Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 170719 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #4410 on: October 08, 2012, 10:03:56 AM »
It's a mixed bag. It's Thanksgiving here and I'm feeling incredibly thankful and grateful for the people I have in my life but also sad. Gram is dying. The oldest and I will be going to say our goodbyes on Wednesday if she lives that long. I don't have the youngest that day and I know seeing her Gram in such a state would be too upsetting and I don't want that to be her last memory of her so it's best she's with her Dad. But the oldest is okay with it and can separate it from all of the other memories he has of her.

After 95 years on the earth she has more than earned the right to say I'm tired and I'm ready to go but God I'm going to miss her. She's my best friend.

the whole family has said she has been hanging in there until she knew I would be okay and with the news I was given over the weekend and having a resolution in hand, I guess they were right.

I'm so sorry she's dying.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4411 on: October 08, 2012, 02:10:31 PM »
It's a mixed bag. It's Thanksgiving here and I'm feeling incredibly thankful and grateful for the people I have in my life but also sad. Gram is dying. The oldest and I will be going to say our goodbyes on Wednesday if she lives that long. I don't have the youngest that day and I know seeing her Gram in such a state would be too upsetting and I don't want that to be her last memory of her so it's best she's with her Dad. But the oldest is okay with it and can separate it from all of the other memories he has of her.

After 95 years on the earth she has more than earned the right to say I'm tired and I'm ready to go but God I'm going to miss her. She's my best friend.

the whole family has said she has been hanging in there until she knew I would be okay and with the news I was given over the weekend and having a resolution in hand, I guess they were right.

Hope you and your oldest can visit her come Wednesday. Wishing that to all three of you.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4412 on: October 08, 2012, 06:26:33 PM »
I'm sorry to read about your Grandma.  I have a feeling her best attributes will live on in you and your children. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4413 on: October 08, 2012, 07:39:19 PM »
I'm sorry MissKitty. :'(

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4414 on: October 08, 2012, 07:50:13 PM »
I feel sick

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4415 on: October 08, 2012, 08:00:48 PM »
Thanks, friends :hug: She is the most amazing woman.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

P7PSP

« Reply #4416 on: October 08, 2012, 08:34:31 PM »

My grandma was a year older when she exited. :hug:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4417 on: October 08, 2012, 11:12:45 PM »
Mine was 4 days short of 101 when she kicked the bucket. I think she willed herself to live past 100 and then gave up.

I'm so sorry, MK. :( :hug:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4418 on: October 09, 2012, 07:12:32 AM »
Thanks guys. She's waiting and I don't know why yet but she is. She has no more than 2 sips of water and 2 tsp of yogurt a day. Other than that she just sort of fades in and out. I suspect she may be waiting for my Mum. She's driving up from GA.

Today I feel tired. Definitely going to bed early tonight. :yawn:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

P7PSP

« Reply #4419 on: October 09, 2012, 07:47:30 AM »
Thanks guys. She's waiting and I don't know why yet but she is. She has no more than 2 sips of water and 2 tsp of yogurt a day. Other than that she just sort of fades in and out. I suspect she may be waiting for my Mum. She's driving up from GA.

My mother and aunt gave the dnr order for my grandma as per her wishes but were reluctant to okay the 3 mg sublingual morphine that was offered. I agitated for it because she was clearly in pain. She died within 8 hours. I am glad I called my siblings the day before because I knew she was going to go soon.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4420 on: October 09, 2012, 07:59:22 AM »

My mother and aunt gave the dnr order for my grandma as per her wishes but were reluctant to okay the 3 mg sublingual morphine that was offered. I agitated for it because she was clearly in pain. She died within 8 hours. I am glad I called my siblings the day before because I knew she was going to go soon.

Why were they reluctant to ok the morphine?  If my mum's on the way out, I'll tell the doctors/nurses to morphine her up liberally and keep her as comfortable as possible; doesn't matter if it shaves 24 hours or a week or whatever off the end of her life.  She's afraid of being in pain in hospital and not being given enough painkillers.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #4421 on: October 09, 2012, 08:32:43 AM »
I'm sorry to read about your grandmother also, MissK..  :hug: and strength.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4422 on: October 09, 2012, 09:26:22 AM »

we have a DNR order for her as well. Right now she's quite comfortable. Her kidneys are failing and she has an infection so we said yes to an antibiotic to deal with the infection but she's not in pain at all. My Mum leaves tomorrow morning and will be in town Thursday night. I leave tomorrow morning but will be back home by Thursday afternoon because I have to pick up the youngest from school.

P7PSP

« Reply #4423 on: October 09, 2012, 04:17:12 PM »
I Don't know why they were reluctant Peter. Maybe it was too active a measure for their comfort. They did okay it after I agitated. They had power of attorney and were executors of her estate.

MK that is good that your grandma is not hurting.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4424 on: October 09, 2012, 04:59:31 PM »
Feeling old since I realised that the last episode of Buffy was almost 10 years ago.  I decided to look up the cast to see how they were doing; turns out Sarah Geller is 35 and James Marsters is 50.  Also, I didn't know that Michelle Trachtenberg (Dawn) is just a year and a half younger than me.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?