in the room. I am regularly turning down nights out to sit in and use this site.
If that's the case, then a smart decision indeed. I won't be selfish and encourage you to stay, but will say I will miss your presence here. Best wishes to you.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 10:51:13 AM »
Noes. Don't leave. Like CBC said.. take a break and find that lots (here) will be different when you return. Let it just cool down a bit.

Well, suit self ofc., but I think it's a shame if you left permanently. 
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 10:52:54 AM »
Take a break and come back soon.  Until then we will be like parakeet and see you around ever corner :)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 10:56:32 AM »
See you soon Butterflies , It's been nice meeting you , don't stay away too long.  :P
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
Take care.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 11:43:07 AM »
The door will always be open and a pot of tea under the cozy whenever you want to visit. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 12:29:27 PM »
I hate to think of anyone leaving.  I hope you see things in a different
perspective in a few days.  To be honest i think you paint yourself
a bit blacker than you are.  I don't think you are particularly argumentative.
I won't bother digging up quotes but you were really trying to not get into that fight with SteveO.  I remember thinking you were patient. Ok it escalated horribly but that's life.

JMO

Of course you are young and have a social life so i don't blame you really - but hope you don't delete your account and drop in from time to time.

Butterflies you have made me smile many times by your posts.  So, a big
thank you for that.

Take care,  and hope to hear you made it on a plane some day.

Teresa
blah blah blah

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 12:30:49 PM »
Why even make a thread about it? :S

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »

Why even make a thread about it? :S

I think this was why Schleed:

I had thought about saying goodbye to a lot of you individually, but I would only forget one or two people, so I thought I'd just say it to you all at once.
A lot of you have been great internet buds, and I will miss you. You were great when things weren't going so well in real life.

(If that was hypothetical , excuse my  :asthing: showing   :P)
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »
But if you want to leave, leave. Frankly no point making threads about it. You WILL most likely return someday, just look at useless tossers like Binty.

I've left quite a few times for the same reasons myself, but didn't feel the need to bring attention to myself. :P

Psychophant

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 01:43:01 PM »
Awww geez...  :(

Take a break but do keep your account.  Maybe some time away will help.  :viking:

Seconded!   8)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 01:47:02 PM »
I hope you do come back, you're one of my favourite people here