Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 152946 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #8670 on: September 16, 2017, 02:22:05 AM »
Not a lot yet.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8671 on: September 16, 2017, 09:37:22 AM »
Encouraging talk with The PR about working with fear.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8672 on: September 17, 2017, 06:55:06 PM »

Visit from APS (Adult Protective Services), actually quite a good one.  They're going to see if anyone can come in and help us.
This is excellent! I hope they're able to give you any help you that you feel you need :hug:

Today I took the pup to get her bandages off. First good look at her incision. It's a doozy. But the staff at the hospital love her. They always come out to tell me how easy she is to work with and she makes sure to greet every employee on her way from A to B in the back hallways of the hospital. So yes, she's a sweet dog. But if you really want to go know what she thinks of this hospital deal? I'd say her feelings were made known when she left a massive poop directly outside the door to the hospital as we were leaving and then hopped away like it was no big deal and no one could get in or out until I scrambled back to go clean it up.  :facepalm2: So Loki, tell us how you really feel! :laugh:

I'd say Loki is just about done with all this shit.  :lol1:

Good girl Loki, good girl.:heart:
She's is soooo over this recovery thing. She has to be sequestered in an x-pen with me 24/7 for 3 weeks. We're on day 9/21 and now she's taken to finding the joints in the pen and pushing them out with her nose to extend her space. But it's to the point that no one can get into the family room outside of the pen because of the way she's moved it around! She seriously has zero fucks to give right about now. :laugh:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8673 on: September 20, 2017, 02:13:45 PM »
Picked up in the yard getting ready for winter
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8674 on: October 01, 2017, 02:56:15 PM »
Four big bags of leaves out of the front yard, not bad.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8675 on: October 01, 2017, 04:38:03 PM »
Not a lot kinda tired, I removed and replaced another window in my kitchen

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8676 on: October 01, 2017, 11:48:43 PM »
Had coffee. Browsed the news. Logged on here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8677 on: October 02, 2017, 01:12:55 PM »
It was raining when I went to get in the car at McDonald's, no umbrella.  Had my coffee, a fountain soda for The PR and my purse.  Put the coffee on top of the car, went to open the door and had a cascade of coffee on me.  Thankfully that's the first time it's fallen from the roof and it wasn't too hot.  Drat.

>:( and   :'(

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8678 on: October 02, 2017, 01:50:44 PM »
*hugs QV and invites her to take a shower in either the stand-up powershower, or the one in a bathtub and wash off*

Hope the PR enjoyed her cold drink though *sends both of you my regards, and a loving squeeze for the PR:) *
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8679 on: October 02, 2017, 02:53:30 PM »
Put in three more windows

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8680 on: October 02, 2017, 05:19:12 PM »
*hugs QV and invites her to take a shower in either the stand-up powershower, or the one in a bathtub and wash off*

Hope the PR enjoyed her cold drink though *sends both of you my regards, and a loving squeeze for the PR:) *

It was kind of nice to have the smell of coffee around me all day.  I didn't change my top, too lazy to.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8681 on: October 02, 2017, 08:59:10 PM »
haha you lazy sod QV :P

I haven't change mine either. Right now I do need a clean top but will wait till the morning since I'm about to start doing some organic chemistry work and the dirty old top can stay on so anything doesn't get on the clean shirt. Besides my old man is asleep and my clothing is mostly in his room. Not that he isn't used to the sight of me with a gas mask on, goggles, a full-face/head/neck blast shield over the top, elbow length gloves and a heavy leather trench, but all the same he isn't going to want to be woken, and its better to use the old one whilst making with the :heisenberg;

Its been too long since I've gotten creative. After that, I think, I'll get online and start restocking reagents, buying myself more pieces of lab glassware that I've been wanting, as well as looking for an affordable spectrophotometer, IR to start with most likely. A raman laser IR scanner I think would be my preference, or FT-IR. Will have to be secondhand since I can't afford that kind of thing new, but as long as it works and does the job I do not mind. Proper working order is what matters.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8682 on: October 12, 2017, 11:56:35 AM »
Sorted out some stuff

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8683 on: October 12, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »
Cleaned the acid-soaked mixed iron oxides crud cake from a pair of buchner funnels and gave them a thorough scrubbing out under the tap with hot water using a handy little tool for scrubbing glassware clean, that is essentially a long, flexible spring-like coiled wire with two brushes, one either end and of different sizes for getting into different sizes of joints, tubes, holes etc., the wire part is flexible and it coils up and moves round when compressed through the lengthways axis to scrub away crap. The Buchners are a pain to clean, the top part that holds the filter paper is fine enough, but the stems of them are a pain, in these two because they are ceramic rather than glass and its impossible to see what your doing through the walls of the stem.

That, and extracted something from the reaction that was being worked up into toluene, tapped off an as yet unknown s olid, although suspected to be iron oxides, hydroxides or hydroxide-oxide mixed something or other. Will have to test a small sample by placing a spot on a bit of metal or glass and heating from below, or in a length of glass micro-capillary tubing to determine whether its something like an iron oxide or something like it, and after loading the tube and gently driving off moisture and solvent in the sample, heat it in a gas torch flame, weighing before and after to determine how volatile this unknown precipitate is. If its inorganic oxide floc of some kind then it won't lose anything noticeable, and I'll be able to vaporise it if its organic, or at least burn it to a char of inorganic, graphitic carbon. weighing a lot less than the starting sample, should give me an idea of whether it is an impurity thats passed through the filter or if its what is meant to be there, whilst I dry the rest of the toluene with some calcium oxide (quicklime) and then add anhydrous isopropyl alcohol containing hydrogen chloride gas in solution, so as to keep everything dry and be able to distill off the solvent and recover my product before final recrystalization.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8684 on: October 20, 2017, 03:58:25 PM »
Got the SO to his physio appointment, picked up a package from the post office, another package on back order at the hardware store, got groceries for the week ahead and did my banking. Still need to catch up on schoolwork which hopefully will be tomorrow.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad