Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 169171 times)

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #4590 on: October 30, 2012, 07:36:11 AM »
Cold and tired. Didn't have power most the night and therefore no heat either.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4591 on: October 30, 2012, 07:48:22 AM »
Going back on the sertraline has cured me of my suicidal ideation, but I don't feel overly fantastic with the side effects.
It worked that quickly? I thought it would take a couple of weeks. Still, I see that as a good thing. :)

The thing that takes weeks/months on SSRIs is for the effects from SSRI-induced neurogenesis in the hippocampus to kick in.  In the (possibly uncommon) case that your brain just needs more seratonin, an SSRI can fix the problem in a few hours.  I always notice a change within hours of starting on a new antidepressant (or restarting on one I've been on before).  It's usually a bad change, but there's always a change of some sort.  I also find that sertraline becomes less effective over time, probably because my neurons down-regulate their serotonin receptors to compensate for the increased supply of serotonin in the synapses, bringing me back towards my natural unhappy state, so it might be that the chemical imbalance theory of depression is more true for my brain than the neurogenesis theory.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4592 on: October 30, 2012, 07:57:26 AM »
Interesting. I have never noticed a change in mood from antidepressants. The only things that have changed my mood were ECT and Zeldox (ziprasidone) which is an antipsychotic and that gave me hypomania for a few weeks. Sometimes I wonder why I take an antidepressant but then I think I could be worse off without it and so am a bit fearful of stopping it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4593 on: October 30, 2012, 01:10:13 PM »
I never noticed immediate changes from Zoloft either. :-\

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4594 on: October 30, 2012, 02:26:04 PM »

Not even things like vague not-quite-headaches, trembling in your extremities or sensations of mild agitation? I don't notice much effect after taking my pill each day when I've been on it for a while, since it's got a long half-life and eventually reaches a fairly stable level in the body with daily dosing, but the effects are quite significant and have a quick onset when I've been off it for a while and start back on it.  Sometimes I get a very slight euphoric effect from it for the first couple of days that reminds me a bit of MDMA (but much weaker and without the nice physical sensations).  Not this time unfortunately; this time I just got less depressed and anxious, with a side plate of not-quite-headaches, a little trembling, and some mild agitation, with the unpleasant side-effects peaking in the hours immediately after taking my dose and tailing off for the rest of the day.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #4595 on: October 30, 2012, 02:40:18 PM »
Just thinking about Zoloft makes me shaky and sick to my stomach.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4596 on: October 30, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »
Buggering muscles are cramped up and hurting like buggers again.

TheoK

« Reply #4597 on: October 30, 2012, 02:47:08 PM »
Fortis es, Petre!  :viking:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4598 on: October 30, 2012, 03:24:28 PM »
I'm getting tired of being brave; I've been in pain or discomfort every time I move anything between my knees and my chest for the past month.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4599 on: October 30, 2012, 06:57:55 PM »
I feel terrible posting this after Peter's posts, but

I'm damn proud of myself.  It was a lot of standing, answering questions on the phone, cross-checking, etc.  But I did it.  I worked 7 10 hour days and made it. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #4600 on: October 30, 2012, 07:36:17 PM »
Just thinking about Zoloft makes me shaky and sick to my stomach.
I applaud the people that are brave enough to take medication for a mental issue. I was a wimp when it came to this, How do you know or what adverse side effects these things will have on you now or in the future? anyways cheers peter. I hope you feel better

I'm curently hungry but thats about it.  :P
:skywarp:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4601 on: October 30, 2012, 09:31:39 PM »

I did.  I felt better the morning after my first dose.  I haz a speshul brain.  :nerdy:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4602 on: October 30, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »

I did.  I felt better the morning after my first dose.  I haz a speshul brain.  :nerdy:
Do you still take it? If not, how long were you on it for, and was it easy to come off?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4603 on: October 30, 2012, 10:20:20 PM »

Do you still take it? If not, how long were you on it for, and was it easy to come off?

I think I took it for months, and I think it may just have stopped working and
   I may just have tapered off or stopped.  It was the 90s and my old brain forgets.  :prude:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4604 on: October 30, 2012, 10:30:57 PM »
Old? You aren't that much older than me. :P

I am considering a med change since I have been experiencing night-time depression for the past year or so and it is getting worse. I feel generally dysthymic but at night it gets really bad. I am on an NRI at the moment (Edronax).
Tek'ma'tae