Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 168954 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #4605 on: October 30, 2012, 10:39:39 PM »
Old? You aren't that much older than me. :P

I am considering a med change since I have been experiencing night-time depression for the past year or so and it is getting worse. I feel generally dysthymic but at night it gets really bad. I am on an NRI at the moment (Edronax).

I hope you find a med that works better for you.  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4606 on: October 30, 2012, 11:14:45 PM »
Old? You aren't that much older than me. :P

I am considering a med change since I have been experiencing night-time depression for the past year or so and it is getting worse. I feel generally dysthymic but at night it gets really bad. I am on an NRI at the moment (Edronax).

I hope you find a med that works better for you.  :hug:
Thanks. :)

Last time I went to the doctor about a med change, he gave me information sheets about a whole bunch of antidepressants, Zoloft was one of them. I picked Edronax because that apparently helps with ADHD symptoms as well and I thought that would be treating two things with one med. Didn't really make a difference though. No antidepressant ever has. I have an appointment in November so I will ask about it then.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4607 on: October 31, 2012, 12:14:18 AM »
I never noticed immediate changes from Zoloft either. :-\

Not even things like vague not-quite-headaches, trembling in your extremities or sensations of mild agitation? I don't notice much effect after taking my pill each day when I've been on it for a while, since it's got a long half-life and eventually reaches a fairly stable level in the body with daily dosing, but the effects are quite significant and have a quick onset when I've been off it for a while and start back on it.  Sometimes I get a very slight euphoric effect from it for the first couple of days that reminds me a bit of MDMA (but much weaker and without the nice physical sensations).  Not this time unfortunately; this time I just got less depressed and anxious, with a side plate of not-quite-headaches, a little trembling, and some mild agitation, with the unpleasant side-effects peaking in the hours immediately after taking my dose and tailing off for the rest of the day.

Well, I've never attributed short-term symptoms to it. In my case Zoloft works well. It's coming off it that is terrible.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4608 on: October 31, 2012, 12:15:35 AM »
Just thinking about Zoloft makes me shaky and sick to my stomach.
I applaud the people that are brave enough to take medication for a mental issue. I was a wimp when it came to this, How do you know or what adverse side effects these things will have on you now or in the future? anyways cheers peter. I hope you feel better

I'm curently hungry but thats about it.  :P

I don't see I have a choice when it comes to meds. My OCD would be out of control.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4609 on: October 31, 2012, 12:16:14 AM »

I did.  I felt better the morning after my first dose.  I haz a speshul brain.  :nerdy:

My brain is speshulerer.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4610 on: October 31, 2012, 12:16:51 AM »
And I have a headache.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4611 on: October 31, 2012, 02:40:02 AM »
Crap. Sore and such, sad too.

And, I have a massive headache.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #4612 on: October 31, 2012, 08:58:16 AM »
Frosty.  :santa:
:skywarp:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #4613 on: October 31, 2012, 09:37:49 AM »

I did.  I felt better the morning after my first dose.  I haz a speshul brain.  :nerdy:

Placebo effect.  I am fairly certain that 24 hours on an SSRI would have no significant impact on brain chemistry.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:39:42 AM by One L »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4614 on: October 31, 2012, 09:44:35 AM »

Placebo effect.  I am fairly certain that 24 hours on an SSRI would have no significant impact on brain chemistry.

So I was told, but it certainly seemed real at the time.  :apondering:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

midlifeaspie

« Reply #4615 on: October 31, 2012, 09:50:11 AM »

So I was told, but it certainly seemed real at the time.  :apondering:

It's probably more powerful than the drugs themselves

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4616 on: October 31, 2012, 10:04:48 AM »

Not even things like vague not-quite-headaches, trembling in your extremities or sensations of mild agitation? I don't notice much effect after taking my pill each day when I've been on it for a while, since it's got a long half-life and eventually reaches a fairly stable level in the body with daily dosing, but the effects are quite significant and have a quick onset when I've been off it for a while and start back on it.  Sometimes I get a very slight euphoric effect from it for the first couple of days that reminds me a bit of MDMA (but much weaker and without the nice physical sensations).  Not this time unfortunately; this time I just got less depressed and anxious, with a side plate of not-quite-headaches, a little trembling, and some mild agitation, with the unpleasant side-effects peaking in the hours immediately after taking my dose and tailing off for the rest of the day.

Well, I've never attributed short-term symptoms to it. In my case Zoloft works well. It's coming off it that is terrible.
Zoloft worked well for me too. I was on it for years. I went off it in 2000 though and was med free for a long time but then needed something again. This time I tried Cipralex and it was definitely the best. Helps with anxiety as well. Currently off it though.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4617 on: October 31, 2012, 10:26:43 AM »

I doubt it takes more than a few hours for it to reach your brain and bind to the serotonin transporters.  It's the knock-on effects of the reuptake inhibition on the rest of the brain that take longer.  Think of it this way; if you take an overdose of it, I'm betting it doesn't hit you a month later.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #4618 on: October 31, 2012, 10:59:11 AM »

I doubt it takes more than a few hours for it to reach your brain and bind to the serotonin transporters.  It's the knock-on effects of the reuptake inhibition on the rest of the brain that take longer.  Think of it this way; if you take an overdose of it, I'm betting it doesn't hit you a month later.

Of course not.  My point being that inhibiting serotonin re-uptake is not adding serotonin.  The process of achieving the end result takes time.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #4619 on: October 31, 2012, 11:23:42 AM »
^This guy over-eats so he has tons of serotonin so he would know peter.
:skywarp: