Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 154283 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #8775 on: February 02, 2018, 06:07:39 AM »
Instead of doing homework, I went to the chiropractor and once I came home, started reading Neurotribes, a book I bought in the city. Interesting book, covers the history of autism. Anyone here read it?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8776 on: February 03, 2018, 12:11:10 AM »
No, but it sounds interesting. Going to look it up.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8777 on: February 03, 2018, 03:15:17 AM »
Bought it a while back. Haven't read it all.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8778 on: February 03, 2018, 10:53:12 AM »
coffee
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8779 on: February 03, 2018, 08:35:40 PM »
Taken meds, had breakfast, had a shower.

Going to Aldi to get some groceries and drinks. Then to the chemist for more meds (benztropine and Caltrate).
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8780 on: February 07, 2018, 12:21:35 AM »
Meds, lounging on the sofa. My forkhead distillation adapter (although I'll have to get some smaller necked flasks than most of mine in B19 joint size, as almost the entirety of my glass kit is in 24/40 and some in 24/29, the far fewer smaller jointed flasks are conical and erlenmeyer or flat bottom but rounded types, along with some other more miscellaneous glass pieces picked up here and there on ebay when going at a knockdown price so I bagged and tagged 'em for my lab whilst the prices were telling me the getting is good, so I got 'em, even when any need would be found far later.

And the forkhead is for vacuum distillation like a cow. the top female joint is indeed in the as-sale advertised 24/40, but the fork prongs terminate in B19 male joints not the 24/40 I was expecting and wanting. Not happy. But oh well, I'l just have to buy myself some B19 to 24/40 or 24/29 adapters, preferably both, and or some round bottomed round bottom flasks in B19.

Or might have been B17 or even B16 male joints! fuckers!. And I CAN'T use this with vacuum because non roundbottom flasks can easily result in a violent implosion with both destruction of the glassware placed under vacuum wrongfully, a shitload of glass-shard shrapnel clouds as well as spattering whatever is in the distillate. Which would be shitty at best, disastrous in the middle case and possibly lethal in the third instance, depending on what is being distilled, which might well be something as water-sensitive,  violently water reactive, very rapid evolvers of toxic acidic and stinking gas fumes.

And just finished sticking 4 creme brulees down my throat one after another.  Time to take pain meds and antiseizure med, because this is going to be an iffy night potentially, I just had an aura, and a weird dream where I was wearing a length of uninsulated wire round my neck, again as coming out from sleep, wearing this wire round my neck and rubber boots. I found myself standing over an electrical substation, wearing a weird set of clothing that was kinda movement restrictive. I could FEEL the electrical charge of the station making my hair crackle and prickle and stand on end, and in that dream had to carefully, carefully worm my way out of that metal wire collar and wire and throw it over a high, metal fence that itself was charged and I had to avoid the wire hitting the fence, because a short from a substation would cause an explosion.

Took the shorter of the two acting antiseizure meds at my disposal, plus figured might as well take that as a time-cue for the pain meds that were to be used soon in any case and did just that with some morphine and oxy.

Then fell back asleep, had another more direct and even in the metaphorical way dreams sometimes communicate things to people, this one just outright and said it, to wake the fuck up and dose the longer one, complete with a doctor and paramedics in an ambulance, looking for me in a closed shopping complex, where, for some reason kids were playing with pet mice, and I was, of all the awful things I'd not want to see whilst dreaming, or in reality, I was stomping on these mice, grinding their stomachs under my boot heels and watching mice-guts come squirting out of their poor little murine arses, and mouse-eyes bulge and pop out of their sockets before bursting them by stepping on them and the mice's heads :(

That was pretty fucking nightmarish. But it woke me up alright, along with the direct instruction by this dream doctor 'take a 5mg nitrazepam tablet and do it now'. Old guy with grey hair and paramedics in an ambulance on standby with the paramedic crew looking for me, after I kept hitting the deck, falling repeatedly in the dream.

And I felt it come on as I woke up, physically I mean, woke me up in time to still be able to respond, just in the nick of time. So I did just as in the dream, and took that 5mg moggy pill. Although horrid mouse-rupturing though...ugh...jesus.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8781 on: February 07, 2018, 06:00:38 AM »
Went to Tafe, spent all day until 4pm there learning C# stuff.
Came home via bus, train, then another bus. Ate some leftover macaroni. Watched some YouTubes.

Am now thinking about bed.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8782 on: February 07, 2018, 11:29:20 PM »
Hope you don't get any dreams of bursting mice :)

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8783 on: February 08, 2018, 08:39:31 AM »
^Thankfully, no bursting mice, that sounded terrible to dream about.

Went to the licencing centre and found out that I have to have a medical something or other before I can renew my driver's licence. I bet this is because I dobbed myself in to them about being ADHD and taking meds for it.

I can't get an appointment with my doctor until the 13th of this month so that means I will be driving without a current licence until then. I haven't been pulled over by the police in years, I can only hope that continues.

After I went there, I kept Kayleigh company while she had her hair done. And I had a very nice cup of tea.

