Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 155051 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #8820 on: March 02, 2018, 05:37:40 AM »
Went up at stupid o'clock for a Doctor's appointment. Now trying to work.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8821 on: March 02, 2018, 10:40:52 AM »
^What is CBD oil?

Today I slept in a fair bit then Kayleigh and I (once we were ready) went to Officeworks where I bought a USB hub and she got a "compendium" and some other stuff.

Then we went to Aldi (are these everywhere?) and bought groceries.

Although I think they've made it to the US, there's none near New Orleans.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8822 on: March 02, 2018, 06:17:51 PM »
There's four in the city here; one within a mile or two of the house. The bulk of grocery shopping is done there.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8823 on: March 03, 2018, 01:15:11 AM »
There's four in the city here; one within a mile or two of the house. The bulk of grocery shopping is done there.
Our town has two, one is just at the end of the street.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8824 on: March 03, 2018, 01:27:12 PM »
CBD oil is cannabidiol in an oily formulation or E-cig mixture (its an extract from cannabis, although unlike THC doesn't have the same effects, but does have antiinflammatory effects)

I'm interested in extracting the CBD content and using a lewis acid-mediated cyclization reaction to form THC (or a mixture of delta-8- and delta-9-THC isomers), although extremely dilute HCl can do it too (a bronsted-lowry acid), but only at a yield of a few percent, boron trifluoride can manage it at somewhere like an 80> percent yield. Although BF3 is MUCH more dangerous than HCl (I recall a tale of someone using it in a fume hood, and then finding that outside the nearest window, massive piles of dead flies), going from 2-3% yield to 80 or more percent justifies using BF3 or BCl3, or more likely using the liquid adduct boron trifluoride etherate, whereas BF3 is gaseous (and extremely poisonous, although excess can be decomposed as its extremely water-sensitive) and either using the adduct directly, as ether won't react with the CBD, but BF3 will induce a rearrangement reaction converting it to THC)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8825 on: March 03, 2018, 03:33:02 PM »
Lots and lots of shopping and good deals.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8826 on: March 03, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »
CBD oil is cannabidiol in an oily formulation or E-cig mixture (its an extract from cannabis, although unlike THC doesn't have the same effects, but does have antiinflammatory effects)

I'm interested in extracting the CBD content and using a lewis acid-mediated cyclization reaction to form THC (or a mixture of delta-8- and delta-9-THC isomers), although extremely dilute HCl can do it too (a bronsted-lowry acid), but only at a yield of a few percent, boron trifluoride can manage it at somewhere like an 80> percent yield. Although BF3 is MUCH more dangerous than HCl (I recall a tale of someone using it in a fume hood, and then finding that outside the nearest window, massive piles of dead flies), going from 2-3% yield to 80 or more percent justifies using BF3 or BCl3, or more likely using the liquid adduct boron trifluoride etherate, whereas BF3 is gaseous (and extremely poisonous, although excess can be decomposed as its extremely water-sensitive) and either using the adduct directly, as ether won't react with the CBD, but BF3 will induce a rearrangement reaction converting it to THC)

Alfie Dingley popped up in my newsfeeds a few times. Little boy with a rare type of epilepsy. CBD helps him a lot, but he cannot get it in the UK. Though it is under discussion right now. But, it's steroids at the moment for the wee kid.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #8827 on: March 03, 2018, 06:40:28 PM »

I miss Aldi's. It's been a long time since I had one available.

Been trying to get my shit together for my trip tomorrow.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #8828 on: March 03, 2018, 09:26:27 PM »
I buy all my toilet paper and water hoarding at Aldi. :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8829 on: March 03, 2018, 09:54:56 PM »
The toilet paper from Aldi is good. I also buy Coke Zero from there. Lately it's been $17 for a pack of 30 cans.

Found some yoghurt good for my diet there too.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8830 on: March 04, 2018, 10:39:56 AM »

Alfie Dingley popped up in my newsfeeds a few times. Little boy with a rare type of epilepsy. CBD helps him a lot, but he cannot get it in the UK. Though it is under discussion right now. But, it's steroids at the moment for the wee kid.

The PR was diagnosed with Infantile Spasm Epilepsy at about 8 months.  Daily injections of HCGT (Human chorionic gonadotropin - ignore the wikipedia info, it wasn't for pregnancy) for about 6 months to mature her brain.  It's a steroid.  Normal steroid side effects occurred - rages and horrible depression, weight gain, acne, sexual development.  If anyone is interested in taking steroids without strict medical supervision, tell them to talk to me about what prescribed, controlled, monitored steroid treatment can do.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:41:40 AM by Queen Victoria »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8831 on: March 04, 2018, 10:43:51 AM »
Haven't done much today. I have a low-intensity migraine. Some headache and dizziness but manageable if I don't try to do too much.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8832 on: March 04, 2018, 09:11:32 PM »

The PR was diagnosed with Infantile Spasm Epilepsy at about 8 months.  Daily injections of HCGT (Human chorionic gonadotropin - ignore the wikipedia info, it wasn't for pregnancy) for about 6 months to mature her brain.  It's a steroid.  Normal steroid side effects occurred - rages and horrible depression, weight gain, acne, sexual development.  If anyone is interested in taking steroids without strict medical supervision, tell them to talk to me about what prescribed, controlled, monitored steroid treatment can do.
What an ordeal to go through.

It's different, but I took steroids for my asthma not long ago. My doctor said to only take them for a week - longer and they could have nasty side effects. As my asthma was being a bitch, I ended up taking the steroids for another week. Thankfully, no side effects.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #8833 on: March 05, 2018, 08:11:44 AM »
Queen Victoria, that sounds horrible. *Big hugs*

Doesn’t seem right to me that they don’t legalize CBD oil. If I was those parents that were on the news, I’d obtain the stuff for the child, legal or not. I wouldn’t take pot for recreational purposes as I’ve heard what overdoing it does to people (who I knew). I rarely drink too, mainly stopped that because most alcoholic drinks are full of preservatives and I react to them. Might add vodka in a cocktail occasionally, again with the other ingredients not containing preservatives.

But even then, I only drink on special occasions cos I don’t like the idea of the alcohol messing with my brain. The only drugs I take are paracetamol and codeine (together). Never would touch anti-depressants or anything else like that. I understand not a lot of people have the choice though and very much need those drugs.

As for steroids, yes, be very careful with those. And any dermatologist who tells you that applying hydrocortisone cream to your face on a regular basis is fine, is a big fat liar. :grrr: I knew she was full of crap so I didn’t listen to her. It’s also a gigantic fucking lie when they say eczema has nothing to do with the food you eat. Biggest fucking bullshit I’ve ever heard. My skin is tons better since I cut out the stuff I’m allergic to. She was a bitch to me too, had a right attitude. Another thing to remember is that any professional (or any person) who makes themselves out to be better than you, is self-righteous or thinks knowing more than you means they can look down on you - they are rigid, bursting to the brim full of shit, and are in no way an authority on what you are allowed to do with your own fucking body, self, whatever. They are always full of shit and are still to be listened to, but not the only knowledge around there is as they make it out to be.
:dog:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8834 on: March 06, 2018, 02:42:35 PM »
Watch cop cars, ambulances, whizz down the road and try not to breath any "fresh" air outside today.

About less than 5 miles over the hill....

Train hits truck carrying hydrochloric acid on Route 88 in Washington County

Authorities say a train hit a tractor-trailer in Washington County, spilling the truck's cargo of hydrochloric acid and injuring its driver Tuesday morning.

Sky 4 video showed the CSX train and the large truck at the crash scene at Route 88 and Maple Glenn Road in the borough of Centerville.

Jeff Yates, the county's public safety director, said the estimated 4,000 gallons of spilled acid appear to have remained on the tracks. A hazardous materials team is still trying to neutralize the acid, but Yates said they do not believe there is a danger to the public.

http://www.wtae.com/article/train-tractor-trailer-carrying-chemicals-collide-in-centerville-washington-county/19133399

Never a dull moment.