Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 169877 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: How are you feeling right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #2850 on: April 12, 2012, 07:11:10 AM »

Doing the wrong thing (hopefully without fucking things up too bad) will often point you toward what to do right.

Exactly. Momentum, even in the wrong direction, is still momentum.

PPK is smart, I am sigging that line of his.  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #2851 on: April 12, 2012, 05:09:01 PM »
Fat.  :tard:
:skywarp:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #2853 on: April 12, 2012, 05:14:24 PM »
your a hot weeble though. i'd go out with you and on the first date? sizzler!  :puppy: :seal:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2854 on: April 12, 2012, 06:46:07 PM »
Cold.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2855 on: April 12, 2012, 07:29:03 PM »
Stuck. I am experiencing writer's block on my assignment.
What has worked for me in the past is start writing. If you don't like how is is going change it as needed until you get the format/layout that you like.
Yes, I just did that and got a paragraph. I am supposed to be writing about a pretend 17 year old male who is tested using the WAIS-IV and his scores are all over the place. So I have to make up some stuff and find evidence in journal articles and such to back my claims I make about him.
Good. You taught me about uneven abilities. It puzzled me until you clarified that point.  Your autism is more of a nuisance* than mine but you kept going and qualified as a forklift driver and stuck it out in the workplace when others didn't.  :viking: Keep putting one foot in front of the other. People get flummoxed not knowing what to do. Do something. Doing the wrong thing (hopefully without fucking things up too bad) will often point you toward what to do right. Harden the fuck up.  :zoinks: :hug: <That is a virtual hug so don't get icked out.  :viking:

*That is not a slam ren.
All over the place score on the WAIS-IV can be a nuisance.  I'm interested in what you are writing Ren. It may be time for me to delve into that a bit more again too.
Thanks PPK. I did get a fair bit more done and then all the computers in the lab decided to shut down and start up again so that is why I didn't answer your post yesterday as soon as I saw it. When I qualified as a forkilift driver I had no clue about autism. I had no idea about it until I was actually assessed and thought I was wasting everyone's time.

Strangely enough I also had an IQ test but it was the WAIS-III back then - the WAIS-IV came about in 2008. Hyke - I made up my 17 year old male to be a student having trouble at school, especially with maths and English.
Verbal Comprehension Index = 83
Perceptual Reasoning Index = 133
Working Memory Index = 65
Processing Speed Index = 98
Full Scale IQ = 96

These Indexes replace what was known as the Verbal and Performance IQs of the WAIS-III.
Sorry that this has nothing to do with how I am feeling. :P
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #2856 on: April 12, 2012, 11:41:01 PM »
 :melon:

Offline BruceCM

• Half-wit of the Aspie Elite
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #2857 on: April 13, 2012, 05:47:05 AM »
Is the WAIS IV any better than III was?
Oh no, the evil webmaster changed my sig again!

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2858 on: April 13, 2012, 06:10:25 AM »
I don't know, I haven't done both, heh. I don't remember much about the assessment I took except that it was pretty hard. I liked sorting the red and white blocks into patterns though, that was for Performance IQ. But apparently the WAIS-IV doesn't take as long to administer. But then, there are more supplemental subtests.

There is this site which tells you more about the WAIS-IV:
http://psychcorp.pearsonassessments.com/haiweb/cultures/en-us/productdetail.htm?pid=015-8980-808&Community=CA_Psych_AI_Ability

If you scroll down to where it says training, there are some webinars you can watch and listen to. The woman's voice might drive you mad though. :P
Tek'ma'tae

Offline BruceCM

• Half-wit of the Aspie Elite
  • SINBINNED
  • Postwhore
  • It's a Mad World!
« Reply #2859 on: April 13, 2012, 06:43:08 AM »
I did the WAIS 3, I just wondered, since you already know about 4, if it seemed any better? Half of 3 seemed like, well, kids games - eg, the playiing with red/white blocks! Which involves dexterity as well as intelligence- how's that a fair test of only the latter, then?
Oh no, the evil webmaster changed my sig again!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2860 on: April 13, 2012, 06:45:54 AM »
I don't know, I haven't done both, heh. I don't remember much about the assessment I took except that it was pretty hard. I liked sorting the red and white blocks into patterns though, that was for Performance IQ. But apparently the WAIS-IV doesn't take as long to administer. But then, there are more supplemental subtests.

There is this site which tells you more about the WAIS-IV:
http://psychcorp.pearsonassessments.com/haiweb/cultures/en-us/productdetail.htm?pid=015-8980-808&Community=CA_Psych_AI_Ability

If you scroll down to where it says training, there are some webinars you can watch and listen to. The woman's voice might drive you mad though. :P
How does the VI version compare to the III version?

You made the gaps between the different sections quite big, true gaps.

Is a gap of 10 and more still considered to be an official learning difficulty?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2861 on: April 13, 2012, 07:09:39 AM »
I did the WAIS 3, I just wondered, since you already know about 4, if it seemed any better? Half of 3 seemed like, well, kids games - eg, the playiing with red/white blocks! Which involves dexterity as well as intelligence- how's that a fair test of only the latter, then?
I don't really understand your question. The link I gave you above and the webinar - that is the extent of my knowledge about the WAIS-IV so you can watch that and know as much as I do. It is quite long though. I didn't think III seemed like kids games, I thought it was quite hard. The blocks, well that is seeing how you can copy a pattern physically from a picture. And it is timed so that is part of it.
Hyke - the main difference is with some of the subtests  and the indexes.

I didn't make the gaps. I was given the data about my "client" by my horrible lecturer who probably thinks this is funny.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2862 on: April 13, 2012, 07:14:44 AM »
I don't really understand your question. The link I gave you above and the webinar - that is the extent of my knowledge about the WAIS-IV so you can watch that and know as much as I do. It is quite long though. I didn't think III seemed like kids games, I thought it was quite hard. The blocks, well that is seeing how you can copy a pattern physically from a picture. And it is timed so that is part of it.
Hyke - the main difference is with some of the subtests  and the indexes.

I didn't make the gaps. I was given the data about my "client" by my horrible lecturer who probably thinks this is funny.

There is literature on these gaps, but, most will be about the V/P gap, and not specified along the lines the lecturer got you. Lots of the problems will probably be similar though, because, according to literature, there is a big overlap in the problems of a V/P gap whether it is the V, or the P that is higher.
Frustration will be part of the problems of all gaps.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2863 on: April 13, 2012, 07:20:49 AM »
Yeah, I have read that autistics generally scored higher on the Performance IQ than the Verbal IQ. But that is to to with the WAIS-III, not the IV. There is not a whole lot to be found about the IV but I have found enough I think to say that my client may have a learning disorder or ADHD.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2864 on: April 13, 2012, 07:25:28 AM »
Yeah, I have read that autistics generally scored higher on the Performance IQ than the Verbal IQ. But that is to to with the WAIS-III, not the IV. There is not a whole lot to be found about the IV but I have found enough I think to say that my client may have a learning disorder or ADHD.

With the WAIS III a difference of 10 points was the threshold.  I'm just over that threshold, one of my loved ones has a difference of over 30 points, but, within the performance the differences within the subsections are a lot bigger for her.
A PDD-nos boy living close to us had the gap just the other way around. His performance IQ was a lot higher, and, that was considered to be quite common for people on the spectrum too.