Afterwards we had Macca's and then went to the shops and bought stuff. We got home late and the cats were most insistent about being fed.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8784 on: February 12, 2018, 11:19:11 AM »
Yeah the  mouse-bursting was awful. That part of the dream came on in  super slow-motion, watching my foot descend down on mouse after mouse after mouse, and panning to the look on the faces of the kids, before  and after my foot came down slowly onto the abdomen of  the mice, and ground in it's heel, feeling their  tiny little backs break, watching a  stream of  ropey little tiny murine intestines squirt out of their arses while their eyes bulged until they burst out of their sockets and ruptured, the mice  shrieking in agony before they died, didn't even finish them off, just left them there to suffer.

IRL, I'd NEVER do a thing like that, although I do know what it looks like, after accidentally stepping on a dead sewer rat, and only knowing it when I heard the 'pfftthhweerrgghllllggnnhhhhhcrackcrackcrunchccraccckk' sound, and saw the rat's  whitish-pale, seminecrotic intestines bursting out of its ass like a jet from a super-soaker water gun, and its head pop like an egg thrown at a hard surface, followed by the sensation of cracking little wee  bones. Thank fuck it was very, very, very dead when  the boot came down. The alternative is just too awful to think about.

I'm a real big animal lover, so that was a nightmare  of a dream, actually torturing the poor things deliberately. My psyche obviously needed me to wake up, and take my seizure meds, and I was right when I twigged to that being the case even still in the dream.

I've actually gone to some significant risk to help animals in distress, or where nothing can be done, administer the last rites, in a quick and painless manner. Diving out into a road to save a stunned bird from being hit by a car, once. And another time, risking drawing out a S&W revolver, after finding a poisoned  (obviously suffering, slowly) sewer rat in a train station, and rather than leaving it to suffer for days whilst it bled out and its kidneys shut down from the internal bleeding etc., I pulled  the pistol and blew its poor, miserable ratty little head into instantaneous, merciful oblivion that it never saw coming. Just checked a quick look for cameras, whipped it out and pulled the trigger twice at point blank range between its eyes. No need to doubletap the poor sod, but I wanted to make extra-certain of  a shot so far into the overkill range, that the poisoned rat, since I couldn't take the poor thing home, didn't have the means to cure it, or rat blood to transfuse, and I couldn't leave it to suffer days until I could take it to a vet who would probably have told me to fuck off even offering to pay for a sewer rat to be restored to health, I had  to act as the angel of death for  the poor wee mite.

I wouldn't tolerate an infestation in the home, but I'd only use catch and release traps, and seeing that poor shaking tiny thing like it was, it was its own kind of hell just to have to witness, and despite the handgun not being anything close to legal, it had to happen, and the rat had to be given the mercy of a quick ending that it never saw coming and that put it out of its tormented existence waiting to bleed out inside from the anticoagulant rat poison over days. At least it was fast, for the rat, and it didn't have time to suffer and squeal in pain like it was. I found I just couldn't walk away, knowing it was there. Can't remember if I missed  my train or not. But I could  have  done time just for owning the piece, when I had that, never mind  squeezing off a pair of rounds to double-tap a sewer rat.

The pigs would not have let me get away with it put it that way, just the ownership, bugger concealed carry of a loaded handgun at all, least of all in a train station and less still firing it. Just had to do it. Bang, bang, scratch one rat, regretting it wasn't a police officer, stow my pistol and then get the next train to go home in the filthy fucking cold miserable weather.

But, I just can't do it, leave animals in need like that, even if the task is grisly and awful and not without risk. I'll do it all the same. Although I prefer to take an animal in alive, and nurse them back to health. I've even had to perform surgery on a  raven/rook before, to remove shotgun pellets after it had obviously been blasted. Kept the wee guy/girl as a pet afterwards.

And the there was the time where I'd dived into a road in front of a car to grab a sparrow that had stunned itself flying into a glass bus shelter or been hit by a car and KO'ed. Up my trench coat sleeve. On my way to the doctor's office. Only it warmed up, snuggled up my sleeve then shot out and went absolutely berserkirgang in my GP's  office. Absolutely hilarious though, suddenly during the consultation, a little bird pelting out from my trench sleeve like a feathery little RPG and  going twittering round the room like a mad thing. Took a fair while to recapture it too, and make sure I'd gotten a firmer hold on the wee guy. WAS going to take IT to a vet after my own appointment to see the people-doctor, but oh, no, it had to go and  wake up at the one moment I just wanted it to stay warm.

And got a lecture never again to bring wild animals into his surgery from the GP. Although he couldn't help but see the funny side of it too, so he let me off with a just 'don't do that ever again!!!!!!' and  I wasn't in any way punished. Actually it kinda looked like he was going to split at the seams laughing and was trying to control himself until I wasn't there to see him start cackling like a maniac at the scene that just unfolded before his eyes :autism:

Although my favourite was a baby hedgehog, of all my rescues. Such a tiny little wee mite. I'd located a baby one, in a back alley near where I used to live. WAY too minuscule to survive the winter. Indeed, I'm astonished it was alive when I found it, cold and  hungry, near  starvation and freezing to death.

