Author Topic: Is it racist to not want to date outside of your race ?  (Read 8017 times)

eris

Is it racist to not want to date outside of your race ?
« on: August 27, 2011, 06:56:18 PM »
I have posted this at a few other forums and it always turns into a big fight and ends up getting locked. I know you guys arent so sensitive so Im bringing up a really tough subject for me.

Ive never really been attracted to anyone but white, jewish, or spanish men. And I dont know why. I love black people ! I have a lot of black friends and native american friends and all kinds of friends.

I do not think anything ill of any race and genuinely think all men are created equal.

Then what the hell ? I have always been bothered by this. It is not that I think they are "unattractive" I am just not really into it. IDK why. Not only that but I dont really like blonds or redheads or guys with muscles either. So I like skinny dark haired boys and that is it. Why ?

Is this racist ? I hope not. I dont think I am but there must be something about my wiring that makes me like this.

would you date outside of your race ?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:15:54 PM by eris »

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: Is it racist to not want to date outside of your race ?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 07:13:17 PM »
It's only racist if you actively discriminate by saying , you wouldn't date them because they are black and beneath you, or stuff like that.

The fact that you don't date black guys is a matter of taste , the fact you aren't as attracted to them as you are white guys.
I'm the same my cousin is the opposite , she pretty much ONLY likes black men but we both agree on asian men. :laugh:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

eris

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 07:16:50 PM »
Yes I think it is just what I find esthetically pleasing.

When I was 12 I had a black boyfriend for like a week and sometimes we would smile at each other and we held hands once :D

Does that count ?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
No. I dont think its racist. I am attracted to certain races more than others. This doesnt mean I would rule out a relationship with the races Im not attracted to, and it certainly doesnt mean I wouldnt be friends with those people.
Being attracted to certain races is no worse than prefering blondes over brunettes.
I like white people, as well as asian, and obviously Jews and Hispanics. I like lighter black people,but not so much very dark blaxk people.
For some reasonIm very attracted to Indian/Pakistani people, alrhough, obviously without the religion.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 07:32:23 PM »
OMG you racist :zoinks:

There is nothing wrong with the way you feel it's not racist it's sexual preference.  It's not like you wouldn't be their friend or associate with them you just don't want to have sex with them
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Psychophant

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 07:37:08 PM »
It isn't racist, it's personal preference.  What attracts you??  Racist is a whole other ball of wax. 

eris

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 07:42:18 PM »
what attracts me. hmm, being scrawny, punk rock, with pale skin and dark hair.

I guess if I like found a person of a different race that fit those criteria I would go for it. Like I would date an Armenian or something like that. Maybe arab if they were very pale.

The smallness is really more important though. I found a pair of Jeffs pants and the size said "16" and that confused me, so I asked a male friend and he said that means they were little boys sizes :D 

Osensitive1

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 08:07:34 PM »
Agree, personal attraction isn't racism.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 08:08:56 PM »
It's just your preference. Like CBC said! I have had the opportunity to date black women, but I am just not interested. For some reason, I always end up with short brunettes, but have also dated (not slept with) and am attracted to tall blondes.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 09:20:22 PM »
No it's not at all racist.  I am not really attracted to some races either   -  and i ain't gonna
bother dating them just to appear to be non racist.  Fuck that!
blah blah blah

eris

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 09:34:46 PM »
phew ! Im alright I guess 8)

It really did bother me, though. I always wondered why I am like this. But it is true, I only like skinny dark haired boys. It's not like I am "racist" against blonds I suppose.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 11:08:10 PM »
It's just your preference. Like CBC said! I have had the opportunity to date black women, but I am just not interested. For some reason, I always end up with short brunettes, but have also dated (not slept with) and am attracted to tall blondes.

I hadn't posted yet but that's what I *would* have said.  ;)  All my crushes are on white guys, that's just how it happens.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 01:02:33 AM »
I like pale skin, dark hair and dark eyes. And I got that with GA. :)

I guess if you didn't want to talk or associate with other races, that would be considered racist. But you are not racist. Makes me wonder what was said on other boards to get the threads locked?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 01:08:58 AM »
Yes I was waiting for someone to spell out what I was thinking and Bodie did this.
If someone was to tell someone else that un less they slept with a member of a designated subset then they were not  bigotted then this would be ridiculous.
"You don't hate old people do you. I think you are a bigot against old people. No......prove it...sleep with one"
Take out the old people and slot in whatever you like and it will still read badly.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 02:41:42 AM »
I personally don't think there is any problem; you date who you want. I know of whites who go out with darkies (the males are gin-jockeys if the woman is black. Dunno the term for the reverse).

Among muslim men/women people have become racist because of the hatred toward them brought on by the war on terror and all that shit. But as far as dating or screwing other races, and whether you do or don't, it's mostly up to whoever is involved.