Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 170553 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #3360 on: June 08, 2012, 11:33:28 PM »
And a tragic accident.

Preferably one of those accidents that happen to overconfident young boys, with more testosterone than they can handle.

Maybe getting him interested in fireworks is a good idea.

Not bad. I'd like to see something... more graphic, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3361 on: June 09, 2012, 05:58:50 AM »
And a tragic accident.

Preferably one of those accidents that happen to overconfident young boys, with more testosterone than they can handle.

Maybe getting him interested in fireworks is a good idea.

Too bad Lit is incommunicado.  Lit might be a good influence on odeon's boss.  >:D
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Kaelyrhn

• The Tesseract Exception of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #3362 on: June 09, 2012, 06:50:47 AM »
Why aren't you the boss?

Nobody asked me. :P

Most boss-wannabes don't wait to be asked.
I often post on my phone. Expect typos & errors.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3363 on: June 09, 2012, 07:09:02 AM »
Why aren't you the boss?

That's right, if you want power you must take it for yourself!  :pirate:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3364 on: June 10, 2012, 05:35:05 AM »
Not very good.

P7PSP

« Reply #3365 on: June 10, 2012, 08:32:36 AM »
I am a bit concerned about my foreman from my last job. He is a Lineman and got called out on a trouble call in a place called Bay City Texas and got nailed by 15,000 volts. Doctors are trying to save his left arm and get his kidneys functioning again last I heard through a mutual friend last night.

When an apprentice in my local blew off his left hand with a large firecracker back in 2007 the main reason the Drs worked to save his left hand initially was to get a max amount of healthy non necrotic skin to be able to amputate in an optimum spot to allow for best potential to use a prostethic. I was visiting Jesse in the hospital when the Dr told him this and right after the Dr left he started crying and asked me not to let the guys at work know he cried. I told him I wouldn't but I was damn close to it myself.

I am wondering if the Doctors in Texas are trying to save Henry's arm for the same reason. He is smart enough to get into a permanent office position but he will need rehab for his physical injuries and possible treatment for depression so an early retirement is a good possibility too. I have generally liked working on flightlines, heavy industry, refineries etc but when shit goes bad it can get really bad.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3366 on: June 10, 2012, 11:08:44 AM »
I am a bit concerned about my foreman from my last job. He is a Lineman and got called out on a trouble call in a place called Bay City Texas and got nailed by 15,000 volts. Doctors are trying to save his left arm and get his kidneys functioning again last I heard through a mutual friend last night.

When an apprentice in my local blew off his left hand with a large firecracker back in 2007 the main reason the Drs worked to save his left hand initially was to get a max amount of healthy non necrotic skin to be able to amputate in an optimum spot to allow for best potential to use a prostethic. I was visiting Jesse in the hospital when the Dr told him this and right after the Dr left he started crying and asked me not to let the guys at work know he cried. I told him I wouldn't but I was damn close to it myself.

I am wondering if the Doctors in Texas are trying to save Henry's arm for the same reason. He is smart enough to get into a permanent office position but he will need rehab for his physical injuries and possible treatment for depression so an early retirement is a good possibility too. I have generally liked working on flightlines, heavy industry, refineries etc but when shit goes bad it can get really bad.

That's awful :( He'll need a lot of therapy in a variety of areas. One of the biggest issues though is that given the field he's in, guys like that will do the physical rehab but tend to think they don't need the emotional therapy to help them such a huge sudden life transition because they'll appear weak if they do. The reality is, it would help him (and by extension his family) in so many ways if he takes advantage of ALL the services offered to him.

Will continue to think good thoughts for his recovery.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

P7PSP

« Reply #3367 on: June 10, 2012, 11:15:07 AM »
You may be right about that MK. Linemen are some macho mf's. The funny thing is that our union brothers and sisters tend to be easier on others than they are on themselves, so most of the pressure that you mention would come from within. But it is there too often.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3368 on: June 10, 2012, 12:38:58 PM »
That accident is awful PPK. Hope he gets through OK.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #3369 on: June 10, 2012, 12:40:11 PM »
Seriously annoyed. My cousin threatened to kill my cats. He doesn't like their shedding. I told him he could leave. He's been pigging out on our food anyway. He says he won't leave, they will. I'll cut his dick and balls off if he touches my boys.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

P7PSP

« Reply #3370 on: June 10, 2012, 12:48:22 PM »
Thanks Hyke.  :thumbup:

Seriously annoyed. My cousin threatened to kill my cats. He doesn't like their shedding. I told him he could leave. He's been pigging out on our food anyway. He says he won't leave, they will. I'll cut his dick and balls off if he touches my boys.
He sounds like a real POS.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #3371 on: June 10, 2012, 01:46:54 PM »
He is just like his father who's an even bigger POS. He hates black ppl calls em niggers. He complains that black people looking like gorillas and yet he looks like a gorilla himself. He isn't as bad like when he was 17. He used to piss all over the toilet seat and on the bathroom floor. It was so smelly. My mother had to clean it up. When I told his mother she said "you're tattling" and when I told him to his face she'd say: "you're embarrassing him." She also never believed when her kids did something wrong. She said "do you have proof?" Well her kid ended up kicked out of the navy and went to prison twice. Can't even balance a checkbook. He wants all sorts of toys to play with though.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3372 on: June 10, 2012, 01:53:01 PM »
CF - Hope things turn out the best possible way for him.  I echo what MissKitty said. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3373 on: June 10, 2012, 02:56:25 PM »
You may be right about that MK. Linemen are some macho mf's. The funny thing is that our union brothers and sisters tend to be easier on others than they are on themselves, so most of the pressure that you mention would come from within. But it is there too often.
And that's exactly what I mean. He would support a brother in the same position and say do it, but would be harder on himself thinking he can tough it out. Sometimes all it takes is another union buddy to say hey, this could do some good so give it some serious thought.

Have seen it myself in USW network.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3374 on: June 10, 2012, 04:15:43 PM »
Why aren't you the boss?

I guess I don't want to be the boss.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein