Educational

Author Topic: WTF, Trigger???  (Read 5058 times)

Scrapheap

Re: WTF, Trigger???
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2011, 05:29:36 AM »
Someone blindfold and whip me.  :squiddy:

fixed.  :green:

Scrapheap

« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2011, 05:33:10 AM »
Looking at all of this, I'd have to say that PMS did over-react a little.

Of course it's her right to over-react and everyone elses right to point it out.

Hopefully Trigger doesn't get stuck with the stalker label because he doesn't deserve it.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2011, 08:29:06 AM »
I don't like MLA and he doesn't like me,

I don't dislike you, I barely know you.  Compare how I interact with you and how I interact with people I genuinely dislike and you will see a major difference.  You don't like me because I called you out on your bullshit.  This is something that will happen often here.  :dunno:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
Someone blindfold and whip me.  :squiddy:

fixed.  :green:

Well of course that is appreciated too.  :zoinks:  :eyebrows:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2011, 09:40:46 AM »
I am sure Elle is an excellent therapist.  I have studied psychology,  not to that level,  done A level and then 2 out of a 3 year diploma course.  You know why i didn't get a degree?  it was too damn
difficult!  People think it is a fairly easy subject.  It's not.  It is a science, and it's damn hard.

The one thing that i found out from it -  yeah it's great as you are often able to help others, and
see different viewpoints.  Yourself?  oh forget it!  psycho analyse yourself and it is just useless!

For some reason (me personally)  i found having these tools that seemed to benefit friends etc
rendered me more confused,  and even less able to sort out my own mess.

:LOL:
blah blah blah

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2011, 08:40:42 PM »
^I agree with studying psychology to be hard. I am in my third year and I still feel like I hardly know anything though. And I think at the moment I would be crap at being a therapist. I need people skills.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

midlifeaspie

« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2011, 08:18:07 AM »
I was a Psych major for three semesters, after five of Biology and before my final major of English Lit.  This is why it took me 6 years to earn my degree.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2011, 08:39:29 AM »
I was a Psych major for three semesters, after five of Biology and before my final major of English Lit.  This is why it took me 6 years to earn my degree.

I think it takes a lot of hard work and determination to get a degree,  so well done to whoever has one!
I failed.  I was spreading myself a bit too thin i think as i was working a lot at the time.  Plus being a bit on the dippy side.  Anyway it's certainly something to be proud of.

and ren,  keep at it, you will get there and it will be worth it!
blah blah blah

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2011, 06:21:45 AM »
^Thanks. :) I still haven't worked out what I will do with the degree, study more, or get a job.

Hubert, what was your degree for in the end?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

midlifeaspie

« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2011, 10:24:20 AM »
^Thanks. :) I still haven't worked out what I will do with the degree, study more, or get a job.

For?  Liberal Arts degrees aren't really "for" anything ;)

It proved that I could stick with something long enough to gain a degree, and it proves that I know how to learn.  I don't use it in any way in my current job.  If I decide to go to law school it will be pretty useful.  My GPA and LSAT scores combined with the fact that many law schools are trying to beef up their English admissions gives me almost guaranteed acceptance to the schools closest to me right now.  Unfortunately, hard to do with a young family in tow.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2011, 10:48:17 AM »

It proved that I could stick with something long enough to gain a degree, and it proves that I know how to learn.  I don't use it in any way in my current job.  If I decide to go to law school it will be pretty useful.  My GPA and LSAT scores combined with the fact that many law schools are trying to beef up their English admissions gives me almost guaranteed acceptance to the schools closest to me right now.  Unfortunately, hard to do with a young family in tow.

What were your LSAT scores?  I think you would be a good attorney.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2011, 12:48:19 PM »

What were your LSAT scores?  I think you would be a good attorney.

90th percentile.

Thanks  :-[