So again, another little wee critter cradled in my palms, in a little spiky ball in that case, at first, and stuffed up my shirt in that case, to warm him/her up. Took him/her in, gave the tiny thing a name (sonic, lol what else could I have called the lil' bugger, but 'sonic', it WAS a hedgehog after all, and damn me to hell if I wasn't going to sit there and daily check up several times to make sure it did not enter torpor. Night and day. Sitting up with sonic, feeding it dog food, and giving it water, after a while a bowl, but at first, drops from the tip of my finger for it to snuffle at, until I'd given it enough, drop by single drop, that it wanted to snuffle for water no more, and sonic had had it's fill for the time being, or at least, thirst was quenched until he or she had eaten their meal it'd just had me bring to him/her little, tiny self.

Really was the tiniest, cutest wee thing, no bigger than a moderate sized orange, spines and  all, with a little black nose poking out and four little wee feet poking out underneath. After a while, Sonic began to show me trust, and would come to me, when  I'd  come bringing food, and bringing water, and would walk onto my palm, to be cradled on my knees and allowed to keep nice and toasty warm whilst I made sure sonic had his/her fill of dog food and water, and occasional treats like fragments of hot crusty bread I'd save for him/her from a french loaf etc., or a  niblet of cheese, not a huge lot, in case anything wasn't ideal hedgehog food, but I'd squirrel away  snacks meant for me, and save Sonic a little taste of the finer foods given to me, morsels of fresh fruit and nice quality bread with a little niblet of stilton blue cheese if I could. (after all it was the middle of a harsh winter...how could *I* see fit to sit there, and stuff my face with xmas food whilst sonic were to go with only dog-food and plain water. Made sure not to overfeed any particular food group, but did make sure that Sonic got his/her taste of the good things in life (especially for a hedgehog, since it isn't as if they often encounter a gigantic mammalian biped who'll scoop them up out of the blistering cold, and nurse away their hunger and thirst, and bring them fine bread and cheese as little crusty warm tokens, or little cubes of the fruit that I was eating, I'd cut away and hand to my spiky little friend.)

I couldn't just sit there and stuff my own face with luxuries, and deny Sonic the odd treat outright. And he/she certainly seemed appreciative, with a little snuffle, and a little tiny black wet nose in my palm, away those morsels would go, packed down into a little full furry and contented hedgehog belly. Fuck me though, that was one CUTE little creature. I've seen young ones before, but never so tiny, looked barely weaned, sonic I mean, so scrawny and thin and so obviously cold and pretty miserable looking.

It was a real joy, as a kid, looking after Sonic, doing winter 'hedgehog-duty' (I.e all the time, with the odd break taken between feeds to go hit the lab and study too, to let me hair down, get the goggles and gloves on and make with the chlorine gas and the sulfuric acid and all the fine things in life one definitely wouldn't feed a hedgehog, the things that explode, make interesting colors, have neat medical or pharmacological-other properties, the things that stink something satanic, or the things that are super-corrosive and spontaneously induce things they touch to burst into flames. So I did have SOME Lestat-Time, to myself. But that year, was spent in getting sonic growing into a healthy, and pretty hefty proper young hedgehog, fit to be released again, much as I wish I hadn't had to to do the right thing by Sonic. Although he/she was always welcome back at my door just the same. And I'd still find some 'Sonic-Time', for keeping in touch, an autie kid and his wee hedgehog pal, scampering around on my knees and from out-held palm to outheld palm.

Today, went out shopping, to get nosh. Got nosh plus a couple of tins of cigars. And noticed on my bank statement after I'd done, I'd had £666 left :autism: see?!? I WAS right. I am meant to be the emissary of Almighty Satan upon this earth, to walk the land and kill people for the greater glory of Hell's glorious Luciferian Regent.

Now where and who do I start....:P

Got plenty good grub and it only came out, even with the cigars to £30something.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8785 on: February 13, 2018, 05:15:45 AM »
Got my Department of Transport form filled out by my GP, took Kayleigh to her appointment, ate a Flava Roll from Red Rooster and did my C# homework.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8786 on: February 13, 2018, 07:09:57 AM »
Hm I think I could go for one of those thick milkshakes. 'Frijj' they are called, got lots of cookie-dough flavor ones, really thick and tasty.

And there is something kind of satisfying about the foil tops, in driving a fang through the foil and slurping the milkshake out through the fang-hole, as well as the satisfyingly stabby sensation of driving an elongated canine tooth through it before sucking it dry.

And yeah, I see the amusing irony considering my username.

Edit-oh yum! I didn't realize I had a load of fudge brownie ones too. Time to go murder a milkshake :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 07:11:51 AM by Lestat »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8787 on: February 14, 2018, 01:15:49 AM »
Woke up. Had coffee. Read the news. Logged on here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8788 on: February 14, 2018, 04:51:45 PM »
Dropped my daughter at the train station
Worked on a basement being finished
Made a bunch of phone calls
Made a schedule for tomorrow
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8789 on: February 14, 2018, 05:38:51 PM »
Gorcery shop - 24 cans of tuna and one loaf of bread.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: