Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 155014 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #8715 on: December 28, 2017, 05:54:57 PM »
The treadmill is fine, but boring.
Is there a way to arrange a tv or laptop so she can watch a movie while using the treadmill?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8716 on: December 28, 2017, 07:14:13 PM »
The treadmill is fine, but boring.
Is there a way to arrange a tv or laptop so she can watch a movie while using the treadmill?

The gym has several large TVs on the wall over the treadmills.  She just would prefer the bike.  Her feet keep slipping out the straps and her knees hit the handles.  We're working on it.  (Remember she has mild cerebral palsy and her right leg and foot are somewhat affected.)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8717 on: December 28, 2017, 08:17:18 PM »
Can the straps be tightened, so they are less inclined to slip off, but she remains comfy?

If not, why not improvise, using something ideally, that would distribute the pull-weight when drawing the pedals upwards over as large a surface area as possible (to avoid any discomfort from a sort-of attenuated 'cheesewire' effect? like a slice of seatbelt, its strong and tough as hell (obviously it would be fuck all use if it broke easily) but it has a wide area, so would help her be more comfortable with it than with a narrower binding. Otherwise, why not try something like a long wrapping of rope, wrapped over the royal plates'o'meat and then the winding brought back underneath towards the middle for the knot?

Or, if all else fails, and would need to be replaced (not that its expensive, and of course she is worth the world:)) the solution to everything and anything that doesn't involve hitting an object or person. DUCT TAPE!!! wherever there is a problem that needs a quick fix-duct tape is it. It can stick things. It can strangle. It can gag annoying people. It can wax the hair from...wherever isn't the head, it can be rolled into a loose ball, covered in petrol, lit and thrown to make a revolting stench of burning plastic. You could hang someone with it from all manner of body parts, cover holes in things...as long as you don't need to put a screw or a nail into something, or make sure kids are going to turn out properly autistic duct tape is perfect for it. You can even quieten and contain the mess of a glass window being broken where stealth is valuable. And whilst I haven't thought of any specifically, I am more or less certain that it could be used for multiple flavours of kinky :autism:

Hmm..there' one. You could  roll it up and use it to choke or be choked during fucking/getting fucked; or even as an impromptu way to stick a piece of plastic bag over your finger(s) if somebody wants to be fingered up the chocolate starfish without ending up with a finger covered in something you really don't want your fingers covered in.

And just in case anyone was wondering, no those are none of them things I've ever thought of before in my life, and came up with on the spur of the moment. This is not an untruth. It is as true as the PR is adorably cute :)

Although I'd suggest in her case sticking (pun intended) to using some to more firmly attach the royal plates'o'meat to the bike pedals, assuming  that shoes can be worn whilst using the bikes, since nobody (at least most people, usually) wouldn't want a strip of duct tape yanking off their uncovered skin suddenly (or slowly, actually slowly is worse. It hurts more if done quickly but only for a brief moment.

As for what I am doing, I'm playing fallout-tactics, brotherhood of steel and have just grabbed a handful of the bottles of xmas beer, opened one of them with the top-notch swiss army knife I got for xmas and am about to drain it dry in one big gulp, before I crack the next one, to drink at a slower pace. Real nice knife I got for xmas too, the usual tools, and high quality ones too, two blades, one long, one short, and both of them so sharp you can literally shave with either. I just did in fact. And gives a closer shave than a regular razor. Plus without a guard on it, the blades are just perfect for getting rid of those annoying hairs that grow at the angle between neck and lower mandible where the latter starts the upward curve to become the rest of that icon of incarnate gorgeousness that is my face:autism:

Just taken my pain meds, inc. some of the additional ones that my GP gave me today (gave me a week worth to last 4 days, because of late, even sitting has been really painful, and I've been having to walk, when I truly have to, to piss, shit, get food and drink to later piss and shit, non-respectively) and taken my antibiotics, about to take adrenal blockers and then my antiseizure med (the last AFTER my beer, since when the capsules open they kinda burn, but in a nice way, a kinda warming sting-burn in the throat if swallowed right so they sort of stick halfway down)

I do so hope the damn pain clinic gets to me soon though. They were meant to before xmas, after another GP assigned me priority status. As so far I am doing literally everything I can. Aside from taking paracetamol, as I don't respond to it at all for pain, only for reducing fever. For pain, even in hospital when given it through an IV dripline it did nothing whatsoever. And not taking oral NSAIDs, I can't, because of my stomach, not that even before my stomach issues, taking iboprofen, indomethacin, that stuff that comes in yellow tablets and has a name that starts with 'M'. Damn name is on the tip of my tongue but its stuck there. Flurbiprofen is better than most, although its rx-only (it has an additional slight cannabinoid type action) but still, I only use topical NSAIDs (diclofenac gel)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8718 on: December 28, 2017, 08:54:24 PM »
Thanks Lestat. Sorry to hear about your infection. Nasty.

So far today, I have gotten up, had a turkey sandwich and taken my meds.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8719 on: December 28, 2017, 10:22:34 PM »
Well I got an awaited call from the doc I had an appt with earlier, told him of it (I'd not have noticed it if I hadn't actually looked at my leg, until it put me in hospital probably). For some reason I seem really vulnerable to bacterial infection, although that I know of not so in the case of viral agents, at least, not unusually so.

The doc and I had a talk over the phone, and he immediately agreed, oral antibiotics, taking my suggestion and writing me up a script for 0.5g erythro QDS, plan being to nuke the little bastard before it can give me any serious grief. If I get any bacterial infection it has to be hit hard, and hit fast, or can all too easily land me in a hospital operating theater.

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8720 on: December 29, 2017, 06:55:34 AM »
My friend has been hit with something similar - she cut her leg on some rough plastic about 3 weeks ago and now it's infected. If it were me, it would have healed by now. But because it's her....

So she ended up in the ED today with vertigo, seeing double, fever, headache and that infection. They gave her IV antibiotics and more antibiotics to take home.

What have I done today? Went with Kayleigh to Subway (teriyaki chicken), worked getting through some more of my computer course, watched Star Wars V, weeded some of the backyard with Kayleigh's help and found something disgusting underneath the potatoes in the kitchen. I don't know what it was but I had been smelling it all day and couldn't find it. It was black and in plastic but pew did it stink. It's in the big bin out the back after being tied up in a plastic bag. Gross.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8721 on: December 29, 2017, 07:23:22 AM »
Yeah, its becoming a serious problem for me, the vulnerability to bacterial infection. A tiny scratch, something I don't even notice can turn nasty in a couple of days and not take much longer to land me in hospital. I strongly suspect that I am in some way immunocompromised, although of course  how, I don't know. About all I know are a few things its NOT, no idea what it IS. It isn't HIV, since I've never had a remotely likely encounter within which to pick it up. And none of them have been recent. It would have shown itself a lot sooner, had that been the case, and I'd be susceptible to more than just bacterial infection, so much as a spore from a table mushroom could kill me if that were the case (this has happened to someone, it was an oyster mushroom I believe.) and it can't be any of the SCID types, since I'd be totally fucked if that were the case and probably dead by now if not certainly dead by now)

But thats not really narrowing the field much is it now :P But it seems that even a tiny scratch is enough to make the only time I'm not about to develop a severe infection, those times when I already HAVE done so. Or else if I were to cut myself on a sharp surface such as broken glass from a dropped test tube etc. that was previously filled with alcohol or something else hostile to bacteria, like corrosives (NOT fun to get in a cut, of any description)

And LOL I've had nasty stinks like that that, the kind of thing that seems to follow you around but you can never pin down the source. Worst was a mishap with something sulfurous, and jesus christ, couldn't change clothes for about a week, because anything I touched would be ruined. (this...this...this abominable sin against the laws of nature in its mere existence...lets just say it was potent enough that people would turn and run from 100 meters away down the street for a fair part of that week, literally, they'd cross the road and take off in the other direction) And it started to come out in everything from sweat, to urine, to tear-fluid to saliva to (worst of all) nasal fluid. Superpotent stinkbombs are bad enough but this one got inside me and let itself off IN my nose.

The clothing, only thing to survive were the shoes which could survive being treated with an oxidant to remove the heinously offensive stench, the rest, all of it, that I'd kept wearing (making it no pleasanter of course, but that, was quite incidental since the clothing was already completely, totally and utterly beyond all hope of redemption), had to be bagged several times, taken out to the middle of nowhere, and burnt.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8722 on: December 31, 2017, 12:20:08 PM »
Wrapped the main water pipe leading into the house.  A layer of placemats in plastic bags and a small towel covered by a plastic bag.  All secured with shoestrings.  Looks quite home made. 

While I was at it I pulled the weeds from the front of the house.  Silly to do so, but it's going to be a moderate freeze tonight.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8723 on: December 31, 2017, 01:45:48 PM »
Why not have waited until after the freeze? it might have killed off some of the weeds, at least.

As for me, I went to bed at about 8:15am after an all-night fallout-tactics bender. Woke up a couple of hours ago,at about 18:30. What am I about to do now? get back playing fallout tactics :D

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8724 on: December 31, 2017, 04:49:51 PM »
Why not have waited until after the freeze? it might have killed off some of the weeds, at least.

As for me, I went to bed at about 8:15am after an all-night fallout-tactics bender. Woke up a couple of hours ago,at about 18:30. What am I about to do now? get back playing fallout tactics :D

Most of it was dandelion that was about to go to puff.  Offensive action to keep more dandelion from sprouting.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8725 on: December 31, 2017, 04:50:52 PM »
Got up, made breakfast at lunch time, resisted urge to go back to bed.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #8726 on: December 31, 2017, 05:51:03 PM »

Most of it was dandelion that was about to go to puff.  Offensive action to keep more dandelion from sprouting.

Fun IRL trolling tip of the day - keep a seedy dandelion in hand when walking with target,
fake a yawn, and slip it into their mouth when they reciprocate oscitation.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8727 on: December 31, 2017, 07:04:18 PM »
QV-try using a lighter (or better fire if you can) and roast the fluff off dandelions, it'll stop the seeds from spreading when you cut the stems down. They take very little to ignite and just go up in in a little puff of flames.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8728 on: December 31, 2017, 07:29:02 PM »
Was watching family guy, saw first episode, but accidentally changed the channel whilst reaching for antiseizure med, and saw that species III was on. I've seen the first two and it had been on for about 5 minutes, so I thought fuck family guy, I am watching this instead.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8729 on: December 31, 2017, 09:03:22 PM »
QV-try using a lighter (or better fire if you can) and roast the fluff off dandelions, it'll stop the seeds from spreading when you cut the stems down. They take very little to ignite and just go up in in a little puff of flames.

Flashback to Nov 2014 - we try not to set anything on fire except when cooking.  That's when The PR burned the house.