Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 170446 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #3780 on: July 24, 2012, 02:34:59 PM »
Puking for past 24 hours.  Don't know if illness, food poisoning or stress.

So, it appears to be gallstones.  Go figure.  Looking back I have been having these attacks off and on since about 1996.  Anyone else deal with these?

My brother did.  He had dieted and lost some weight and he developed gallstones because of that, but he didn't know it.  Then he developed pancreatitis from the gallstones creating a blockage and didn't know what it was until it was too late.  He died a few years ago.

Does your doctor recommend laparoscopic surgery to remove your gallbladder?  If I had gallstones, I would want to deal with it as soon as possible but my experience is of course different from yours and I think developing pancreatitis from gallstones is a rare complication.

I'm not going to go the surgical route unless I absolutely have to.  It is the most commonly performed surgical procedure in the US, but I have anxiety about general anesthesia.  So, I just put up with it in the meantime.  At least I know what is causing it and how to avoid an attack.

TheoK

« Reply #3781 on: July 24, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »
Meh, my mum had her gallbladder removed in February :viking:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3782 on: July 24, 2012, 03:19:27 PM »
Meh, my mum had her gallbladder removed in February :viking:

Removing one's own gallbladder at home is BRAVE!   :arrr:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

TheoK

« Reply #3783 on: July 24, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »
 :laugh:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3784 on: July 24, 2012, 04:00:57 PM »
Such a mixed bag for me today. Emotions all over the place. Destiny is gone. The first needle (sedative) scared her until I picked her up off the table and she put her head under my chin and purred. As she drifted away from me her head slid to the crook of my arm and she looked up at me and I watched her pass. If only everyone were as lucky to be so loved and cherished when their time on earth was done.  I miss her. :heart:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3785 on: July 24, 2012, 04:19:34 PM »
Such a mixed bag for me today. Emotions all over the place. Destiny is gone. The first needle (sedative) scared her until I picked her up off the table and she put her head under my chin and purred. As she drifted away from me her head slid to the crook of my arm and she looked up at me and I watched her pass. If only everyone were as lucky to be so loved and cherished when their time on earth was done.  I miss her. :heart:

Euthanasia is a blessing.  I'm sorry again for your loss.  :hug:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3786 on: July 24, 2012, 05:46:24 PM »

Euthanasia is a blessing.  I'm sorry again for your loss.  :hug:
When my daughters friend was over last night she said "X, why are you killing your cat?" She asked in a very innocent way, as she's merely 7 and I talked to the girls about what Euthanasia is (she has a dog and cat but has never lost a pet before) and she said "Why can make our pets pain go away if they won't get better but we can't do it for people that we love too?" Good question, child.

I know everyone struggles with the loss of a pet but I'm really having a hard time with the sudden change in routine. When I go to sleep, she sleeps on top of me. And when I read, she curls up on my stomach. And when I'm on the computer she curls up on my lap. That's been my routine for nearly 20 years. I'm feeling lost without it.  :-\
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3787 on: July 24, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »
That was the same with me after Flo. She spent almost her whole time in my room for the last couple years (she seemed happy til the end btw, I don't mean she was confined to my room because of pain or anything. she was just old). And because of my social anxiety etc I spent more time than most people with her. Slept with her every night etc. It's hard. But it won't stay this hard. I still think about Flo a lot, and evven slip up sometimes and say Flo when I'm talking to Jess. But it's not painful like it used to be.

And MLA is right. It's much better for a cat to live a good long life with people who love her, and then be put "to sleep" in their arms. She will have felt safe with you there and felt no shock or pain that comes with a lot of other deaths

Flo was nearly 14 when she died. Not as old as Destiny but still quite old for a cat (especially as all our previous cats had died quite young after being hit by cars etc, apart from Flo's sister

But becuase I was quite young when we got her (eight) it felt like even longer. It's like it's all you've known, isn't it. So it's hard to adapt. But it will happen. You won't forget her obviously, I'm not saying that. But you'll adapt, and you'll no longer feel the same way you feel right now

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3788 on: July 24, 2012, 06:00:16 PM »
That was the same with me after Flo. She spent almost her whole time in my room for the last couple years (she seemed happy til the end btw, I don't mean she was confined to my room because of pain or anything. she was just old). And because of my social anxiety etc I spent more time than most people with her. Slept with her every night etc. It's hard. But it won't stay this hard. I still think about Flo a lot, and evven slip up sometimes and say Flo when I'm talking to Jess. But it's not painful like it used to be.

And MLA is right. It's much better for a cat to live a good long life with people who love her, and then be put "to sleep" in their arms. She will have felt safe with you there and felt no shock or pain that comes with a lot of other deaths

Flo was nearly 14 when she died. Not as old as Destiny but still quite old for a cat (especially as all our previous cats had died quite young after being hit by cars etc, apart from Flo's sister

But becuase I was quite young when we got her (eight) it felt like even longer. It's like it's all you've known, isn't it. So it's hard to adapt. But it will happen. You won't forget her obviously, I'm not saying that. But you'll adapt, and you'll no longer feel the same way you feel right now
:agreed:
I know. It's just that it's all still really fresh. I've had lots of pets over my lifetime but every once in awhile there's one that stands out above the rest. My dog passed away the day after my 20th birthday and I STILL can't think about her too much because I'll cry. I've had other pets since her but they didn't have as strong of an impact on me until Destiny. I just miss her and I do know it will get easier with time.

I didn't want her ashes but they're giving me her pawprint. It's imprinted in ceramic with her name underneath. Just something simple to remember her by. The vet was amazing. I've worked with him through the rescue and I drove an hour so that he could be the one who to do the procedure. Any other furry four leggeds that come into my family, I'll be using him as my vet.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3789 on: July 24, 2012, 06:12:44 PM »

You did your very best for her, right till the end.  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3790 on: July 24, 2012, 06:33:51 PM »
MissKitty

:hug:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #3791 on: July 24, 2012, 06:56:34 PM »
Agitated!
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3792 on: July 24, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »
I'm waiting for the Ambien to kick in, likeright about now and thern I'll take my melanoyin andwaske up tomorrew.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3793 on: July 24, 2012, 09:35:41 PM »
I'm waiting for the Ambien to kick in, likeright about now and thern I'll take my melanoyin andwaske up tomorrew.
Me thinks it kicked in just fine :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3794 on: July 25, 2012, 02:10:09 AM »
Very, very sleepy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein