Author Topic: Saddam sentenced to death  (Read 3036 times)

purposefulinsanity

Saddam sentenced to death
« on: November 05, 2006, 09:24:38 AM »
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/05112006/325/shaken-saddam-sentenced-hang.html

Since we had differing opinions on whether or not capital punishment was right recently I wonder what people's thoughts are on this.  For those against capital punishment do you think that in the case it is deserved or do you still feel it is wrong?

What about the claims that Saddam didn't receive a fair trial?  Or suggestions that the verdict was timed to help the Republicans at the elections on Tuesday?

Also what about the method they will use, hanging, should a more modern method (e.g. lethal injection) be used? 

Eamonn

Re: Saddam sentenced to death
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 09:36:29 AM »
This will just lead to more unrest from Sunni groups who already feel (with some justification due to many less official summary executions by the Shi-ite authorities that much resemble Saddam Hussiens tactics, though at least there was less unrest when he was in charge) that they are being ganged up on by the American lead Shi'ite and Kurd groups. The safety of the conviction is also doubful (though not the man's guilt) so the international court at the hague, for all it's faults. should have tryed him and he should have ended his days in jail. Not a Shi'ite and American led execution.

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 09:38:58 AM »
I agree that an international trial would have been a better idea than being tried within a country that is on the brink of civil war
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

hiroshima

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 09:47:47 AM »
Personally I think the whole mideast incursion is an attempt by the Illuminati world shadow government to "retake Babylon" and that this will be their first formal human sacrifice.  Look for his execution to correspond to some astrolological event, Babylonian holiday, and/ or to have some numerological significance.  The oil is just an excuse; the world is moving toward renewable energy sources anyway.

I don't believe in cap. punishment, to answer the initial post.

richard

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 10:05:29 AM »
good. i hope they put his hanging on tv

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 10:05:35 AM »
Personally I think the whole mideast incursion is an attempt by the Illuminati world shadow government to "retake Babylon" and that this will be their first formal human sacrifice. 
Of course, that is obviously the most logical conclusion!  But don't you think Dracula might be involved in some way?
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

richard

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 10:09:30 AM »
Personally I think the whole mideast incursion is an attempt by the Illuminati world shadow government to "retake Babylon" and that this will be their first formal human sacrifice. 
Of course, that is obviously the most logical conclusion!  But don't you think Dracula might be involved in some way?
haha true. im so sick of these people thinking there is some secret government lurking in the shadows, there aint shit like that. its all a spinoff of religious babble bullshit.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 11:00:40 AM »
I'm against capital punishment, and think that the trial should have been held in Hague.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

thepeaguy

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 11:24:31 AM »
Looks like America's puppet dictator is passed his sell-by-date.

Scrapheap

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 11:24:51 AM »
Personally I think the whole mideast incursion is an attempt by the Illuminati world shadow government to "retake Babylon" and that this will be their first formal human sacrifice.  Look for his execution to correspond to some astrolological event, Babylonian holiday, and/ or to have some numerological significance.  The oil is just an excuse; the world is moving toward renewable energy sources anyway.

I don't believe in cap. punishment, to answer the initial post.

The Illuminati is just a cover story for the Worldwide Frankenstein Computer-God Containment Policy. ::)

Scrapheap

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 11:25:54 AM »

Since when was Saddam ANYBODY'S puppet??

thepeaguy

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 11:30:16 AM »

Well, he was trained by the CIA, just like our good pal Mr Bin-Liner.

Silly 21st century Roman.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 12:09:48 PM »
They're letting him off easy.  When will the political world respect that in our justice system there exists an unofficial but prevelant punishment known as prison rape, and that it is extremely effective in making prisoners lives hell on earth.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline drewtheyellow

• Aspie Elite
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 12:26:17 PM »
Death penalty is fine with me and everyone knew he was guilty in the first place. Finally, I do not care how Saddam is killed, but if he is killed on the taxpayers dime then use the cheapest method possible.

Well, he was trained by the CIA, just like our good pal Mr Bin-Liner.
Everybody has been either the puppet of the US or the USSR. It is difficult to name the people that have been in power that long that HAVEN'T been a puppet for one of the major powers. This cannot really be considered America turning its back on one of its puppets though considering that Saddam hasn't been our puppet for over a decade or so.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 12:37:07 PM »
I had an argument with a friend about osama bin laden.  Because they said that if they ever caught osama bin laden, then wouldn't hold his trial in a state that had the death penality.  And i'm like, "I don't care."  My friend was like, "I'll blow the towel off his head."  Cause that is who I hang out with.  He was all bent out of shape about it.  "How come you aint upset, I know you're pro death penality, how come this don't make you mad?"  Me?  Because I know spiritually osama bin laden is prepared to die for islam.  But I guarentee you that spiritually osama bin laden is ill prepared to lick jelly out of Thunderdick's buttcrack.
Osama:  "I hate grape jelly."
Thunderdick: "Shut up and lick my butt."

And you gotta do a good job too, because you're in this until thunderdick comes it aint just a nah nah there i did it.  No gotta you try.  You gotta tickle the inside of thunderdicks thigh.  You gotta fondle thunderdicks nutsack a little bit.  Because if you don't make him come pretty quick... you're gonna run out of jelly.

This whole routine is paraphrase from a ron white bit.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.