Author Topic: 11 year old boy calls police over having to do chores.  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: 11 year old boy calls police over having to do chores.
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2011, 01:10:36 PM »
I have to say I have done something sort of similar before when my daughter was running away from me and I couldn't catch her.  I called out after her, "Have a good life, Sweetie!"  Then she turned around and ran back to me, outraged with me for saying that to her.

:lol:

Was the diva-like behaviour that probably follwed that worth it? :laugh:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 03:20:40 PM »
I have to say I have done something sort of similar before when my daughter was running away from me and I couldn't catch her.  I called out after her, "Have a good life, Sweetie!"  Then she turned around and ran back to me, outraged with me for saying that to her.

It was, because I couldn't catch her.

I tried the same thing on the beach in Delaware when she was running away because she didn't like that it was getting dark and the beach was closing, but I guess she couldn't hear me because she kept right on running.  I had to run back and get my husband to chase her down and catch her.  I'm not a fast runner.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 05:58:28 PM »

I tried the same thing on the beach in Delaware when she was running away because she didn't like that it was getting dark and the beach was closing, but I guess she couldn't hear me because she kept right on running.  I had to run back and get my husband to chase her down and catch her.  I'm not a fast runner.

I had heard that comment used, but wasn't sure if it was real or not. Here, they just tell you not to swim after dark because of the chance you will get lost in the water, and no-one can rescue you.

What is probably meant, is the lifeguards go off duty at sundown. And that is fair enough.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2011, 06:15:59 PM »

I had heard that comment used, but wasn't sure if it was real or not. Here, they just tell you not to swim after dark because of the chance you will get lost in the water, and no-one can rescue you.

What is probably meant, is the lifeguards go off duty at sundown. And that is fair enough.

We had just been told by some lifeguards or park rangers in a vehicle driving on the beach that the beach was closing and that we had to leave.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2011, 07:38:13 PM »

We had just been told by some lifeguards or park rangers in a vehicle driving on the beach that the beach was closing and that we had to leave.

No worries.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 06:47:15 AM »
That couldn't happen here, the beaches are vast and too big to monitor in that way. Not much fun being at the beach at night though.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 03:44:34 PM »
That couldn't happen here, the beaches are vast and too big to monitor in that way. Not much fun being at the beach at night though.

My husband and I walked along a beach at night when we were on our honeymoon in Cancun and that was pretty fun for us, since there weren't many other people there, but I get your point.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 06:07:17 AM »

I always liked it at night so peaceful.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2011, 07:45:01 AM »
Went with 2 girlfriends to the beach one year in the "off" season.

Used to sneak out of room at 1:00 am and go sit on the beach by myself.
I think it was supposed to be closed...stars + ocean + NO people = awesome.

One of my best memories.

Offline steadfast

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 11:40:04 AM »
My teenage daughter did almost the same thing. She called the police and said she was being abused. The police came and explained to her that it is not abuse when your parents won't buy you another pair of  designer jeans.

What did you do after the police left?

BTW,  :welcome:  to Intensitysquared.

It was just another drama queen moment in a life full of them. We had to move to a cheaper area when we lost a lot of our money and she blamed us for making her leaving her friends. Later we found a boy in her bed at 2:00 am and when we kicked him out, she stole our car and drove over 200 miles away back to our old town. She caused an accident on the way so the police stopped her and called us. She told her counselors at school how mean we were to her and that we wouldn't let her go to college (a lie). We let her use our car to go to work at McDonald's and then learned that she was letting all her friends drive it. She was also having sex with co-workers in the freezer room! She hated us so much that we let her move out before she turned 18. Then she told everyone that we kicked her out. My parents believed her and blamed us and decided to drop us out of their lives. Then she had a baby and moved near my parents. They co-signed on a student loan and a car loan for her, and again blamed us for not co-signing ourselves. When her baby was 5 she decided that she was tired of being a parent and asked everyone in the family to take my grandchild. We couldn't take her because my husband has a progressive disease and needs quiet. She finally got the father's stepmother to take her. Then my parents decided that to cut her out their lives but they never admitted to us that they were wrong. All this time I always gave my daughter money when she needed it. She complained about my parents and I reminded her how much they had helped her - her response "what have they done for me lately?" not kidding!
She isn't autistic; why would you think that? Autistic kids wouldn't do something like that. I know because I have one. Once my disruptive daughter left, he was so much happier and calmer. We all were.
She is a pathological liar. Everyone believes what she says because she believes it herself. Guess what she is doing now? Going to law school - the perfect career for her!
Thanks for the welcome.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 12:35:15 PM »
Kit?

eris

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 01:18:30 PM »
Ive never seen the ocean, or a beach. I went to lake Erie when i was like a baby but that doesnt count :(

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 03:23:27 PM »
My teenage daughter did almost the same thing. She called the police and said she was being abused. The police came and explained to her that it is not abuse when your parents won't buy you another pair of  designer jeans.

It was just another drama queen moment in a life full of them. We had to move to a cheaper area when we lost a lot of our money and she blamed us for making her leaving her friends. Later we found a boy in her bed at 2:00 am and when we kicked him out, she stole our car and drove over 200 miles away back to our old town. She caused an accident on the way so the police stopped her and called us. She told her counselors at school how mean we were to her and that we wouldn't let her go to college (a lie). We let her use our car to go to work at McDonald's and then learned that she was letting all her friends drive it. She was also having sex with co-workers in the freezer room! She hated us so much that we let her move out before she turned 18. Then she told everyone that we kicked her out. My parents believed her and blamed us and decided to drop us out of their lives. Then she had a baby and moved near my parents. They co-signed on a student loan and a car loan for her, and again blamed us for not co-signing ourselves. When her baby was 5 she decided that she was tired of being a parent and asked everyone in the family to take my grandchild. We couldn't take her because my husband has a progressive disease and needs quiet. She finally got the father's stepmother to take her. Then my parents decided that to cut her out their lives but they never admitted to us that they were wrong. All this time I always gave my daughter money when she needed it. She complained about my parents and I reminded her how much they had helped her - her response "what have they done for me lately?" not kidding!
She isn't autistic; why would you think that? Autistic kids wouldn't do something like that. I know because I have one. Once my disruptive daughter left, he was so much happier and calmer. We all were.
She is a pathological liar. Everyone believes what she says because she believes it herself. Guess what she is doing now? Going to law school - the perfect career for her!
Thanks for the welcome.

I hope that your daughter does well in law school.  I know someone who went to law school when he was a little older and now he's a lawyer who does pretty well.  How old is your granddaughter now?  Do you and your husband get to see her?

Kit probably wondered whether or not she was autistic because she wondered if maybe your daughter called the police because of a similar literal mindset that my daughter has of police being authority figures who can fix almost any situation.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2011, 08:05:10 PM »

Thanks for the welcome.

I hope that your daughter does well in law school.  I know someone who went to law school when he was a little older and now he's a lawyer who does pretty well.  How old is your granddaughter now?  Do you and your husband get to see her?

Kit probably wondered whether or not she was autistic because she wondered if maybe your daughter called the police because of a similar literal mindset that my daughter has of police being authority figures who can fix almost any situation.

Yeah exactly and this is an autism forum so it will always make me wonder. Plus autistic parents are more likely to have autistic kids.