Educational

Author Topic: 11 year old boy calls police over having to do chores.  (Read 3636 times)

Osensitive1

Re: 11 year old boy calls police over having to do chores.
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 09:57:43 PM »
Reminds me of the time when my sister was 3 years old and rang 999 calling the police a fat duck. They came round our house immediately saying she'd called them a fat fuck, but of course when my dad asked for their tapes to prove it they backed down. They still gave her a telling off though :laugh:
:laugh: Were they fat?

:lol:

How would she have known over the phone whether they were or not?
She said they got all butthurt and came to the house immediately. Am guessing anyone would know a 3 year old is a kid over the phone, so thought maybe it was a good guess and they were fat judging from the quick response.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 12:20:23 AM »
Yet another brat.

Or did he take it all literal and thought it was real labor and couldn't tell the difference between chores and labor?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 03:26:56 PM »
Yet another brat.

Or did he take it all literal and thought it was real labor and couldn't tell the difference between chores and labor?

Happy to see you commenting on something that isn't WP related  :clap:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 04:51:01 PM »
Yet another brat.

Happy to see you commenting on something that isn't WP related  :clap:

Or shit related.  :P
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline steadfast

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 11:18:25 PM »
My teenage daughter did almost the same thing. She called the police and said she was being abused. The police came and explained to her that it is not abuse when your parents won't buy you another pair of  designer jeans.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 12:12:37 AM »
My teenage daughter did almost the same thing. She called the police and said she was being abused. The police came and explained to her that it is not abuse when your parents won't buy you another pair of  designer jeans.

What did you do after the police left?

BTW,  :welcome:  to Intensitysquared.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 01:29:07 AM »

Is she autistic or not autistic?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 08:47:43 AM »

You need an intro thread

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 02:09:29 PM »

Am just wondering to myself... how many phone calls like these do the police get on a regular basis?

Maybe they have an official Child Discipline Unit (CDU) to handle them.  :LOL:
Flibbit.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 01:05:09 AM »

Am just wondering to myself... how many phone calls like these do the police get on a regular basis?

Maybe they have an official Child Discipline Unit (CDU) to handle them.  :LOL:

I wonder if the kid gets an hour of Elmo and Big Bird while being put on hold.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 06:09:50 PM »
Gee, that would speak volumes about a parent if they had to contact a "CDU" to handle their child, more than it would the child.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 08:36:21 AM »
Gee, that would speak volumes about a parent if they had to contact a "CDU" to handle their child, more than it would the child.

That's a good point actually.

Calling the police over things like that is "normal" child behaviour because in their logic police probably = a higher authority.
So in some bizarre way they are actually proving they have a grasp on authority because something they think is unfair they are reportng to an authority :laugh:

Although on the other hand , it is always good to call in help if you are struggling as a parent rather than just try to tough it out I guess.  :dunno:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 10:18:07 AM »

That's a good point actually.

Calling the police over things like that is "normal" child behaviour because in their logic police probably = a higher authority.
So in some bizarre way they are actually proving they have a grasp on authority because something they think is unfair they are reportng to an authority :laugh:

Although on the other hand , it is always good to call in help if you are struggling as a parent rather than just try to tough it out I guess.  :dunno:

My daughter had never actually called the police herself, but she says she wants to call the police all the time over relatively minor upsets.  I think that's a good point that she sees the police as a sort of higher authority.

Maybe that's the same mindset that the woman had who took her six year old daughter to the police station to tattle on her for doing something naughty and wound up arrested for child endangerment and involved with Child Protective Services.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/24/couple-leaves-daughter-at_n_827368.html

Osensitive1

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 10:23:28 AM »
Poor kid.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 10:44:50 AM »
Poor kid.
:agreed:

I think that the mother had some crazy idea that she could scare her daughter into behaving better, since a similar ruse worked for a friend's child.  However, I think letting a young child believe you will abandon them is a terrible idea that's bound to backfire in all sorts of ways.

I have to say I have done something sort of similar before when my daughter was running away from me and I couldn't catch her.  I called out after her, "Have a good life, Sweetie!"  Then she turned around and ran back to me, outraged with me for saying that to her.