Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 169539 times)

P7PSP

Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #3750 on: July 21, 2012, 05:07:57 PM »
Awful. Been crying since yesterday. I think I'm going to have to put my cat down this week. I've had her for 17 years and she's been through some truly awful things with me. I can't even begin to imagine not having her here but she's taken a sudden turn for the worse. It came out of the blue and those that are closest to me agree that it's not looking good.  :'(
:hug:

TheoK

« Reply #3751 on: July 21, 2012, 05:16:08 PM »
Horny, altough I jerked off 10 minutes ago. Tired but can't really sleep. A bit intoxicated from whisky  :violin:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3752 on: July 21, 2012, 05:20:38 PM »
So sorry Miss Kitty.  I been there.  It's an awful place to be.  I made a promise to myself when i got my first pet that i would never keep one alive simply because i wasn't ready to say goodbye.  You will know when the time is right, and if that time is now then my heart goes out to you.  :hug:
blah blah blah

TheoK

« Reply #3753 on: July 21, 2012, 05:22:45 PM »
Well, 17 years is old for a cat. Isn't it like over 100 years for a human being?

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3754 on: July 21, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »
Lit - She would be close to 100.

She's never been ill. I've been so lucky in that regard. I rescued her as a tiny feral kitten, the runt of the litter and the vet said she wouldn't live but a few weeks at most. She's always been tiny, but she's healthy and she's fiercely protective of me. She's seen what really went down in my marriage and she wouldn't leave my side for a second if I was scared. When I was hospitalized with pneumonia and the doctors said I could have easily died in my sleep, she would sit by me 24/7 and paw my face every hour to make sure I would wake up. I don't know. I've have a lot of pets over the years, but none like her. She's seen me experience some horrific things and she always made me feel safe.

So many changes have happened in my life lately and my best friend who I do rescue work says that she waited until the evil was out of the house and made sure that I had people to love me and support me and now that she knows I'm safe, it's okay to let go.  :'(
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #3755 on: July 21, 2012, 07:29:36 PM »
I feel like crying. I feel stupid.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3756 on: July 22, 2012, 12:43:39 AM »
Tired.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #3757 on: July 22, 2012, 01:26:04 AM »
I feel like crying. I feel stupid.
Cry if you must. You are not stupid. OTOH you might have done something stupid.  :dunno: We all do at one time or another.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3758 on: July 22, 2012, 02:52:36 AM »
I feel lively.  The sun is out.  It has got it's hat on whooop whooop!
 :checkout:

blah blah blah

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3759 on: July 22, 2012, 03:59:01 AM »
Awful. Been crying since yesterday. I think I'm going to have to put my cat down this week. I've had her for 17 years and she's been through some truly awful things with me. I can't even begin to imagine not having her here but she's taken a sudden turn for the worse. It came out of the blue and those that are closest to me agree that it's not looking good.  :'(

Kidneys?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3760 on: July 22, 2012, 04:33:57 AM »

I'm so sorry.  :hug:  What does the vet say?
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3761 on: July 22, 2012, 07:33:56 AM »

Kidneys?
I think stress from the kids coming and going. She cries outside the bedroom door of whatever child isn't here. At her age, the constant change is really difficult. She has a tumour that showed up 2 years ago but didn't change much and it's suddenly growing again. She scratched off a large scab on her back and it's not healing and the grand finale was she stopped using her litterbox. All in all, not good at all. But she *looks* healthy, runs around, snuggles etc. So it's hard to making the final call when she doesn't have some deathly disease. Sigh.

I'm so sorry.  :hug:  What does the vet say?
I will be seeing him tomorrow to talk about it when I take a friend's cat in to be put down. In short, this week is horrific.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3762 on: July 23, 2012, 02:45:10 AM »
^I feel awful for you upon reading this. Your cat sounds like she has been an awesome companion. And smart too.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Kaelyrhn

• The Tesseract Exception of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #3763 on: July 23, 2012, 06:37:07 AM »
Bipolar
I often post on my phone. Expect typos & errors.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #3764 on: July 23, 2012, 03:04:58 PM »
I'm working out/exercising again (i.e. lifting weights (5~10 mins) and cycling on my mountain bike for about an hour). Feels good already.. after three days.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.