Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 177056 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #11655 on: August 06, 2022, 06:08:15 PM »
Final paperwork documentation is intended to help them cover their own asses, legally.

You are gone and they are done with you, so they make sure that you left of your own will and any future complaints will have no legal footing. The cleverly worded papers you had to sign to get your last paycheck are to protect them from you.

Big corporations have to do this. Or you could contact a lawyer and say that your boss was grabbing your balls. It made you uncomfortable and that is why you had to quit employment.
Lawyers love this stuff!
Most states have an Attorney General who would love to take a bigger bite out of a Walmart store. Taxes are never enough, since many BIG companies negotiate tax breaks with each state in order to set up business there.

:apondering: makes sense

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11656 on: August 06, 2022, 09:52:03 PM »
I went to the city street dance and art fair today. Could not stay long into the music part. It was just miserably hot and humid today.

I looked everywhere for my Rhodesian wood carver "buddy,"  but he was not there. I was going to buy another pipe or maybe a mask. Both.
He also carves two foot long African style masks out of tree bark. Scary as hell or awesome hanging on a wall.
I visited every tent. He was not there.
I hope he's OK!

Still hot, 82F near midnight.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 10:06:21 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11657 on: August 07, 2022, 09:10:17 AM »
Got my washing done. Went to the raffles with crush boi and his friend and her mum. Had dinner there - HUGE improvement on my last meal I had there. I had the chicken kiev special. Dropped of my raffle winnings then went to the laundromat. Came home and gave my older cat a fresh tray of litter.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11658 on: August 07, 2022, 10:43:25 AM »
woke up, went to church with my parents... now I'm going to go have lunch. Should be fun.... right?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11659 on: August 07, 2022, 11:20:45 AM »
Attempting to get a good walk in, but, the spot storms just keep on coming.  I went out a few minutes ago, did a short stroll, got back to the top of the hill and saw yet another set of dark ominous clouds heading my way.  I had heard the thunder of the first one to pass us by.  Decided that safety was the better option and a possible lightning strike does not sound enchanting.  So I went home, put the kettle on for a spot of tea and I will wait it out.  If it clears up enough I will try again.   ::)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11660 on: August 07, 2022, 11:45:46 AM »
Didn't clear up and the 3rd pop up storm hit us spot on.   There was a second, the one that made me go inside, but it went the round about way.  Quite a little downpour happening atm.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11661 on: August 07, 2022, 11:52:19 AM »
Listened to an interesting interview that David Pakman did with an ex-KGB officer

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11662 on: August 07, 2022, 04:46:51 PM »
Not much too hot and I had a migraine
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11663 on: August 12, 2022, 12:55:42 PM »
I did a big grocery shop and gassed up the car. :hadron: I also cleaned the fridge before shopping. I try to remember and wipe it out before a big grocery shop because it's pretty empty by then so that makes it easy. I think I've forgotten a couple of times because it really needed it. :aff:
:gopher:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11664 on: August 13, 2022, 11:44:06 AM »
I did my usual weekly chores and I also cleaned the windows. :hadron:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11665 on: August 13, 2022, 10:49:01 PM »
Tried to help my daughter with her latest project. Problem is that, like her mom she's an artist, but not an engineer.

I'm trying to figure out how to make what she envisions actually happen.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11666 on: August 14, 2022, 02:26:08 AM »
Got up early and started a load of washing plus washed my hair.

Went out with Kayleigh to buy a microwave. Was persuaded to also buy some cloths for the steam mop and a herb crusher.

Also bought some cat treats and some other groceries that came to a total of $150. Food is getting really expensive.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11667 on: August 16, 2022, 05:08:14 PM »

Spent half the day washing as well.

Kids help a lot, but "managing" is still up to an adult (Yes, 21 and 23, but ...) and keeping the fights down is a part of utilizing their help.
They must work through these things! Suddenly, demands upon their time is at hand. Adulting is hard.

:hair:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11668 on: August 17, 2022, 11:21:51 AM »

Wife has two more big tests to do today and if those look good, she can come home tonight.
Longest week we've gone through in a while!!

It will probably be late, since one test takes three or four hours.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11669 on: August 17, 2022, 02:17:54 PM »
Tried an Unwich for the first time... a smart choice I made... though I miss French Bread (actual French Bread from France)