Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 168959 times)

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #6030 on: August 18, 2013, 09:42:50 PM »
Frustrated-when I DIDN'T want depleted uranium, it was about. Now I want some I cannot find any DU for the fuck of me.

Problem is, ex fuel stocks are no good to me, being contaminated with trace levels of plutonium and neptunium.

Planning on buying a Caribbean island, Lestat?

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6031 on: August 18, 2013, 10:03:12 PM »
I bloody wish!

And the point is I DON'T want 235U, plutonium traces, or neptunium in there, but rather, want some isotopically pure, or as close to as possibly so, 238U (depleted uranium). Because I want to try transmuting it myself, building a particle accelerator, and analysing the results via induction-coupled plasma mass spec (I wish I had the money for my own unit, but outsource that bit obviously) for isotope analysis of the resulting metal in thin metallic foil target form, after neutron bombardment, which ideally should produce mainly 239Pu and neptunium isotopes, and bits and shits of the decay chain daughter isotopes of higher actinides like americium, etc.

Not in any quantity even a fraction of what would be needed to build a weapon, just for element collection samples, and having actually DONE the work myself from scratch.

So if Pu and Np are already there, from spent DU munitions (some is reactor leavings, some is enrichment leavings), then it would from the start, bugger up any analysis post-irradiation of targets and fuck up one's analysis. Which would be a right shit, putting all that effort in and then finding the depleted uranium was garbage from the start.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #6032 on: August 18, 2013, 10:37:23 PM »
I feel kinda sick, but I don't know why.  I think it was something I ate.  I might've left that sauce sitting out for too long. 

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #6033 on: August 18, 2013, 10:47:25 PM »
Like I'm going to have diarrhea.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6034 on: August 18, 2013, 11:07:18 PM »
Sleepy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6035 on: August 19, 2013, 03:27:04 AM »
Good, really good.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6036 on: August 19, 2013, 03:44:22 AM »
Cheapskates. And yeah, tell me about it, my knee does that all the time, and makes a nasty crunching sound when it does. Either that or locks in place. Got into a physio program though at least now, after over a year of waiting.

I'm perfectly fine with the Cocodomol. I dislike taking painkillers anyway, strong ones much more so.

Work is going to be fun. Supposed to be racking a 97kg UPS tomorrow - that ain't happening now.

Are you ligaments that flexible, that you dislocate your shoulder and knee that often?

I only came close to full dislocation after a fall from a flight of stairs with a baby in  my arm. Turned around not to get the baby hurt, and my shoulder took it all, but it popped into place right away. Did hurt a tad though.  :P Went to the GP three days later, who told me it was pain after dislocation.
My youngest had a little bone in her wrist dislocating a few times, as a toddler. It would snap into place by itself, but did need a week of wrapping it up when she did that. She never had it again after she turned three.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6037 on: August 19, 2013, 09:53:50 AM »
Never dislocated my wrist. Other places yes. Have had a hairline fracture in my left wrist. Courtesy of some slimy little charver scrotum-ferret, who in my college days, walked up to me from the street, cursed at me, and tried to spit in both my dinner and my face.

Luckily for his continued being permitted to depart alive. Or rather, to be permitted to lie in his little moaning, bloodied ball of whimpering agony amidships his helm of broken glass splinters. Arsehole was after getting his little faggot friends to come over and  waylay me fucking pikey rat bastard, spineless little yellowlivered maggot was planning I foiled that, by more or less jumping him, decking him in the temple as hard as I could swing, whilst wearing a set of leather straps loaded with pointy steel spikes. Aimed a few good kicks and knees to various places in his nadgers, ribcage, face etc. Picked up this noxious chump's bike, and proceeded to first                                                                                                                                                                                                               
Wrapped his bike round him for a necklace, generallly giving him another beating., Dropkicked his ugly little social cancer self through the glass part of a phone box booth, shatttering it  (and probably him to a degree)

I don't go round dishing out violence with extreme prejudice without a VERY good reason, I don't like to have fight; it is messy, bloody, involves straining, lots of  buggering about; sweating like a pig, working up a massive appetite, ending  as it all started, an ugly little prick needing a severe, rapid and just-this-side of terminal beasting.

That he got, and more. spitting at me...ew. No. Just...no. Not happening. And CERTainly he is not beong permitted to get up and fuck off, summon backup and go laugh about gobbing at my lunch/face.

So I just take a run up, and chin him. HARD. very, very, very hard indeed in fact and quite enough to drop the noxioiois fucking wank-rag and make sure it STAYS taking a broken glass facial spa nap.

Whilst back in class, a bit late, having to explain the whole shite business and clusterfuck; only it ended up starting to hurt like fuck and swell pretty badl

Pleased. I got paid. Which means, after buying nosh and a couple of crates of cold beer

And paid more than enough to get LOTS of cold drink, ice lollies, ice cream, food, fags, beer etc., pay off the £14.50 I owed my old man and have more than enough  for the turbomolecular pump i want for the cyclotron project to be.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #6038 on: August 19, 2013, 11:54:07 AM »
Disappointed.  Bill McKibbin is holding a talk in my town, and I can't go.  It's in three hours or so and I'll be too tired.  Hell, I'm already too tired.  I need to get my schedule on track, so that's what I'll be doing today.  I will go until after dinner.  And I'll set my alarm for eight hours later.  Maybe keep it there.  But I am way too sleepy.  I ordered a pizza, though.  I'm anticipating its arrival.  Actually, I think I hear the delivery car in my drive way, so I'm really excited too.  Pizza!!!!!!!!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6039 on: August 19, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »
Hungry.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6040 on: August 19, 2013, 02:24:49 PM »
Accomplished

Sleepless night
Doctor visit at 8 a.m. - PA
Doctor visit at 9:45 with x-rays - QV
Home for 30 minute nap
Food run for lunch
Lab tests - PA
X-ray - PA
Doctor visit at 1:45 - PA
Bank visit to get another debit card
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #6041 on: August 19, 2013, 07:54:30 PM »
Disappointed.  Bill McKibbin is holding a talk in my town, and I can't go.  It's in three hours or so and I'll be too tired.  Hell, I'm already too tired.  I need to get my schedule on track, so that's what I'll be doing today.  I will go until after dinner.  And I'll set my alarm for eight hours later.  Maybe keep it there.  But I am way too sleepy.  I ordered a pizza, though.  I'm anticipating its arrival.  Actually, I think I hear the delivery car in my drive way, so I'm really excited too.  Pizza!!!!!!!!

Is the talk available online? Perhaps you can watch it now.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #6042 on: August 20, 2013, 04:26:56 AM »

Is the talk available online? Perhaps you can watch it now.

Perhaps.  But I would only be hearing things that agree with my biases.  I was going to show up in my Green Party t-shirt and look for people that I knew.  Like the Obamacrats I met earlier in the year  :trollface:

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #6043 on: August 20, 2013, 03:16:29 PM »
Cheapskates. And yeah, tell me about it, my knee does that all the time, and makes a nasty crunching sound when it does. Either that or locks in place. Got into a physio program though at least now, after over a year of waiting.

I'm perfectly fine with the Cocodomol. I dislike taking painkillers anyway, strong ones much more so.

Work is going to be fun. Supposed to be racking a 97kg UPS tomorrow - that ain't happening now.

Are you ligaments that flexible, that you dislocate your shoulder and knee that often?

I only came close to full dislocation after a fall from a flight of stairs with a baby in  my arm. Turned around not to get the baby hurt, and my shoulder took it all, but it popped into place right away. Did hurt a tad though.  :P Went to the GP three days later, who told me it was pain after dislocation.
My youngest had a little bone in her wrist dislocating a few times, as a toddler. It would snap into place by itself, but did need a week of wrapping it up when she did that. She never had it again after she turned three.

My right shoulder, no, it's usually pretty stable. Give me something to hold onto at waist height, though, and I can freely pop my left in and out.
My knee issues stem from the fact I also have dysplacia - my femur simply doesn't have enough of a "trough" for the patella to ride in, so it comes out. Normally, the anterior ligament would hold it in place, buuut....

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6044 on: August 20, 2013, 04:43:05 PM »
Have you tried a knee brace pika? Might help stop the popping out due to the dysplasia. I've worn one before when my iffy knee kept collapsing on me.

Hope your a tad less sore now mate.