Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 170929 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #5325 on: March 29, 2013, 04:18:03 PM »
No I can't, CBC, my bed isn't one of those adjustable ones.

Neither is my brother's.  He put some lumber under the posts at the head of the bed.  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Scrapheap

« Reply #5326 on: March 29, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
i think i would prefer baby oil

but it doesn't taste as good.

:bigcry:

How about a comprimise of olive oil??  :eyebrows:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5327 on: March 29, 2013, 07:03:18 PM »
Frustrated. 

They've re-done the flood maps for South Louisiana.  I can't tell how badly our house has fared in the new scheme.  I do know that we are literally "on the edge."  The line is just on the other side of the street.  But I can't figure out what it means because there are so many possibilities on the legend.  All I'm sure of is that our insurance premium will go up because no houses are grandfathered in.  We have been paying a low premium because our house was built before the National Flood Insurance Program was started, and therefore grandfathered in. 

I really feel for the people who live in the lower parishes.  Some homes will be paying over $8,000 in flood insurance per year.  An awful lot of the people have lived there for more than 3 generations.  They can't sell their property and leave because no one will buy it.  They can't afford the insurance, so the next hurricane may very well leave them destitute and homeless.
Do you have any idea when you might know for sure?

Our homeowners/flood insurance is renewed on 15 June each year.  As I understand it, the increase in premiums will be phased in over 3 (?) years.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #5328 on: March 29, 2013, 07:12:22 PM »
Posts, cbc? There aren't any. My bed is simply a one-piece, low profile flat frame stuck on casters, with a couple of drawers in one side.

Anyhow, I only sleep comfortably when I'm flat out. Not to mention that I wouldn't really want to balance the bed on anything if it stood any chance at all of it slipping out from underneath, such as if; for instance, I had to move it. The drawers are full of glassware a lot of the time, I'm running out of places to keep it all.

Flooding wise, we are pretty lucky right where my house is, compared to a lot of the rest of the area, whilst cheshire county area is in general very flat, a playing field not that far away acts as a sink due to its comparatively much lower elevation than where I am, as well as a nearby shallow brook/stream that could I imagine, mop up a fair bit of excess before coming close to bursting its banks.

Apparently the flood risk right here, is quite significantly less compared to even quite nearby, and we are pretty unlikely to get flooded out, even during really dismal weather.

Baby oil? its not so bad, just as long as the babies aren't past their use-by date, for best quality oil, they really do need to be freshly pressed :mischief:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5329 on: March 30, 2013, 04:12:13 AM »
No I can't, CBC, my bed isn't one of those adjustable ones.

And besides, I can only sleep comfortably lying flat, preferably on my front, and I HATE big padded pillows, they are so uncomfortable. I got pissed when I put an old pillow in the wash, that was old enough and used enough to have been completely squashed flat.

I am getting treatment for the reflux though, taking an antihistamine, ranitidine, a proton pump inhibitor, pantoprazole, and gaviscon as and when needed. The latter is helpful for other reasons too, as raising the urinary PH level retards excretion of my pain meds, not sure by how much, but the longer its kept floating about, so to speak, the better.

Also on hyoscine, at 30mg/d (as the quaternary ammonium butylbromide salt, which means the amine nitrogen has a permanent positive charge, and as such, is limited in the side effects its capable of causing, as quats don't pass the blood-brain barrier, but since the chemoreceptor trigger zone, the bit of the brain that tells people when their insides would prefer being outside lies outside the BBB, hyoscine butylbromide can't produce central signs of antimuscarinic toxicity)

Currently feeling pleasantly satisfied, with very tingly lips and tongue, after wolfing down nearly a whole roast chicken, minus some of one breast, which my folks split between them (my mom has severe MS and I think possibly developing some sort of dementia-type condition, so she eats very little, as she can't really move, and can't walk at all, she doesn't need the calories to sustain an active lifestyle)

So whenever they do a roast chicken, I end up being given almost the entire bird, which suits me. I usually put it in the fridge to get cold before eating it, but I was hungry this time, so couldn't be bothered waiting, and just slathered it in hot habanero chilli sauce, the way I always have it, and ate it right away.

Time to finish checking a few things online, take my chlormethiazole (sedative/anticonvulsant), my pain meds are kicking in already, then go sprawl out in bed with a good book and my pipe :)

And possibly drink some more of that hot pepper sauce, I love it.

Put a few bricks, or phonebooks under the posts at the head end of your bed. You'd still have the flat sensation you need, with a slightly raised bed.

Oh, just see you don't have posters.

A plank all the way under the casters at the head side of your bed, and something blocking the casters? Or would that ruin the effectiveness of the drawers underneath?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 04:18:08 AM by hykeaswell »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5330 on: March 30, 2013, 04:23:32 AM »
Frustrated. 

They've re-done the flood maps for South Louisiana.  I can't tell how badly our house has fared in the new scheme.  I do know that we are literally "on the edge."  The line is just on the other side of the street.  But I can't figure out what it means because there are so many possibilities on the legend.  All I'm sure of is that our insurance premium will go up because no houses are grandfathered in.  We have been paying a low premium because our house was built before the National Flood Insurance Program was started, and therefore grandfathered in. 

I really feel for the people who live in the lower parishes.  Some homes will be paying over $8,000 in flood insurance per year.  An awful lot of the people have lived there for more than 3 generations.  They can't sell their property and leave because no one will buy it.  They can't afford the insurance, so the next hurricane may very well leave them destitute and homeless.
Do you have any idea when you might know for sure?

Our homeowners/flood insurance is renewed on 15 June each year.  As I understand it, the increase in premiums will be phased in over 3 (?) years.

UGH!

That sucks, that flood-line can be changed so easily. I can see how they would apply this to new to build places, but the properties already existing, not fair.

(18 years ago, a city not far from here, was about to flood. To my utter amazement, a whole new city department was built at the winterbank of the river, just a few years later. That is space meant to flood. No one should be allowed to build there. And of course they afterwards complain that they live in a high-risk area. That was clear from the start. All goldcoast houses (for the rich) They should not be included in a flooding insurance, imo)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5331 on: March 30, 2013, 04:53:31 AM »
Feeling lazy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5332 on: March 30, 2013, 04:09:37 PM »
OK I guess,

Averted a meltdown, was on the brink of it, but got spared by sheer luck.

P7PSP

« Reply #5333 on: March 30, 2013, 04:27:43 PM »
Great. I finally got my taxes filed and my state and federal returns are pretty damn good.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5334 on: March 30, 2013, 07:11:50 PM »
Sore.

6ft railroad ties are heavy, rotten or not. :zombiefuck:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5335 on: March 30, 2013, 10:49:33 PM »
Didn't avert a meltdown.  :P
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline -

• Fresh Meat
  • -
« Reply #5336 on: March 30, 2013, 10:59:29 PM »
-
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:35:14 AM by odeon »

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #5337 on: March 30, 2013, 11:00:37 PM »
exausted. just got out of the hospital. walked home from town today and wound up with heat exaustion. got a massive headache, took some tylenol which unknown to me, had codine. i have an adverse reaction to codine, it makes me super hyper. it has now worn off and i am crashing like an x-wing shot down over the death star.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline -

• Fresh Meat
  • -
« Reply #5338 on: March 30, 2013, 11:01:30 PM »
-
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:34:50 AM by odeon »

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #5339 on: March 31, 2013, 05:43:31 AM »
Feel okay.. only my ears ache a bit.. but that's nothing new.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.