Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 176904 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #12045 on: February 04, 2023, 05:56:21 PM »
I did my usual Saturday chores. :hadron:  There's still a load of cleaning rags in the dryer, but otherwise I'm done and I'm eating my Saturday soup. I don't have any spring cleaning chores this weekend, so I'm testing a cleaning tip I saw on YouTube.  :orly:

Cleaning tips??

... aside from getting the kids to pitch in some?
Our kids are doing great lately, by the way. I can not applaud them enough as to how they have both stepped up to help keep our new home clean.

Let us in on your cleaning tips!

That's hard to do because I'm still testing and it's a long winded story, plus I think most cleaning products are a bit of a racket and I don't like recommending them, although I still can get all starry eyed in the cleaning aisle over a product I've never tried.

Anyway, sometimes we feel like we made a mistake choosing such a light tan floor grout, but I guess dark grout looks like dirty grout anyway so I don't know. Even though I keep it looking decent, I've come to believe certain areas like the kitchen will never look new again without re-grouting.

A few weeks ago I was using a lime scale remover on a fixture and accidentally spilled some on the floor grout, but didn't notice until it dried because it looked so clean. I looked online and found a video of someone using a similar product of a different brand.

I figured lime scale remover must be grout friendly, so I decided to use the one I had in the boys room. It did an awesome job on the grout but it made the whole house smell awful, and left a residue after mopping so the tile was streaked and smeared looking. I don't know how many times I'll need to mop to make it look good, but I'm used to the tile looking perfect after mopping, so right now there's no way I'm doing that to the whole house.

So I decided to instead try the product I saw being used in the video and test it in the master bath. It smelled good and didn't leave streaks, but it also didn't do anything that I could tell. I clean the boys room on Sunday mornings, so I'll see tomorrow how it looks after mopping.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12046 on: February 05, 2023, 03:00:37 PM »
I spent the day taking care of business. :hadron: I feel like I have an inordinate amount of business to take care of this month and it's been making me anxious. I started by making myself a to-do list so I can check things off and feel like I'm making progress, and also not feel like I'm forgetting stuff. I managed to do everything I can actually get done today, so I feel really good about that.  :2thumbsup:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12047 on: February 09, 2023, 06:52:07 PM »
I cleaned the fridge and made a shopping list for tomorrow. :hadron:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12048 on: February 09, 2023, 07:25:38 PM »
Woke up. :zoinks:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12049 on: February 09, 2023, 08:46:13 PM »
Helped Carla with her car servicing appt.  Shopped for groceries and read a bit.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12050 on: February 10, 2023, 07:13:19 PM »
Preparing for a big day tomorrow... can't wait for the adventure... besides the fact that my appointments with my shrink and therapist are on the same day.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12051 on: February 10, 2023, 07:49:58 PM »
I did a big grocery shop and paid the bills. I also worked on the budget and cleaned out my pocketbook. :hadron: The only thing I didn't do was to gas up the car. We have a gas gift card that needs to be used but the station near us is difficult to exit during heavy traffic times, so maybe I'll do that in the morning.  :dunno:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12052 on: February 11, 2023, 03:01:06 PM »
I did my usual Saturday chores and I also did a deep dusting in the house. :hadron: I still need to do the boy's room but I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning, so I'll wait until then to change the air filters.  :thumbup:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12053 on: February 11, 2023, 06:52:32 PM »
I finally set up my new laptop. It arrived about a week ago, but life has been heavy duty lately and I haven't had the mental capacity to deal with it. I already like it a lot. :woohoo:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12054 on: February 12, 2023, 01:25:57 PM »
I finished the deep dusting and I also vacuumed the cars. :hadron: The outside of the cars look terrible because they're covered in wet tree stuff. I asked Sugarbutt if it was going to rain anymore today. He said no but it's going to be windy all day and that's why the cars look so bad. I also bought the wrong size air filters. I had already removed the plastic off them by the time I noticed, so I was totally upset thinking I would have to toss forty dollars in the trash. Sugarbutt not only fixed them for me, he did it in such a way I couldn't even tell they had been altered. My hero. :heart:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12055 on: February 14, 2023, 02:08:07 AM »
Went to the gym then stopped at Aldi to buy some chicken, ginger beer, coke and hot cross buns. Got home and went for a nap, I'm usually tired on Tuesday afternoons.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12056 on: February 14, 2023, 07:16:28 PM »
Working in though that hole in the wall  pulling out old wet insulation that I installed 5 or 6 years ago. :zombiefuck:  This is the forth time I have I done the job.   Coastal flooding means job security :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12057 on: February 18, 2023, 10:34:14 AM »
Finished filling out the forms and payment for the Hike safe cards in NH.  They are cards sort of like an insurance policy that if your hiking and have an accident on the trail, you won't be billed for the rescue. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12058 on: February 18, 2023, 03:29:49 PM »
:laundry:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12059 on: February 18, 2023, 05:46:19 PM »
I did my usual Saturday cleaning, and I also polished the wood furniture. :hadron: I used to polish the furniture on the same weekends as deep dusting, but all that was a bit much so I broke it into two separate jobs.  :orly: