Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 155278 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #12810 on: April 11, 2024, 12:56:40 PM »
Ran a Fedex errand for Carla, vacuumed the upstairs Bathrooms and some grocery shopping.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12811 on: April 11, 2024, 01:09:32 PM »
Wrote in my story, reblogged 3 posts to update my stream on NOR, checked up on my birds, wanting to annoy MAGAites yet I can't because I made a vow I would never go back on Twitter.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12812 on: April 13, 2024, 07:27:07 PM »
I did my Saturday housework. :hadron:
:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12813 on: April 14, 2024, 02:41:47 PM »
Probably going to make Charlie Kirk Memes

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12814 on: April 14, 2024, 05:43:47 PM »
Got the first coat of paint on my project.

It's been too wet, but sunny today.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12815 on: April 14, 2024, 06:55:33 PM »
I washed the cars. :hadron: I usually just give them a quick vacuum but I spent a lot of extra time on them today because I did a big detail on the insides, polishing all the interior glass and plastic/vinyl surfaces. It's already getting hot here so I probably wont want to do that again for months and months.  :dunno:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12816 on: April 14, 2024, 10:44:04 PM »
I took my car through the carwash. The under body spray they use is far more encompassing than anything I can do with just a garden hose. I've driven some salty roads this winter. Glad to get that off the car's underbelly.

I haven't done it since the fall, but I also bought some of that ceramic coat finish protector. Kind of replaces wax, but miles better and lasts for many months.

Instead of vacuuming, I tried out my new air compressor. All the doors open, let her rip! I made an almost embarrassing cloud that drifted across the street.
I can't say no more vacuuming, though. Pressure does a helluva lot better job on details and in corners than what my huge shop vac can do, even with its fuzzy wand attachment. I still feel that the large carpeted areas need the vac.
I'm mostly chasing out dog hair, but I drop a few as well. Same color as the dog but mine are curly. BUSTED!

The main thing that I had let slip too long was the condition of the inside of the windows. That took me a while to get right!

It looked great until the wind all day covered it back up with a cloudy layer of dust.
Oh well, I know the underside and the inside are clean and the glass looks better than it has in a very long time.

I feel like I need one of those trophies!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 10:54:56 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12817 on: April 16, 2024, 07:03:06 PM »
I took my car through the carwash. The under body spray they use is far more encompassing than anything I can do with just a garden hose. I've driven some salty roads this winter. Glad to get that off the car's underbelly.

I haven't done it since the fall, but I also bought some of that ceramic coat finish protector. Kind of replaces wax, but miles better and lasts for many months.

Instead of vacuuming, I tried out my new air compressor. All the doors open, let her rip! I made an almost embarrassing cloud that drifted across the street.
I can't say no more vacuuming, though. Pressure does a helluva lot better job on details and in corners than what my huge shop vac can do, even with its fuzzy wand attachment. I still feel that the large carpeted areas need the vac.
I'm mostly chasing out dog hair, but I drop a few as well. Same color as the dog but mine are curly. BUSTED!

The main thing that I had let slip too long was the condition of the inside of the windows. That took me a while to get right!

It looked great until the wind all day covered it back up with a cloudy layer of dust.
Oh well, I know the underside and the inside are clean and the glass looks better than it has in a very long time.

I feel like I need one of those trophies!

I never thought of using the air compressor on the cars. The next time I detail the insides, I might have to ask Sugarbutt what he thinks about that. And yeah, the inside of the windows. I had to do them twice. :aff:

Keeping cars clean is a lot of work. Here's your well deserved trophy. :hadron:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12818 on: April 16, 2024, 09:10:04 PM »
Usually I only vacuum the car when it has to go in for a service or repair of some kind because I don't want them to see a mess.

Today I went for a blood test. My left arm was good for a vein this time.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12819 on: April 19, 2024, 08:01:49 PM »
Usually I only vacuum the car when it has to go in for a service or repair of some kind because I don't want them to see a mess.

That's the time to leave it dirty, because they're supposed to vacuum it before sending it back.  :lol1:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12820 on: April 19, 2024, 08:03:58 PM »
Today I grocery shopped, fueled the car, and paid bills. :hadron:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12821 on: April 19, 2024, 08:25:14 PM »
I worked until 3:30pm, was hoping to say hi to her today... but she wasn't there :(

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12822 on: April 19, 2024, 08:35:27 PM »

That's the time to leave it dirty, because they're supposed to vacuum it before sending it back.  :lol1:
The place I originally bought my car from used to do that but their services were very expensive. So the place I go to now has none of that courtesy stuff but they don't charge like a wounded bull.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12823 on: April 20, 2024, 09:07:21 PM »
Fed the cats and ate a leftover burger from last night.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12824 on: April 21, 2024, 06:49:42 AM »

The place I originally bought my car from used to do that but their services were very expensive. So the place I go to now has none of that courtesy stuff but they don't charge like a wounded bull.

I always regret slacking on vacuuming the cars because it takes so much time and effort to get them looking good again. I find if I do them every week, it only takes 15 minutes or less to do all three of them. Yesterday I was very grateful it didn't take long because it was wicked hot. I don't regret slacking on washing them though, because that takes the same amount of time no matter how often it's done. :dunno: